Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > North Sound Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better than a WAVE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopselt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Better than a WAVE!!!
    Posted: December/02/09 at 10:14am
So there I am this morning pulling into the little coffee shack at Terry's corner prior to leaving Camano Island. I pull in behind a brown (mocha??) clubman. I think to myself, wonder what they'd do if I went up and said hi? Well, it still being dark, and damn early, figured they wouldn't particularly like some guy they don't know walking up from behind them in the dark.

Well, It gets to be my turn for coffee, and I find that the lady driving the clubman bought my coffee!!!!

THANKS!!!
Barry
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/09 at 11:27am
Merry XMas!  That's pretty cool, whoever it was that bought your morning Cuppa Joe.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/09 at 1:04pm
Gotta love the Mini love!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/09 at 1:34pm
A very nice thing to do - MINI drivers are the nicest people! 

Nice time of the year to be extra curtious to others since the stress level for everybody tends to be elevated this time of the year - and it doesn't take much to give some one something to smile about.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/09 at 11:53pm
That is awesome!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/09 at 6:16am
Cool!  Thumbs%20Up
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/09 at 6:17am
Have any idea who the lady in the Clubman was?  I wonder if she's a PSMINI member...
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
GR8SCOT View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SCOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/09 at 1:56pm
Cool! A new PSMINI member ahead of me at Starbucks paid for my coffee at a gathering before the Griots clinic this year and it was so nice!
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison
coopselt View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopselt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/09 at 11:20am
That's why I put it out here as that's the only way I knew to say thanks!

Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

Have any idea who the lady in the Clubman was?  I wonder if she's a PSMINI member...
firehawk618 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/11 at 3:20pm
You're lucky it wasn't me in front of you.  I'd have told the barista that the car behind me is paying.  :0p  Just kidding

Post Reply Post Reply