Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 MCS R56

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 MCS R56
    Posted: July/30/11 at 8:43am
It's time for a change! Don't know what I'll end up with but I'm advertising my baby on Craigslist to start and then as I narrow down the search we'll put it on Auto Trader. Or I could trade it on whatever I decide on since I'll get the tax credit for the trade in value.

This car has been FANTASTIC!!!! It does everything well and is a blast on the street and the track.

Here's the link to the ad on Craigslist:

The LITTLE BEAST is all set up with goodies that make it a joy to drive on a long winding road, highway trip, or surprising some HIGH PRICED IRON on the track.

Will consider removing some of the aftermarket parts if a buyer is not thrilled with the set up. Will not go to the expense of removing the suspension and putting the stock suspension on but the buyer will receive the Stock Sport suspension and Mach V springs.

One thing I forgot to put in the ad is the custom brake cooling. Porsche 993 air divertors have been installed by Cantrells and the fog lights removed to get addional air to the brakes. Have 4 fog lights that can easily be re-installed should the buyer feel the add'l brake cooling is overkill.

Pass this on to friends that have always wanted to enjoy a Mini.

Who know's I could end up with a new Mini Coupe or new JCW Hardtop but right now I'm looking at other DD & Track worthy marques. Would really like to get back into a RWD or AWD car.

Here's a link to photos:

Cheers!

Edited by Boomer - August/02/11 at 5:28pm
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 9:41am
Sorry to see you leaving MINI as part of your toy collection.  Sell the "P" car too and get an AWD "P" car, or do you have one already?

A friend owns one and REALLY likes it!

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 5:03pm
Stephen, the P-car is AWD. It's actually one of the reasons I'm facing this dilemma.

Put a new suspension on it & took it to the track. God it's a wonderful car, especially on the track.

So do I keep two potential track cars! Do I throw seats, harness bar & roll caage in the Mini and call it good. Do I sell one and get more power, as good a handling car as Mini, maybe a convertible, or another exotic with some cargo space!

Right now, I'm looking at a Mini replacement that will be RWD or AWD, have cargo capacity like the Mini and be as much fun to drive, look at & tinker with as the Mini.

The P-car is 10 years old. It is a PRETTY BEAST and the Boss likes to go for a Sunday drive in it. So that for me is reason enough to keep the P-car as is and look for a "DO ALL" replacement for the Mini.

Who knows, I could end up with a Mini Coupe if the bloody thing is descent looking and has cargo capacity.

Saw & sat in a 1 M Coupe (sold) and it would fit the bill. It really had my blood flowing even without driving it.

Oh well. If you know of someone that would be interested, send them my way. It's really an amazing little car, as you know--------------you have two!!!!!!

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 10:00pm
Cry

1M is a hot car beat the M3 on the top gear track.

Edited by johnf36 - July/31/11 at 11:39am
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 10:45pm
oh no. I think you are crazy for selling a MINI, but hope you do well with your sale. 
Everyone, Greg's car is a great track car and is very well set up and beats the pants off of any R53 MINI -- unless it is being driven by Larry Adres (Searocko). :-) 

Greg, not sure if you have any photos for here or your Craigslist ad, but here's what I have in my photo library of your car. Looks like this is the only photo I have! 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 5:30am
Greg:

I understand the dilemma!  Have you considered Lotus?

The Mini can be a Track Car that can carry more than a sack lunch.  What does "The Boss" like?

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 8:07am
Kurt, I know-------------at times I think I have LOST MY MIND!!!! The car is just a great little car but I've had this bug about getting more power & going back to RWD or AWD. I could spend thousands on the Mini and maybe end up with 250 + HP & Torque but then I'd compromise the reliability and economy the car has with it's current set up.
Kurt, thanks for the picture. Plan to detail the little beast and get current shots with the stock wheels & tires, along with some interior pictures. I've been putting this off since I'm almost afraid of changing my mind once I start taking pictures and looking closely at the car.

Taking the Porshce to the track was the final straw! It was just a KICK IN THE PANTS driving that car like it was intended to be driven.

Stephen, YES! I love the Lotus but the car doesn't LOVE old fat guys like me. I can get into the car gracefully but getting out is a whole other story. The car is somewhat FRAGILE. Heard a reports/rumors that a fairly minor mishap can result in a "TOTAL LOSS" due to the way the chassis is put together. The EXIGE is the ticket but IT HAS NO CARGO SPACE AT ALL. The P-CAR LOOKS LIKE A SUV in comparison. Plus, I really don't want to spend that sum of money.

The Boss is as PERPLEXED as ever about this decision. She really doesn't think the same way I do about cars. But she hasn't raised too many objections but then again I haven't made a decision on the replacement. She really doesn't want me to track the P-car, she doesn't really want a convertible and she doesn't want me to spend a ton of money on a replacement. So as long as I stay SOMEWHAT SANE on my choice I should be good to go.

Please talk to your buddies and have them talk to their friends. This is a great "DO ALL" car!

Cheers!
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 8:33am
John, here's a video or two on the 1 M Coupe.

Check out the drifting and then look at the video with the close up of the "White" one.

The car in the Valencia Orange is WICKED!!!!! Can't tell you the options on the one at BMW Seattle I was too awe struck by the car to pay attention to the options. There aren't many to begin with. The SEATS were FANTASTIC, the throw of the shifter felt NATURAL, visabilty was SUPERB, SIZE seemed PERFECT. Now if only I could drive one!!!!!! Better yet ------------- BUY ONE!!!!

It's outside of my BUDGET but I think I'd raise my debt ceiling unlike our inept government!!!!!!!

