Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCustom audio install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom audio install
    Posted: July/26/06 at 12:46pm

I've recently purchased a few pieces of high end car audio equipment (head unit, speakers, nav, etc.) and am finding it difficult to find an independant custom installer. I,m not really comfortable with car audio chains and the custom install shops want $75-105/hr and a week!   Is there no middle ground? Is there anyone who can lead me to someone who can do fiberglass enclosures and install and tweak high end components?

Thanks in advance,

MIke

QandElf View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/06 at 8:00am
I don't know if they are 'independent', but Mobile Radio in Silverdale does custom installs usually less than, say, Car Toys.  Since you're looking to do custom fibreglass enclosures and have them balance, or 'tweak', the system, you may have to bite the bullet and go with a chain for the neat little item called 'warranty'.
'04 MCS IB/W: MINIQue, Prem/Sport/Cold, QWERKS & Other Mods
'09 MCCLSa CR/B: TH1NG 5, Prem/Sport/Cold/Conv/All Audio. Mods? Wife says NO Moding her MINI!
NWMINI_IAN View Drop Down
MINI Advisor - NWMINI
MINI Advisor - NWMINI
MINI Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/06 at 10:16am
Originally posted by toolmichael toolmichael wrote:

I've recently purchased a few pieces of high end car audio equipment (head unit, speakers, nav, etc.) and am finding it difficult to find an independant custom installer. I,m not really comfortable with car audio chains and the custom install shops want $75-105/hr and a week!   Is there no middle ground? Is there anyone who can lead me to someone who can do fiberglass enclosures and install and tweak high end components?

Thanks in advance,

MIke

Go to Nick at magnolia in tacoma... He has done a bunch of really good high end custm stuff, for a few of us here at the dealership.  He is the ONLY installer I trust.  Yea he works for a "chain"  but he is one of the best in the biz.  Go in and talk directly to him, bypass the sales guys.

Edited by NWMINI_IAN - July/27/06 at 10:17am
Questions, Comments or Concerns For Northwest MINI Please Contact me... Ian @northwestmini.com Let's MOTOR
Mini_Zag View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/06 at 1:29pm
Anyone recommended in the Seattle area?
2005 MCSC DS/B, CravenSpeed 15% pulley, H-Sport Rear Sway, H-Sport Springs & Control Arms, Black Bonnet, 17" Miglia Wheels
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/06 at 2:10pm
not yet
 Post Reply Post Reply