Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeanyBaby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BeanyBaby
    Posted: March/21/08 at 2:47pm
I have kind of introduced myself on the Haulin' Ash thread, but I will do it proper here!  My name is Anna and last July 21 I went to Costco with my mother to buy the last Harry Potter book, and well, came home with a MINI as well!  I had been looking for about a year, and this one just sort of fell into my lap!  So I drove the MINI home and mom drove the 4Runner home!  I used to collect Beany Babies, (a huge giant box of them somewhere!), and this just reminds me of one, so hence the name!  I even have a cat named Beanies!  He loves the car too!  Likes to lay on top and sunbathe!  He only weighs 15 pounds!  Not the beany baby I thought he would be!!!!  I digress... in a past life I was (a very former) secretary of the Northwest Alfa Romeo Owner's Club, and we had a blast.  The poor car is wasting away in the driveway waiting for me to become rich and not famous.  It is a 1967 Guilia Sprint GT Veloce, one of ~14,500 made.  We did Solo I time trials at SIR with the Ferrari club all the time, and did several Rallyes and drives to many places, even to Vancouver BC for an over night with a winery tour the next day.  Many good memories.  I know I will enjoy more with this group.  You all sound great!  I always consider it a good day if I see another MINI, and today I saw 4 all in a 5-minute period on my way to work!  Mine of course was the dirtiest, as I drive 51 miles one way to work!  I am signed up for the Haulin' Ash tour with a friend, as my (in)significant other is not a social person!  You may never meet him, but oh well!  His loss!  I am trying to line up a friend for the Tulip Rallye.  We call Chuckanut Drive "chuck-a-cheese-burger" drive, but I love that road!  Loved it in the Alfa, will definitely love it in the MINI!!!!!  I injured my spine November 2005, and this car is more comfortable than my 4Runner to drive.  So, can't wait!  I live on the east side of the mountains, in Thorp, you may have seen the fruit market by the freeway!  Near Ellensburg, but with no neighbors!  Love it!  Deer, elk, eagles, hawks, every day.  Sorry for being so wordy, side effect from my pain meds!  See you all soon!
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
scoop View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/08 at 3:00pm
Whoo Hoo! Welcome to the club. What a great story. Make sure to check out all our events and don't be a stranger. Show us a picture, too!
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/08 at 5:10pm
Welcome Welcome! As you can tell from my Tag Name, I'm not to far from you! (just a trip thru Yakima Canyon)Big%20smile
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/08 at 6:27pm
Welcome will keep an eye out.
John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/08 at 11:48pm
Welcome to the club.

This group is very grounded and even the shy feel comfortable. Try to convince your other half that human contact can be fun!!

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
joe r View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 12:04am
Congrats & welcome to the forum.

joe r
04 R53PureSilver|Aero kit|Dinan Stage5|Dinan Boost upgrade|Dinan intake|Dinan throttle body|Invidia exhaust|Dinan rear sway bar|H&R coilovers|Alta rear control arms|M7 STP & BBS R90 wheels..

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 12:18am
Yeah!  Another purple convertible!  Welcome.
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 12:31am
Welcome, Anna!  Looking forward to seeing you on some of the runs.  The Tulip Rallye is some of the best fun on 4 wheels - just pick a compatible navigator!
Linda
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
rippymcs View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:05am
Welcome, Anna. I'm a noob myself and have yet to meet any one from the forum. I also have somewhat of a back problem--mild case scoliosis, and the MINI is in deed easy on my back. I would love to join the big group events, but since I work weekends, the best I can do is probably local meet-ups. Plus I prefer night driving; less cars on the road.
Roy
2008 R56 MCS - Laser Blue/White, LSD, DSC, Pacific Blue/Pacific Blue
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:14am

Sounds like we'll have to plan a night event sometime, then, rippymcs!  We did a night drive in Portland one year with the Portland Club as an activity with ABFM.  Went all around (mostly because people got lost), but ended up at a scenic park with a beautiful view of the city lights.  It was fun zipping around the little narrow curvy roads in the dark.

