Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedauroramatt & LilBleu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: auroramatt & LilBleu
    Posted: March/08/05 at 3:05pm
We are Matt & Abbie (auroramatt & LilBleu) and Nellie is our 05 MCS EB/W. I also have a Jalapeņo Green Ford Ranger we call Holly. Since it is a unique and bright green, we were already prepared for the extra attention the Mini attracts.

We bought our Mini in New Jersey while visiting the east coast for a friend's wedding. We had already been on the list for 9 months at Northwest Mini with another 9 months to wait. The option of driving a new 2005 Mini off the lot with the color and options we wanted was too good to pass up. So we canceled our return trip tickets and drove our new Mini over 3,000 miles home in four and half days.

http://on.miniusa.com/resume.jsp?user=100007156

Matt, Abbie, Parker & Maggie

2005 MCS EB/W - LILBLEU

When a Mini whines, it's a good thing!
RevKibosh View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/05 at 11:07pm
wow.  that is a lot of motoring in 5 months.
2004 BRG MCS - Gone

--Grant and Kylee
auroramatt View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/05 at 3:01pm
We are planning a long road trip this summer to attend two weddings a week apart on each coast (Florida and California). We plan on driving through Jackson Hole, Flaming Gorge, Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap and nearby Cherohala Skyway (Byway). In addition to driving, we plan on spending several days in Nashville, TN, St. Augustine, FL, New Orleans, LA, and Orange County, CA. We'll add between 7,500 to 8,000 miles to the odometer by the end of the trip.

If it wasn't obvious already, I enjoy driving with the open road ahead of me! In the first six months I owned my Ford Ranger I drove 25,000 miles which included a graduation, wedding, and moving between Texas, California, and Washington. Just before buying the Mini I turned over 100,000 miles on the original tires. This doesn't include any work commuting miles as I bike an average of 100 miles a month and take the bus and ferry to work. That's enough about the pickup since this site is all about Minis.

2005 MCS EB/W - LILBLEU

prs1 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/05 at 11:11am

Ifyou want to try one more the Bear Tooth HWY is one to try. Exit Yellowstone via the NE gate and enjoy. http://www.byways.org/browse/byways/2134/

Really worth a look!!!!

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/05 at 11:51am

We've been over Beartooth Pass but not in a MINI.  It is quite a drive and breathtaking to boot.  Charles Kuralt said that it was the most beautiful drive in the country.

It's a doozer in more ways than one.

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/05 at 3:18am

You guys are right, the NE entrance IS the way to come out of Yellowstone, but take if from a native Wyoming-ite, take a right on 296 and head towards Cody.  Now that is a road made for the mini!!!  Did it last nummer, at dusk and will never forget it. 

You will end up in northern wyoming, which might or might not be the direction you are heading, but if so, you will also run upon what the locals call the "oh my god highway" which is a short stretch of mountain on highway 14A that will test your nerve and driving ability.  For the weak of heart there is regular highway 14, through Shell canyon, which will mearly test your driving skills.  Bring the camera.

Have fun!!!  pst

joelmyer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/05 at 9:00am

Greetings,

My wife and I drove the "oh my god highway" three years ago MizzP. We noted two cars parked on the south side of the peak with smoking brakes. I was glad we were going up that stretch...the other side was much easier to take!

Joel Myer
Tumwater, WA

Zeppo is an Astro Black/W MINI Cooper. CVT, sport package, sport exhaust, chrome line exterior, fog lights f/b, chrome line interior.
auroramatt View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/05 at 3:24pm
Another great Mini road! I am considering how I can squeeze this into our trip and think it may be possible. I have wanted to explore that area of Wyoming with all the beautiful scenery, parks, and mountain passes. My dad spent several years growing up in Wyoming and worked on a ranch just across the border in Montana.

I have had experience losing my brakes in a 1989 Chevy Nova loaded with my college belongings while headed down into Death Valley. After stopping the car with the hand brake I waited for everything to cool down and babied the car back to Orange County. The mechanic could not find a problem until a year later when we discovered that brake fluid would occasional leak onto the front brake pads causing reduced braking, burning smells, or smoke. It was a great car that I got at 186,000 miles and put another 115,000 miles in 4 years (just 3,000 miles short of 300,000 miles) before numerous problems caused me to buy my pickup.

2005 MCS EB/W - LILBLEU

Post Reply Post Reply