Cheers!
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 9:01am
G:

Big decisions!  I used to have a neighbor that had a His & Hers BMW 2800CS (1969 models) that were their daily drivers.  When his health started failing he had to put this (his other toy) on blocks, covered and only his mechanic drove it, and that was once a week to keep things working.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_350GT  Real Lucky Mechanic to go for a freeway spin in that every week and his only work was to inflate tires properly, lower off blocks and uncover and he was paid to do it!

Getting in an out of the Lotus is much more difficult and with my architecture I too can appreciate a higher vehicle.

Fragility has always been a Lotus issue.  I saw a Honda 750 motorcycle hit a Lotus head-on in a 35 mph zone.  Honda needed new forks and wheel but the Lotus was totaled.

S.

Edited by SMOG - July/31/11 at 9:26am
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 9:42am
Stephen I think I saw a short segment on this model Lambo on Speed or something when they had the Lamborghini as a featured marque at Pebble Beach.

What a BEAUTY for a first edition. My preference (if I could afford it) would be a Lambo over a Ferrari since they appear to be more of a "Drivers Car". Only Ferrari I've ever driven was a 87 328 GTB that was purchased by our CFO at the time. I bought a 87 951 (Porsche 944 Turbo) called Chuck and he got the F-car. (Good year for bonuses.) (Sure do miss this part of the Corp. life) He let me drive it on my next visit to New York. Didn't like the gear box gates!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 10:04am
Corporate Bonuses do have their benefits but the strings attached can be pretty heavy.

I never drove his Lambo and when he passed away his widow sold all three cars and got a Mercedes, very large sedan, and a 1971 Rolls Corniche.  She announce that she sold the cars and said, " take my new car for a spin and tell me what you think".  As the keys were flying through space toward me and I saw the RR logo on the key fob I couldn't believe she was tossing me the keys to a Rolls.  I opened the garage door and yep, a powder blue Corniche was sitting there.  I turned around and told her "Thanks, but I would be way to nervous to enjoy the ride !!!".  A very lucky widow who was also saddled with the burden of selling their 12 meter Americas Cup contender Cry......  She had two children who are closer to my age.

Good luck with your choice of cars.  I always felt most liberated driving something that appeared to be junk on the exterior, but not internally!  Kind of like bootleggers cars!  Nobody messes with them.

S.

Edited by SMOG - July/31/11 at 10:09am
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 11:38am

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 1:00pm
Watch Greg you will see what it does to the Cayman R and the Lotus Evora S

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 1:26pm
J:

That is impressive!

S.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 2:15pm
Great episode. Includes a short clip in the News section of the Mini Coupé and a nice segment with the Rally Countryman. 
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 2:27pm
John:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Had not seen that episode and one of the best I've seen in a long time!

Cheers! 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 3:32pm
Your welcome that is because it has not aired in the US LOLOLOL season 17 doesn't start til September here in the US. You should see episode 5 where Jeremy runs the Lotus F1 around the track and beats Stigs top time.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 7:19pm
Very good stuffThumbs Up
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 9:09am
Greg, saw a new mustang Laguna Seca model at the track this weekend. That's a sweet car if you are looking for more HP and a track car. :)
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 4:45pm
Martin, the Mustang GT & Shelby GT500 (pricey) are top contenders. The Boss 302, especially the Laguna Seca model, are commanding premiums.

Lowest second sticker I've seen on a Boss 302 is $9,995.00.

Too rich for my blood given what you get and how the car is finished. The factory priced it fairly, DEALER are being A**holes IMHO!!!!!!

Cheers!

PS: Agree it would make a great track car!
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 5:13pm
Greg what about picking up a gen one for 7k and buying a engine from Jan

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 5:16pm
Back when the Boss 302 & the 351 Clevland engines came out they were expensive & that apparently has not changed.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 5:40pm
One of the big problem with both the Mustang and Camaro is the 1960's suspension  it sucks .

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 5:50pm
$9,995? I think you are missing a digit. 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 6:03pm
Kurt you can snag a 02 for as low as 6k

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 7:22pm
Kurt---------MSRP about $42,000.00 DEALER MARKUP $10,000.00 Price= $52,000.00 For a MUSTANG!

Read the review and watch the video. Also check out some of the other comparisons with Pony cars. The Mustang has changed. Still cheap parts in the interior and still has some image problems but BANG for the buck is good. A GT equiped the way I want it is about $38,000.00 roughly the same as a JCW. Power is double and suspensions need to be tweaked on both cars.

Add the fact that Ford Racing sells tunes and GO FAST parts with warranties --------you have a winner!

Now, suspension & handling. Check this out

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 7:46pm
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the sound of the BMWs (and MINIs) to American iron. (Don't tell Samir) 

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 9:35pm
I don't know if you guys watch the Continental tire series but both Mustang and Camaro are running 2 and 3 behind BMW. These cars are great on straight courses but when you start hammering them on tight road courses with their old style suspension and solid rear axle the breaks take a beating. I have seen race after race the BMWs pull in front because they are more suited for road racing.

Also good luck finding a GT for 30k , try 40 to 48. Not sure how motor trend got a 5 l for 3.7 l prices but that sound typical for motor trend.

BTW;  Bill Pierre has 3 Shelbies, Kirkland also has a good selection.
Greg if your leaving Mini find the loose change for the 1 M

ALSO Mini went 1 2 at New Jersey

Edited by johnf36 - August/01/11 at 10:52pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 9:46pm
Honestly the only thing Ford builds that is worth a darn in my opinion is the Focus RS

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1104_new_ford_focus_rs_will_it_happen/index.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1005_ford_focus_rs500_first_drive/index.html

Edited by johnf36 - August/01/11 at 10:00pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/11 at 11:03pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>