Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed17hp JCW upgrade kit worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17hp JCW upgrade kit worth it?
    Posted: August/21/08 at 1:50am
Anyone out there has and think the JCW upgrade kit for the R56 worth it or not?   I'm considering getting this.  Please advise.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/08 at 6:33am
Have been debating this very issue myself. Don't have an answer as to it's worth but it's the only safe bet out there currently.

Saw a post on NAM where someone had the kit installed for $1770. or there abouts so sent a copy of the post with link to NW Mini asking if they could match the price. No dice! Maybe try to get enough people interested and approach NW Mini with a group buy and install party.

I already have a Milltec exhaust so all I really want is the ECU tune. My K&N drop in and cat back seem to work fine.

Hoping Jan (RMW) gets the Dimsport tune. It supposedly has been released in Europe.

Let me kow if you hear anything about the JCW or other tunes. A downpipe (with NO CEL's) tune, brake ducts, and slotted rotors plus some minor chassis bracing would make this guy a happy camper! (I could add more to the list but----------).

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
 Post Reply Post Reply