Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMVIV#8 - "Cliffs, Curves and Cactus 2011" - Event Date: May/14/11 - May/23/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicommittee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/11 at 1:12pm
Well I would really like to see everyone for this...and I hope you all have a blast, but with my work schedule and the time required to participate there is no way I can go...Cry

Leanne....I know I haven't posted or even been reading the site as much....sorry. We miss everyone too. We've either been busy or the budget has been a little tight so we couldn't do some of the events.  I guess I took after my mother a bit and just avoided seeing what was going on so I wouldn't be disappointed I couldn't partake.  Weird I know....

I also tend to not enjoy the winter months...too dark and dreary for me....

I am a fair weather girl....once the sun comes back out and the weather warms up...I perk up and am raring to go! 
bbm View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/11 at 12:54pm

I just reserved my room for the Palace Station Courtyard through Expedia.com and It cost $15/night less than the AMVIV group discount.

My tentative plan is to start my drive on the 13th and head on down there via Yosemite and maybe through LA afterwards. Check into Vegas on the 17th. Return home on the 21st.

07 MCS sprt/aero/prem/nav/keylss/xnon: Alta CAI, Alta TB, Alta stealth FMIC, Alta Boost tubes, NM Eng tower bar, 25mm hollow SB, HR, Elbrus104, Toyo, JCW carbons, Whalen, ss lines, 10” subs/650wt.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/11 at 5:36pm
Put Larry and me back on the list!  We've decided to go and I booked our room today.  Let me know if I can help out with any planning.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
VMCCPres View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMCCPres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/11 at 12:32pm

PSMINI!

the VMCC, your neighbours to the north, are als interested in driving to AMVIV. we are curerntly involved in growing our membership and have published a partial event calendar.

I would be interested in connecting with your drive leader to see if we can meetup along the way, share resources or even join the train! email me at president@vancouverminicooperclub.com

I enjoyed the Baker run with you all last year and hope to see you on the road soon!

Ross Creasy
VMCC Prez

2006 MCS JCW
dark met. silver, black JCW 18",  aero kit, full JCW kit, Thule rack, etc..
"it's not cute, it's mean.

Ross Creasy
President
Vancouver MINI Cooper Club
Pylon View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/11 at 11:42pm
Hello, my friends, this is my first post on your forum!  I am so looking forward to joinging you on the Beach Ball Tour to AMVIV.  I am working with members from the PDX Mini Club to join us on the tour.  How do your plans look for the drive to California?  Where will we stay on Saturday and Sunday night?  Are you going to have graphics for our cars?  Where can we meet you?  Vacation set up, ready to roll!
PDX Mini Member Purple Haze Miniac
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Pylon Pylon wrote:

Hello, my friends, this is my first post on your forum!  I am so looking forward to joinging you on the Beach Ball Tour to AMVIV.  I am working with members from the PDX Mini Club to join us on the tour.  How do your plans look for the drive to California?  Where will we stay on Saturday and Sunday night?  Are you going to have graphics for our cars?  Where can we meet you?  Vacation set up, ready to roll!

Hi Pylon

We are meeting this weekend to go over options. It looks like we will leave on Sat and drive straight through to Cresent City, CA so we can do the Redwoods. Then we have talked about going down the coast but beyond that we don't have any specific plans. We are debating about how far we want to go into CA because driving on the freeway is not what we want to do.

So as you can see we are still in the planning process and it should firm up shortly.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Pylon View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 11:57pm
OK, a PDX member, Keith Younger, plans to join us for the Beach Ball Run.  Looking forward to hearing about the plans.
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/11 at 8:23pm
Hi All

We had our first extensive meeting on this years AMVIV run. We thought that it should be called,

"Cliffs, Curves and Cactus 2011"

We plan to leave the Fife area (not sure NW MINI or McDonalds) on Saturday May 14. Meet at 7am, driver meeting at 730 and on the road at 800.

