Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMVIV 7 Convoys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMVIV 7 Convoys
    Posted: December/16/09 at 3:33am

Since no one else has started a thread on this I thought I would. 

For the newbies out there, historically (or at least in the last couple of years) the largest convoy has left Western Washington for Vegas on Tuesday, overnighted in Jackpot, NV and then arrived in Vegas on Wednesday.  The return trip is generally a little more fragmented with some leaving on Sunday and some leaving on Monday.

So, with that said, what are everyone's plans this year?  Do we still want to do a Tuesday departure?  (This would be March 23rd this year.)  Please weigh in and let's make some plans!

Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 1:35am

For those that have the time and desire for an extended vacation, Conekiller (Dean) and I have been working on a fun alternative on the way down. We are calling it the "Canyonball Run". The plan is to jump off from Provo, UT (we plan on taking 2 days to drive from Seattle to Provo) and then head on down through some beautiful areas including Bryce Canyon, Zion and then along the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on around to the South Rim and then hit the Skywalk on the West Rim on the way to Vegas (traveling along Route 66 part of the way). I have the tentative route available if anyone wants to take a look at it (just PM me with you e-mail so I can send it to you). Below is the tentative daily schedule and route (Note that drive times don't include times for sight-seeing stops, etc..they are drive times only) if you want a heads up. It should be a terrific drive and we welcome anybody that wants to join in the adventrure. PM me if you want more details!

Day # Day From To Distance Time 
1 Sat 3/20 Seattle, WA Ontario, OR 449.9      6.5
2 Sun 3/21 Ontario, OR Provo, UT 433.9      6.2
3 Mon 3/22 Provo, UT Kanab, UT 355.3      6.7
4 Tue 3/23 Kanab, UT Grand Canyon (S. Rim), AZ 206      3.8
5 Wed 3/24 Grand Canyon (S. Rim), AZ Las Vegas, NV 393.8      7.7
Seattle, WA Las Vegas, NV 1838.9    31.0
6 Thu 3/25 Las Vegas, NV Las Vegas, NV
7 Fri  3/26 Las Vegas, NV Las Vegas, NV
8 Sat 3/27 Las Vegas, NV Las Vegas, NV
9 Sun 3/28 Las Vegas, NV Boise, ID 660.6      9.0
10 Mon 3/29 Boise, ID Seattle, WA 504.2      8.4
Las Vegas, NV Seattle, WA 1164.8    17.5

Edited by Wildfamily - January/19/10 at 12:17am
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 8:33am
If you go in October, you might miss the fun in LV.  Smile
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 8:47am
Not if they stay there until March -
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 9:03am
I like the way you think Jack!   Count me in!!!!WooHoo

Edited by MiniCharley - December/17/09 at 9:03am
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 10:26am
Martin, that looks awesome even in October!  Maybe I can twist Larry's arm to go with that route. 
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/09 at 1:39pm
LOL...oops...guess I was a little off there...let's go with March..I'd prefer that too!
'80 Mini English White
Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/09 at 6:44am
Hi Everyone,

Last years wagon train to and from Vegas was a blast! 

Gina right now Alan (gominigo) and Dori (Tater) are planning on heading out on Tuesday and Heading home on Monday again.

there is not a Banquet for AMVIV this year (never went before) but as vendors we like to have Sunday to relax before we head home.

However we are pondering getting a hotel on the strip Saturday Night and Sunday Night

Im ready to start a list of people that want to head out Tuesday.
Dori
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/09 at 3:42am
I will be flying Solo this year. Karen may or may not fly down but my sister Lauren is going to fly down to play with me and us. I am in for Tues departure.

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/09 at 4:24am
Tuesday depart:  as of 12-30-09
List:
4LFCLVR
TATER
GoMiniGo

Edited by minigecko - December/30/09 at 4:25am
Dori
bbm View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/09 at 6:04am

Not certain yet if I'm going but I would like to stay in the loop on this one. 

07 MCS sprt/aero/prem/nav/keylss/xnon: Alta CAI, Alta TB, Alta stealth FMIC, Alta Boost tubes, NM Eng tower bar, 25mm hollow SB, HR, Elbrus104, Toyo, JCW carbons, Whalen, ss lines, 10” subs/650wt.
Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/09 at 6:22am
You should go, it is alot of fun.  Half of the fun is getting there!  By the way I heard that there is only like 20 hotel rooms left
Dori
REDSHFT View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REDSHFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/09 at 3:34am
Not sure if we're going to make this or not. I have a conference I HAVE to go to at the CDC in Atlanta from March 17-22. It means we'd have to jump into the car as soon as we get off the plane and drive to LV. Not that the driving would be bad....Wink just being gone so long from home. I'd love to join the folks heading to the Grand Canyon! IF we make it we might do this route,,, but in reverse. We were also talking about heading south after the conference for some spring training games in Arizona. Then a nice easy drive home up the California coast. Anyone else interested?

