Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A/C control marker Fix?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A/C control marker Fix?
    Posted: July/11/14 at 12:41pm

Anyone know where I can get a replacement blue marker for the hot/cold control?  Is it even possible to just get this piece?
09' Chocolate MINI Clubman
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/14 at 3:00pm
Part number 64119318950 maybe?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=MF73&mospid=50031&btnr=64_1545&hg=64&fg=20

No price, oh wait, yes here is a price http://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2007-Cooper-R56-S-Coupe-L4_1.6L_N14B16A/ES2642070/

Throw that part number into Google and you'll be able to find it. Or take that part number to the dealer. Good luck!

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/14 at 10:35pm
I can't believe they sell just that little part. Usually you have to buy the entire knob or the entire control assembly. 
FunSizeDriver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/14 at 5:06pm
thats what I was thinking as well... hmmm maybe i can put blue play doh there lmao...
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/14 at 3:22am
you could put sugru in there, http://sugru.com/  let me know if you want a blue packet, then you won't have to shell out $22 for a whole kit of sugru

its like plasti dip; it can be pealed (picked) off later
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/14 at 11:10pm
ooh looks interesting and a potential fix. only problem on my mind is will it lets the blue LED light shine through?
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/14 at 6:38am
Unlikely, but you are welcome to try.   It will be a bitch picking out the sugru if you don't like it, but it is removable
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/14 at 10:45am
Seems if you lost yours, you should be able to get one at a junk yard.  Must come off.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/14 at 11:31am
I took the spendy road. Thanks Ryan for the oem websites. 45$ for a red and blue marker from ecs. Hope this works. Will post when they come in and clip em on
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/14 at 6:56pm
got em in! Thanks guys for your input, one less thing to worry about.  If you guys know where i can get a nice clubman roof scoop and someone interested in yellow mirror caps send me a message.

Post Reply Post Reply