We will lunch just south of Portland and possibly pick up PDX folks. Then head for Crescent City, CA by the end of the day. Long day but we are limited in time. 

Lodging:  Best Western Northwoods Inn
                655  Jwy 101
                Cresent City, CA       707-464-9771 or USA 800-577-3396  Speak to Mgr Patricia
  AAA rate- $90.00  PSMINI Rate: $75.00 Single Queen, $80.00 two Queens

Sunday May 15th go through the Redwood National park and take photos at privately owned redwoods that you can still drive through. Landing in Fort Bragg for the night.

Lodging: Quality Inn
               400 S Main St
               Fort Bragg, CA
  PSMINI Rate: $80.00      Call 707-964-4761 and speak to Brittnay Mention PSMINI at time of reservation.

Monday May 16th we will make our way down the coast and over through the wine country, with a couple of stops for samples on our way to Lodi, Ca for the night. Suggestions are welcome for specific vineyard stops.

Lodging: Best Western Royal Host INN
               710 S Cherokee Ln
               Lodi, CA
PSMINI Rate: $70.00  Call 209-369-8484 and speak to Ruby (works Wed and Thurs 3:00pm- 11:00pm) Mention PSMINI at time of reservation.
Tuesday May 17th we will make our way through Yosemite to Lee Vining, Ca. We will plan a "plan B" if the road through Yosemite is closed. All notes say that it can be closed into late May and even June. 

Lodging: Lake View Lodge
               51285  HWY 395
               Lee Vining, CA
General Rate: $85 1-Queen,   $93 King, and $95 2-Queens, if three occupants of 2 Queen room $101 and $106 for 4 occupants.  Call 800-990-6614

Wednesday May 18th, we will make our way to Vegas. 

AMVIV is Thursday May 19th through Sunday May 22. The return trip will be open to multiple departure times and routes according to each groups needs.

Return Trip leaving Sunday:
Lodging: Residence Inn Boise West
               7303 W Denton St
               Boise, ID
 PSMINI Rate: $76 for King Studio or 1 Bedroom Queen. Both have sleeper sofas of others.
  Mention Settle MINI Car Club while making reservations.  Call 208-385-9000.

We will provide more details as to roads and lodging as we develop the information. 

We will also be developing a road game similar to Dean and Belinda's last year as it was a total blast. We will keep you posted.

Karin & Karen        and   Les & Donna

Edited by TWIZZLR - March/08/11 at 2:08pm
Karin & Karen

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/11 at 8:33pm
Sounds like a fun and well planned trip - unfortunately we'll be out again this year but we wish all those able to participate a safe and fun motoring adventure! Cool
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/11 at 9:49pm
WooHoo
Also, registration for AMVIV is now open!
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/11 at 10:28am
Man I'd love to make this trip with the family, but we just have too much planned this year. I'm already booked for a trip down to Reno/Virginia City NV hill climb to cover the event for a friend. (http://www.spectre341challenge.com/)

Someone make sure to take lots of pics!

James
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/11 at 4:18pm
Every single time I try to drive through Yosemite it's closed or I'm in a car without required tires/chains. Seriously, you should ban me from going with you if you expect to find that road open :P
j/k

There is a Dam tour on Thursday morning that I'd really like to take. For that reason I may be taking the whole week off and joining you on this run.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/11 at 8:03pm
I've done that dam tour and it really is very interesting!  I'd even consider doing it again.
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/11 at 9:08pm
I heard the tour was just one dam thing after another...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/11 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by catlvr2 catlvr2 wrote:

WooHoo
Also, registration for AMVIV is now open!

I registered within 30 minutes of receiving an email that said registration was open. I even bought two tickets for the dam tour! WooHoo

Please see the beginning of this thread. I have updated the information and will continue to keep it as current as possible.

Thank you,
Brenda Big smile

P.S. An email I received that confirmed my AMVIV registration: 

On Feb 14, 2011, at 8:11 PM, SCMC Treasurer <treasurer@sincityminiclub.com> wrote:

Confirming that we received your registration.