>43K miles
'09 MC (May 2), new plates: REDSHFT
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/10 at 9:16am
I will have to coordinate with my co-pilot, but at this point am leaning to a Tuesday departure as well.

Gina

Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/10 at 12:10pm
Who is your co-pilot???? did you get a new one??
Dori
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/10 at 11:59am
Wildfamily-
   Donna and Les Alluisi would like to Motor with you on the scenic cruise to AMVIV.   We can be reached at dalluisi@gmail.com.    Thank You.

Edited by MINIRVA - January/05/10 at 12:03pm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/10 at 12:19pm
Glad to hear your gonna have a go with us Donna and Les!  I'll send you the preliminary route so you can take a look at it.

Cheers!
Martin
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/10 at 11:22pm

Canyonball Run Participants:

Wildfamily (Anne & Martin)
Cinimin (Jack & Linda)
MiniCharley (Dean & Belinda)
MINIRVA (Donna & Les)
Peabody (John & Mavourneen)
Escape Pod (Beth & Roy)
BurnerS (Steve)
Catlvr2 (Leane & Larry)
GinainBelltown (Gina & Ashley)
Bbm - Maybe? :)

Edited by Wildfamily - February/17/10 at 5:20am
'80 Mini English White
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/10 at 2:34am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Canyonball Run Participants:

Wildfamily (Anne & Martin)
Cinimin (Jack & Linda)
MiniCharley (Dean & Belinda)
MINIRVA (Donna & Les)
Peabody (John & Mavourneen)
Escape Pod (Beth & Roy)
Catlvr2 (Leane & Larry) - Tentative
Bbm - Maybe? :)

Looking like a fun group is shaping up.  Anyone else want to do a Canyonball? 
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/10 at 9:01am
Belinda & Dean's daughter Ashley is coming with me.  The poor girl is 23 and hasn't been to Vegas yet.  I have agreed to corrupt her.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/10 at 11:02am
Cool Gina! She is a hoot and will definitely be fun travel mate. When are you guys leaving? What group?
'80 Mini English White
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/10 at 3:37am
Hey... and who took me off the list Anne?  and Ashley can ride with Rob and I...wink wink nod nod!
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/10 at 7:24am
Originally posted by BurnerS BurnerS wrote:

Hey... and who took me off the list Anne?  and Ashley can ride with Rob and I...wink wink nod nod!

Sorry I just did a simple cut and paste.  Glad to have you coming along.  As far as Ashlie goes, I think she's MUCH safer going with Gina on a different route. Wink
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/10 at 9:28am
Anne,

Since when did I become so tame that I'm safer than the girl's own parents?Shocked

Gina

CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/10 at 10:49am
I was going to suggest that Ashley also spend some time in 4LFCLVR.  You never know when she'll be on the side of the road talking with a tow truck driver, peace officer, whomever - not that you don't also try very hard Gina.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/10 at 12:26am
Originally posted by ginainbelltown ginainbelltown wrote:

Anne,

Since when did I become so tame that I'm safer than the girl's own parents?Shocked

Gina

Compared to Steve??? ... well, I think it's pretty clear where Ashlie is the safest!  LOL
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/10 at 12:27am
Hey Hey!  it is not me she has to worry about... it is Rob.. hahaha!
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
beken View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/10 at 2:24am

Would have loved to join the Canyonball, but got drafted into a midlife crisis bucket list roadtrip.  Hope to see you all at AMVIV again. 

I'll be doing my own run, leaving 10 days before AMVIV and returning a week after AMVIV ends.  Does anybody know what the roads are like into Idaho along the northern border? 

So here is our preliminary itinerary upon leaving Vancouver BC. 
- North Cascades National Park (WA)
- Spokane (WA)
- Coeur D'Alene (Idaho)
- Beaverhead National Forest (Montana)
- Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
- Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Denver (Colorado) ** not sure yet - may not have time to make the rather long detour
- Grand Canyon National Park (Az)
- Phoenix (AZ) for Sun's Game (vs Knicks), a round of golf, and my aunt's birthday
- Route 66 to Kingman(AZ_
- Hoover Dam(NV)
- Las Vegas for AMVIV(NV)
- Area 51 ; )
- LA for Canucks vs Kings game
- Napa
- San Francisco(CA)
- Coast Highway to Suislaw National Forest
- Portland(OR)
- Cannon Beach(OR)
- Seattle
- home.

beken - 05 MCS BEP Alta 22mm Rear antisway bar, MINI-Madness CAI, Alta 15%, NGK BKR7EIX
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/10 at 3:17am
Wow! Sounds like quite an adventure Beken. Look out for 4th of July pass in Northern Idaho in the Winter...can be bad.
'80 Mini English White
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/10 at 6:17am
Originally posted by CosmicTraveler CosmicTraveler wrote:

I was going to suggest that Ashley also spend some time in 4LFCLVR.  You never know when she'll be on the side of the road talking with a tow truck driver, peace officer, whomever - not that you don't also try very hard Gina.

Hey, I resemble that remarkLOL.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>