Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Service Discussions and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another NWMINI disappointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another NWMINI disappointment
    Posted: July/17/11 at 10:09am
I had an appointment yesterday (take note of the word "appointment") to get an alignment done. Showed up at 11:00, the time of my "appointment," to be told that my car won't be done until around 3:00 because BMW was using the alignment machine that NWMINI shares with them. Granted, he gave me a loaner car but still I had to drive back and forth from NWMINI several times which took a couple hours out of my day! My car was not ready to be picked up until 4:30! When I asked about the fact that I had an appointment but my car wasn't going to be done then, the implication was that they don't coordinate scheduling with BMW so did not know that they were going to be using the machine that morning. I said it would have been nice to know this and I would have just brought my car in later! He brought up the fact that he gave me a loaner like that was supposed to make it okay. NOT! So if you make an "appointment" with NWMINI don't expect your car to be done then! (I tried to get an appointment with Seattle MINI but they were booked up.)
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/11 at 10:46am
A "Shared" alignment machine??!!!!  That really shows the identity of the Big Dog in the garage, BMW....

SadThumbs Down

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Slyderone View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyderone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/11 at 9:07pm

Last year went to the tech session at Mini NW they went over all kinds of information they even had the guy from the company where they get the alignment equipment from.  He talked about how important it was for our cars to have a proper alignment.  He also said that Firestone shops use the same alignment equipment as Mini.  So when I needed to get aligned I called Mini and yes it is difficult to get in and the price was up there so I called Firestone and they were about half the price and for the same price as the dealer I could get a lifetime alignment.  I called on Saturday and had and appointment on Monday it did take some time in the shop my guess it they don’t do that many Minis but the car is driving down the road straight and any time I feel something is out or if I just want to have it checked all I have to do is take it in.  Oh as of four months ago East Hill Kent had newer equipment than NW Mini. 

John 05 MCSC: Alta CAI, 15%, JCW Head and Injectors, RMW Street Cam, Jan Tune
(SLYDER1 plates)

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar…"       
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/11 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Slyderone Slyderone wrote:

He also said that Firestone shops use the same alignment equipment as Mini. 

Firestone, they were about half the price and for the same price as the dealer I could get a lifetime alignment.  

Oh as of four months ago East Hill Kent had newer equipment than NW Mini. 

All good information!  I was @ that Tech Session and I missed the connection to Firestone equipment.

I will check our local Firestone shops.

Thanks!

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 1:22pm
I stopped by there a week ago to find out how to replace a fuse on my two month old Countryman (cigarette lighter fuse had blown).  Not only did I have to wait 40 minutes to have someone help me (no, I did not have an appointment, but REALLY???), but they were going to charge me over $4.00 for the fuse & I had to self-install.  I ended up at O'Reiley's and got 5 for less than the cost of 1!!!!!

We had a similiar situation on the Clubman about 6 months ago (maintenance program was already passed).  Stopped by Seattle MINI that time.  Not only did they come right out, they admitted that it was difficult to decifer the pictures for the proper fuse, and they installed a fuse free of charge.

Now tell me, who has the right idea on Customer Service?  Even without considering all the other great service at Seattle MINI, who would I go to the next time for service issues????  DUH!  No contest!

Hard to believe that both of these dealerships are owned by the same person.  I guess it does pay to get the right management.  Richard and his team ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I need to find a way to get Brad, Motoring Advisor at NW MINI, to transfer to Seattle MINI.  Then it would be perfect.  I've had great experiences with the salesmen at Seattle MINI, but Brad is THE BEST!)

Edited by Vader - July/19/11 at 1:24pm
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 1:59pm
I know! I tried to get into Seattle MINI but they were booked and I had to get it done then before heading out on the MITM road trip. Grrrrr
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 2:52pm
This is sad to hear. Maybe someone should kindly clue in the owner before NW MINI's reputation becomes irreversible.
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/11 at 10:59pm
I have no complaints about the salespeople at NW MINI (ours is very decent) but after reading this thread, I don't think we'll be going there for service any time soon.

Seattle MINI's closer anyway.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/11 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Vader Vader wrote:

(I need to find a way to get Brad, Motoring Advisor at NW MINI, to transfer to Seattle MINI.  Then it would be perfect.  I've had great experiences with the salesmen at Seattle MINI, but Brad is THE BEST!)

Not until we finish up our coupe with Brad. Then you can have him I guess.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/11 at 8:23pm
I have had too many good experiences with NW MINI service to list. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who have also had many good experiences there too. Unfortunately, it our nature to comment only when things go wrong.
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 5:10am
I have had both experiences, good & bad, there at NW Mini and would rate them as being just like any other Dealership, MINI, GM, Honda, etc.

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 10:40am
I guess my problem is that I keep remembering back to 2004 when I got my first MINI when there weren't as many around and comparing things to then. A person was really treated special back then and I kind of miss that! I have had some good experiences at NWMINI it's just that I've had Seattle MINI bend over backwards to take care of me when NWMINI wouldn't.
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 11:00am
You definitely have a right to be upset with them. My only concern is that some folks might condemn the the whole service department based on a few bad experiences. I work in a service industry and I'd like to say that I am on my game all the time, but I occasionally have off days, and sometimes it's due to circumstances beyond my control. I try to keep that in mind when I have a bad experience.
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 11:03am
I get a similar feeling at Seattle mini, although they did back my 1 month old Mini into a pole and had to replace the bumper coverShocked.  They did go out of their way to make it right for me and fixed something that they did NOT break and did so for free!

It is an individual Dealership thing.

I had great service driving my Uncle's Toyota Avalon both in the Bay area and up here and I wish Mini could provide that level of service for their products.

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

Originally posted by Vader Vader wrote:

Not until we finish up our coupe with Brad. Then you can have him I guess.

That is awesome that Brad is your MA ... we think the world of him.
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
 Post Reply Post Reply