See you in May.

Pedro Torres
Treasurer, Sin City Mini Club

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Pylon View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/11 at 12:15am

Keith and I can meet you for lunch south of Portland.  Let me know if you need ideas for a good restaurant, or if you need something fast.  Famous Dave's BBQ is a great restaurant in Tualatin, would take about and hour.  For good fast food, Burgerville is located in Tigard: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Portland, OR to 15650 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd., Lake Oswego, OR 97035-4062

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/11 at 7:31pm
Got my confirmation today so I'm in.  Good thing since I reserved a room for the event a few weeks ago. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
Pylon View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/11 at 11:06pm
Hey, I have registered for AMVIV, including the Dam Tour.  Can't wait!
GIR View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/11 at 9:01am
Count me and "GIR" in. I am not sure who I am following down or if I am going with my sponsor MINI-Madness. So when I get more info I will let everyone know if I am following them down or the group. Can't wait I have always wanted to go to one of these since I was in Texas.
Texan: '07 Custom MINI
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/11 at 2:27pm
I updated my route post earlier in the thread and asked Brenda to copy it to the top of the tread.

Karin
Karin & Karen

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/11 at 6:21pm
That's awesome, Karin, you've gotten group rates for us for the lodging!
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/11 at 10:50am
   Minirva has reservations with all five of the motels for the adventure there and back again, plus the Palace Station and AMVIV.   We are so ready to go!!   Les and Donna. 
josiebojo View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josiebojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 8:12am
I'm not going to be able to join you for the trip down the coast.
I'm still planning on going to AMVIV but haven't registered yet. I'm still unsure if I can get the time off.

Hope to see you down there!
So many roads, so little time!

Toddy, '05 Cooper S, Jet Black, white roof, checkered mirrors, rainbow tie-dyed fuzzy dice
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 3:09pm
All reservations made and we are ready to go.

Can't wait!!!!

Karin
Karin & Karen

PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 6:43pm
Shouldn't it be "Cliffs, Curves and Cacti"? (plural, plural, plural?) ;)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 7:21pm
Who knows, we may only see one cactus but we'll see lots of cliffs and curves.  Big smile
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by PIXEL PIXEL wrote:

Shouldn't it be "Cliffs, Curves and Cacti"? (plural, plural, plural?) ;)

Mama didn't raise no fool.  I went old school and looked up (hard copy) the correct plural in the Random House Dictionary of the English Language Second Edition Unabridged and found the plural of cactus is Cacti , catuses or cactus. I opted for Cactus because if flowed better.

Thank you for the input and yes I thought cacti was plural but so are the others. 

Karin
Karin & Karen

PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/11 at 6:45am
Well I'll be darned! Yeah, it does sound better your way. :)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/11 at 3:50pm
Got a couple reservations made -- couldn't get through to Crescent City.  Tsunami related?
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
kyounger View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyounger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/11 at 1:54pm

Hi everyone,

This is Keith Younger, a member of the PDX Mini club, and I have decided to join your group driving down the coast.  I've already registered for the event and the hotel in Las Vegas, and will take care of the stops in Crescent City, etc.,within the next few days.
I'm looking forward to meeting your group.

For the return trip, I am not real thrilled at the idea of two solid days of freeway / major highway driving.  I have sort-of decided to take a different route, instead of through Boise, for the return to Portland:

(1) From Las Vegas, backtrack the route we will use from Yosemite southbound, and reach someplace around Lake Tahoe or Carson City that evening.
(2) The next day, drive Cailfornia Highway 70 through the Feather River Canyon.  It's very scenic and the road is twisty enough to be interesting. 
(3) Highway 70 gets us to the town of Chico, and it's just a short hop over to I-5, and a fairly easy rest-of-the-day back to Portland.  I realize Puget Sound is another two or three hours.

Is anyone interested in joining me on this?

Thanks,
Keith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>