Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 MCS R56

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/11 at 8:27am
John, think you'd be surprised by the Mustang GT. Ford is making a better product!

Love the RS but no longer on the books & never was in the US. Their new World Platform may produce something close.

The 1 M Coupe is stunning in person. However, very hard to get since only 650 are destined for our shores. The Valencia Orange one at BMW Seattle was AWESOME. Wish I could have driven it!!!! There are about 5 on Auto Trader last time I checked and many have pretty large second stickers.

Haven't made a decision yet on the car that will replace Mini. Still need to find a STI to drive but again this car doesn't stir my soul.

That's the biggest problem with the Mini--------------it still gets the juices flowing on the street & on the track. I'm in NO HURRY!!!!!! Been dragging my feet to even get pictures up.

Could be that the Mini Coupe will arrive & capture my interest before anything happens with Mini.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/11 at 8:31am
Has the Craigslist advertisement attracted any interest? 
If someone offers you the asking price, would you sell it? Or, if you haven't made up your mind yet, you would make up some excuse and not sell it? ("Sorry, the car has already been sold")
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/11 at 12:07pm
Well understood Greg. I guess my big problem is these US manufactures are still stuck in the stoneage Ford and Government motors both had a chance to really launch their cars into the 21 century and in all reality it is the same old stuff. Which it must be a US thing because in the real world they both build cars that kick butt.

Good examples are the Vauxhall VSR line namely the VRX8 GT. http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microsite/vxr/cars/vxr8/index.shtml
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/11 at 1:53pm
Kurt, only a couple request for pictures and a solicitation from Park Place to consign the car.

Your next question is SILLY. Of course I'd sell it!!!!!!! My only real concern is the track days in August and the trip to Laguna Seca in Sept.. If the Mini is sold by then and I don't have a replacement, I'll take the Porsche.

Ideally, I'd love to sell it to someone that fully appreciates the car and the mods. It would be really great to see the car at a local HPDE, I think, but then again I might get angry with myself for selling it, especially if I end up POINTING HIM/HER BY!!!!!!

John, I too get upset about different cars being available in other parts of the world & not here in the US. I really would have liked to have that LIME GREEN Ford Focus RS or the RS 500 all blacked out. Hopefully Ford will continue to offer the same type of vehicles with the World Market approach and NOT DUMB DOWN THE REST OF THE WORLD to what is acceptable here.

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/11 at 8:29pm
I think the reason is for them to last on the world market they can't pull the crap they pull here and last. Example is a multi rear link system should have been installed in the cars in question. Heaven for bid thinking out of the box and making them all wheel drive. Bottom line is these cars are built to go straight or always turn left.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/11 at 3:44pm
Here's the new ad with pictures:

Cheers!
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/11 at 3:59pm
Greg does your car qualify for mini certified program

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/11 at 8:03am
John, don't know!
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/11 at 12:22pm
Seattle Mini was looking for cars to buy back.

SEATTLE MINI Adoption Program.
We need your MINI. That’s it. No fluff. No gimmicks.
We are desperately seeking contenders for our pre-owned MINI NEXT program.
You can either Trade-in your MINI or we will buy it outright.

Edited by johnf36 - August/06/11 at 12:25pm

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/11 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

Here's the new ad with pictures:

Cheers!

This ad is expired already. 
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/11 at 4:55am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Seattle Mini was looking for cars to buy back.

SEATTLE MINI Adoption Program.
We need your MINI. That’s it. No fluff. No gimmicks.
We are desperately seeking contenders for our pre-owned MINI NEXT program.
You can either Trade-in your MINI or we will buy it outright.

I too got something in the mail about this buy back program.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/11 at 2:31pm
How about an E46 M3 or E86 Z4 M Coupe?
Or Subaru BRZ (lightweight, very low center of gravity, 2+2 coupe) that will come sometime next year?

Check this Z4MC (it already has TC Kline suspension with camber plates, Stoptech BBK, and some other mods):
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605541

Edited by Erhan - November/21/11 at 2:33pm
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/11 at 4:27pm
Thanks Erhan! That Z4 M is pretty! However, not a fan of the car.
I do like the e46 but why go backwards. In my opinion that's what I'd be doing with the cars you mentioned. The only BMW that really captured my attention is the 1 M Coupe, but harder to find than hens teeth and pricing is high.  

Looked at the info on the new Subi, BRZ & the Toyota, will have to see in person.

Ford is doing a face lift on the Mustang, GT, Boss 302 & Shelby GT 500 and from what I've seen & read it looks really good. The Boss 302 is what I'd really like, OK DD and ready for track work. Dealers are really milking pricing and with the 2nd year model getting SYNC, it's a no brainer to wait for the new model.

There are a couple of other cars I'd like to see: Golf R, Ford Focus ST, and the new A3. So far the Mustang is the best buy for the buck IMO.

Cheers!
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/11 at 12:27pm
I was looking at the VW website and saw the Golf R...  34k sounds a lot I think.  You can buy an E46 M3 for much less.

2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/11 at 1:06pm
Go check out the New Audi A1

searocko View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/11 at 3:27pm
The A1 isn't available in the US, otherwise I'd get a Quattro!

The Golf R isn't bad for $34K considering what you get. Comparing it to a used E46 M3, or anything used for that matter, is unfair. I considered getting an R but then decided I want to go with a RWD as my next track car.
Larry

2005 JB/W MCS:RMW Tuned 215hp/187tq,cam|TSW x-brace|Cross Coilovers w/Swift Springs|OZ Alleggerita|Direzza|Scorpion Exh|etc.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/11 at 1:12am
do an 1m coupe

They say the gen 2's are suppose to be released in the US  Larry.

Edited by johnf36 - December/28/11 at 1:14am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12