Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 4th of July Parades Bothell and Burien - Event Date: July/04/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/13 at 1:47pm
Well, they have made it about as difficult as possible to get to our staging area, but hang in there, we're so close now.

Coming west on 148th, turn left (south) on 6th. Go to 151st, turn right, go thru the gate, turn right on 8th, and right again onto 150th, behind the other MINIs in staging area E. Line up facing west.

See, clear as mud

I'll be hanging out at Hans' Deli, pointing and waving.

See you soon.

Gretchen
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/13 at 10:23am
I'm still not sure where FEEDBACK goes, but here goes . . . .

Great day for those 4th of JULY parades!!!  Great turnout of MINIs for both Bothell & Burien!!!  WooHoo

MANY THANKS to our organizers:   Byrne (GUMBY LIVES), Gretchen (LMNCELO) and Larry (JOIDVIE) BowDownBowDownBowDownClapClapClap

Here are some pics from each parade.

BOTHELL   WooHoo

BURIEN   WooHoo

WooHoo

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/13 at 10:39am
I still find it quite humorous that we are celebrating independence from the British while driving cars from the British!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/13 at 1:19pm
You should love my Navigator's parade portrait then. Wink

LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/13 at 6:06am
Thanks to all who showed up at the Parades. We had a blast, everyone should plan on coming out next year.
Thanks Gumby for the roundabout lead-out, we're getting the hang of it now, but perhaps we should practice on our next outing.
It was another terrific MINI outing, these cars and owners are so much fun!
Post more pictures, OK
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/13 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

I still find it quite humorous that we are celebrating independence from the British while driving cars from the British!

Funny you should say that; we had a couple spectators say the same thing to us while we were driving in the parade.
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/13 at 9:24am
We only made the Bothell parade but had a blast! Really enjoyed the MINI's all "dressed" up! The humans were awesome too
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/13 at 3:17pm
Hope other people will post photos!

In the meantime, I have a few more dressed up MINIs.

WooHoo

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/13 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by JulzMni JulzMni wrote:

Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Funny you should say that; we had a couple spectators say the same thing to us while we were driving in the parade.

Just think German and French and the guilt vanishesWink

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/13 at 7:29pm
Here's a few pictures we took, mostly in the staging area.  Good to see everybody; this might be our last event until the blessed event in early August.

We kind of do the same thing to the car(s) every year.  I guarantee that this is a photo from 2013, however.

Gumby leads- always!

Our "dance" partner, and also responsible for throwing the candy out.  Much thanks- you made us even more popular this year!

Another regular is Genie B, who always does a great job of decorating her car.

Turnout was a bit down, but the crowd still loved us!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/13 at 8:07pm
THANKS GENIE B 4 THE PHOTO OF MY mini ON THE 4TH OF JULY IN BOTHELL AND BURIEN.....♥
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123