Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Fun Drive Sometime Soon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Fun Drive Sometime Soon!
    Posted: March/15/13 at 4:01pm

I am probably going to go on a drive with my father and some friends out near the North Bend area; There are some amazing roads back there! We are starting to plan for sometime this next month; and I know this isn't a specific Mini event; being as he is driving a NON- mini LOL, but I was just going to see if anyone else would be interested in tagging along. We will meet up for coffee and or snacks before the drive then head out for most likely about a 1.5-2 hour drive; and at some point a stop at a good restaurant for food! If people are interested I can keep them posted on a time/date; either way if people want to come or not I will be tearing up the twisties!Big smile

2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
Spider Driver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/13 at 4:47pm
While I don't have any specific suggestions, I do want to point out this link:

This is the Fiat club's library of 'turn-by-turn' route instructions, there are currently about 40 sets.

They are in PDF format, but I can supply Word document format upon request.

All free for the taking, just don't blame me if you find the roads have changed somewhat.  We make no effort to keep them current.

I frequently combine two or more routes to make up a new one - a nice feature of having the library.

Enjoy and please use!

Bert Cripe
President
Fiat Enthusiasts Northwest
Co-organizer of the Fall Classic Tour
Bert Cripe
Tulip Rallye Co-chair
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/13 at 7:12pm
Oranos991 keep us posted this sounds like a good time.

Spider Dave thanks for the link and offer for the word docs!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/13 at 6:43am
Spider Driver:  THANKS for posting.  Thumbs Up  If there's one thing I love to see it's driving routes I wasn't aware of! 

Happy Motoring!

Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/13 at 8:23am
I have a very specific route I am planning; My father used to be a major part of TRD Northwest and led a lot of drives when I was younger. I have done the drive with him before and think it would just be a blast. I work in a family business so we have been hassling each other back and forth about going out and doing it every week. I have noticed the majority of our drives are FAR FAR FAR away LOL from where I am located ( Redmond area); Which I don't mind I drive anyways, but maybe some people would enjoy driving in an area they generally don't? I sure have on the further drives from me! ( last took me 2 and a half hours to get to the starting point, but that was when I lived in Duvall). But my father is a motorcycle enthusiast now a days since he has retired from building race cars and working for Toyota; and I have just about convinced him to bring out his old toy car and come drive with me.. I will keep you posted I just wanted to initially see if anyone would like to come or is interested. 

Thanks for the responses and thank you for the route suggestions; I love seeing that type of kindness; hard to find these days!
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/13 at 9:29am
I'M ALL IN 4 THIS DRIVE BUTT IT NEEDS 2 BE ON A SUNDAY MY X-WIFE AND MY 2 DAUGHTERS LIVE IN MY X HOUSE IN NORTH BEND AND I THINK WE SHOULD at some point a stop at a good restaurant for food SHOULD MEET AT MO BBQ FOR GOOD FOOD AND FYI MY DAUGHTER BRIANNA IS THE MANAGER THERE AND I AM SURE WE WILL GET A GOOD GROUP DISCOUNT....
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/13 at 4:51pm
Sounds like a fun area for a drive, and I love BBQ!  WooHoo
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 10:08am
That does sound like a great idea! BBQ is always high on my list. Now based on my schedule I am thinking of a time frame of about a month out. Girlfriend has my weekends booked up with stuff until than LOL. I have been taking a lot of drives and actually have found some new routes that I REALLY love. I mean I could drive these things for hours; if anyone on the eastside area is curious about some seriously fun roads; we have em they are just hidden! PM Me and we can set a time up to do a little drive to show you the routes! I will try and update on the time as soon as I can give a for sure date!
 Post Reply Post Reply