Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blinking red light on turn signal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blinking red light on turn signal?
    Posted: December/30/11 at 8:45pm
Sorry if this has been asked before... I did search of the site but couldn't find anything for certain.

I have 2006 MINI S. I was just outside (night time) and noticed a flashing red light on the end of the turn indicator inside the MINI. When I unlock the car it stops.

I have had this vehicle since April of last year and get into it every weekday at 3 am in the morning (dark out then) and have never noticed this red light flashing before tonight.

I have looked through the owner's manual... a service manual... and done the Bing/Google internet search thing. I'm stumped. Is this blinking red light anything that I should be worrying about?

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Pat
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/11 at 10:46pm
I believe that shows the security system on

Edited by johnf36 - December/30/11 at 10:59pm
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 12:12am
John is correct. this is the factory car alarm signal indicating that the system is active.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 12:23am
Thanks Kurt I couldn't remember for sure, I believe we had talk about the different lights some where on here.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

flake View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 10:14am
Thanks for the info!

It is quite obvious I should probably wake up a bit more in the am before driving to work in my MINI! It only took me eight months to actually notice that blinking red light!

:)
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 11:16am
In your defense, I've been tired, and gone back to make sure I locked the car, and I've stood there a second before I see the light is blinking. It's got a little bit of an intermittent thing to it.
Nice to have the alarm system, although it does go off on the ferry . . . I've been summoned over the loud speaker to turn my MINI's alarm off.  Big smile

Pez D. Spencer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pez D. Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 12:29pm
Genie B, your car has an internal motion detector, your alarm may also  sound off if you park it with the windows open and its windy. When you lock your car, if you double click the lock button on your key fob, you will temporarily disable the motion detector but the rest of the alarm system is still activated. Do this when you park on the ferry. The motion detector will be live again the next time you lock the car.
I've told you a million times, I don't exagerate! Don't wear a bacon thong to the dog park!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/11 at 2:41pm
Pez, That is great information. I shouldn't even admit this, but I've ended up staying in my MINI on the ferry cause I didn't want to leave the car unlocked and I didn't want to lock and leave and have the alarm go off . . . didn't know they can work separately of each other. DUH!  Now, I'm free to get out and go look at the scenery. Thanks! Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply