Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Racing Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dakar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote It's-a-MINI! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 8:07pm
Not for the Weak AT Heart:  Pat

Edited by It's-a-MINI! - January/09/11 at 8:08pm

Bobbe & Pat

2010 JCW Interchange Yellow Convertible, all packages, Nav,lounge leather,rally lights,park control, Xenon,19mm sway bar.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 8:30pm
And then the wheels fell offShocked.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
It's-a-MINI! View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote It's-a-MINI! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 8:32pm
The BMW (I believe X5) crashed also.
Pat

Bobbe & Pat

2010 JCW Interchange Yellow Convertible, all packages, Nav,lounge leather,rally lights,park control, Xenon,19mm sway bar.

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 8:41pm
It's a total write-off.  Now they have to start from scratch again.  Looks like both of the left side spindles are broken and the engine looks like it got shoved around too.  Can't tell or see the right side but it is probably just as bad.  Notice, however, the cage is pretty much intact thankfully.  The Chilean sand must have the consistency of basalt!
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 10:56pm
Okay I converted this Page
The Dakar Rally is considered the most famous long-distance desert rally and the world. Motor sports fans from around the world with fever since 1978, when their heroes go on two or four wheels on New Year's morning on the average are approximately 10,000 km long marathon. Whether is launched in Europe or South America.

This year, the fan base has expanded with a new force: the MINI driver. It seems from the media success of this project surprised myself made it in the Trebur based X-raid Team to distribute not so fast pictures and info to the press, as they were devoured by fans. It should be just a test and actually use should the young Frenchman Guerlian Chicherit only collect more experience and work on his consistency on the way to the Rally-Raid driver tip. For this reason he was in that extra year veteran Michel Périn set aside up to 2009 was co-pilot from the current leader Carlos Sainz.
But unfortunately, all hopes of a top-ten finish just at the only rest day of the Dakar in 2011 were destroyed suddenly.
MINI ALL4 Racing X-Raid
Devastating end of a test drive

It was supposed to be only a small test drive, but it ended in disaster. A rollover ended Chicherit dream, to reach the marathon MINI a top placement. It seemed the goal within reach: After technical problems during stage 1, the team traveled with start number 305 of 78th place from ninth to No.
MINI ALL4 Racing X-Raid
Feels good in the sand clear: The X-raid All4 MINI Racing

A visibly disappointed team manager Sven Quandt said that it would team driver and front passenger technician also corresponded well. Chicherit lasted only a laceration. Also, the MINI went to no serious injuries, but at the brand new prototype the team is missing, to the all-wheel monster again to make roadworthy. Thus, the X-raid Ret All4 MINI Racing at mid-rally to the regret of his fans. Anyone who wants to lead again the images of the past 7 stages to heart: The bigblogg Flickr gallery currently has about 65 pictures. Rising.
http://www.bigblogg.com/archiv/2011/01/09/skuril-mini-x-raid-fallt-am-ruhetag-aus/#more-4920

And as the blog suggests you can find pictures here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigblogg/sets/72157625569455494/with/5333933977/

Actually it is not in bad shape.

Pat that would be team 309 and a X-3 cc BMW

Edited by johnf36 - January/09/11 at 11:04pm
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/11 at 11:20pm
It was probably doing a stunt like this: 

that caused the accident... 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/11 at 12:29am
Spot on Kurt I have been looking at this and readying all day and what I keep getting is they launched it and most likely and pitched polled they thing screwing off. I believe there is more going on here then we will ever know.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/11 at 5:51am
One of the best attributes of a good driver is good judgment.  These guys need to be looking for a job.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12