Linda
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
wdavidhicks View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

I went to Costco with my mother to buy the last Harry Potter book, and well, came home with a MINI

LOL  That happens to me all the time...

Welcome Anna!

It doesn't sound like you're a stranger to fun at all.

Sorry to hear about your injury.  I'm glad the MINI makes you feel better.  My MINI makes me feel better even when I feel okay to begin with!

Edited by wdavidhicks - March/22/08 at 1:34am

-Dave
Ulysses, Special Bone Stock Edition: 08/MCS/LB-W/Stripes/DSC/LSD/DPSR/PremPkg/SportSusp/Xenons
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:35am
Greetings!
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 8:26am

Welcome Anna ~

I will see you hopefully at the Tulip Rally... if you're not signed up for that one, I'll definitely see you on the Haulin Ash tour.  I'm really looking forward to an overnighter with a whole bunch of MINI enthusiasts.  WooHooSee you soon...

Brenda
"hapa"

Edited by hapa67 - March/22/08 at 8:27am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:49pm
A little about my injury - It was a freak accident.  My niece (now 16 years old) and I were trying to catch my unruly horse, my job was to just stand there with a flashlight, it was about 19 degrees and the wind was blowing hard.  The front pasture is a steep incline and it was like someone pulled a rug out from under me, and next thing I know I am on my back and rolling down the hill, slamming into the metal horsetank.  What hurt first was my hand that was holding the Maglite, three smashed finger tips!  Then I could not get up.  So she helped me up, we are laughing.  The climb back up was horrible.  I work in a pharmacy, and no one said what could have been wrong (that is what working for/with the wrong people is like) and so six weeks later get an xray to make sure nothing was broken, as it wasn't getting better it was getting worse, and I could hardly walk by 11am.  Nothing broken, go to regular doc and she sends me to a physiatrist (basically a rehab doc) and get every injection know to man in the spine.  Nothing helped.  14 months later I finally see a neurologist by begging my doc to refer me to one, and I am informed that if my whole body was injected with cortisone, it would not help my injury.  So after 3 MRIs, the prognosis is not good.  There is no fix.  It can get worse.  I will have "good days" and bad days, unfortunately there are a lot of bad ones.  So I enjoy the good ones and max them out!  I have two discs that "float", nerve damage, and tendon damage.  The last two are supposed to be able to fix themselves.  Time will tell.  So, walking is still difficult, but I can ride my bike, I am able to ski (carefully) and live on Vicodin when needed.  I am not addicted to it.  Not looking for sympathy here, just wanted to let you know the circumstances!  I enjoy wine and wine tasting, and have quite a store of my own collection, nothing expensive, just enjoyable wine!  I have been to just about every winery in the Rattlesnake Hills AVA, and I have been to L'Ecole in Walla Walla.  They have a great Semillon!  I was even going to sign up for the 4-year wine degree program at CWU, however, I changed jobs (thank God) and now work in Yakima, yes Tristan, that is me at the Abertsons parking lot!  Again, wordy, I apologize!  Looking forward to meeting everyone!  Thanks for the replys, they made my day!!!!!!!
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 1:58pm
Welcome!  Good group of folks here.  Hope to see you at an event soon.  Minis are great fun.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 2:07pm
Welcome Anna -

I think you will find that our concern for our fellow moterers in this group goes a lot deeper than just what kind of car you drive.  We really look forward to including you in some of our events and hope that we can draw on some of your knowledge of the area around Ellensburg to discover more of the back roads in that area.  Tristan has already helped with some great drives around Yakima.  Linda and I frequently travel to Richland to visit my Parents and love to take Blewett Pass and the Canyon - even though we're usually in the Highlander. 

Take care, see you on the Wine Tour!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Chili-S View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/08 at 3:23pm
Hi Anna,

Welcome to the club.  It sounds like you're going to enjoy this group.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to be on the wine tour or the Tulip rally this year, but I'm sure that we'll meet at another event in the future, especially since we schedule more runs on the dry side.  Are you planning on doing the East meets West run in June?  I wonder if you happen to know Ron Lotton from Olympia?  He also has an Alfa Guilia Sprint GT Veloce that he's had for years.
 Post Reply Post Reply