Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dealer add ons at NW MINI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealer add ons at NW MINI
    Posted: September/27/11 at 6:16pm
Okay, with the delivery day of our Cooper approaching here are some add ons from NW MINI to mull over.

3M Clear Bra: Price at NW MINI = $999. Price at Accutint = $699. No brainer.

Lojack: $899 at NW MINI. But the car will be insured with full coverage and MINIs are pretty hard to steal, and we live on Mercer Island which has a pretty low vehicle theft rate.

Northwest Protection Package: "Resistal Product with Paintguard, Leatherguard, and Fiberguard". Hmm. My 7 year old 3 series is a lifelong PNW car (purchased at BMW of Bellevue new) and the only issues it has are rock chips on the hood (fragile BMW paint) and a little wear on the driver's seat from normal use. The MINI has leatherette which will wear even better than leather and will be garaged. Thinking no on this one.

Various extended warranties: Well, one of the reasons we got the Cooper and not the S was for reliability. Think we'll pass on this one and just maintain the car better than MINI suggests (synthetic oil every 7.5k miles, transmission fluid every 3 yrs/30k miles, etc). Plus, my wife's Subaru has never been under warranty while we've owned it and neither has my BMW. If stuff fails on the cars, I either DIY or take them to independent shops.

Any further thoughts or other stuff that I should be considering?
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 6:20pm
I think you have it figured out just right.  Lotsa markup for the convenience factor.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 7:39pm
Accutint Bellevue and Accutint Seattle are PSMINI Club Sponsors and give a members discount To Paid PSMINI Members.  Support the club by joining and get a discount. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 8:43pm
I can't think of anything that you must get at the dealer other than a cool MINI T-shirt and coffee thermos to go with your new pocket racer. 

Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 10:06pm
I'm with Kurt.
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 5:48am
There is a decent price on Mini Oil, also the price on the JCW Tower Brace is pretty good.  Just install yourself.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 10:52am
What Pat said.  A side note: the leatherette can crack over time where the leather if keep conditioned does great, and the cloth just last.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 11:16am
J: 

Will the "Leatherette" crack if treated with vinyl protector?

S.

Edited by SMOG - October/10/11 at 7:02am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 11:40am
No, It won't crack, if you use a vinyl protectant, you have to feed it just like leather, just not as much. 

I've used 303 Protectant on my vinyl boat top and seats, they are 24 years old and still no cracks. 303 Protectant also doesn't make the seats slippery like Armorall.

West Marine carries it.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 11:59am
I like 303 and use it for all sorts of things from kayaks, drysuit gaskets, hot tub covers, etc.

Nice to know the MINI will like it too!!

swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

Accutint Bellevue and Accutint Seattle are PSMINI Club Sponsors and give a members discount To Paid PSMINI Members.  Support the club by joining and get a discount. 

Will do. I just added funds to my Paypal account. Once they come through (Paypal says 3 business days) I'll send my payment via Paypal.

Accutint appointment is scheduled for October 5th as my wife and I are taking the MINI over to Walla Walla for a friend's wedding on the 8th. If I send my payment in by October 3rd, can I still get the member discount at Accutint, or do I need to await the arrival of the membership packet?
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 10:07pm
Thanks for joining the club! - Your support is appreciated!
Which Accutint - Seattle or Bellevue?

(PM Sent)
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/11 at 9:29am
I got tint and clear bra done at Accutint in Bellevue.  They did a great job and treated me right.  I highly recommend them.
2011 Clubman S BRGII/Black roof & stripes: Convenience w/ Connected, Premium, Cold Weather, & Sport Packages
Ordered: 3/30, Brought home: 5/10
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/11 at 7:54pm
Sam,
I'll keep an eye out for your payment and send a note off to Accutint in Bellevue to let them know you're a new member so you'll get the discount!  Thanks for your support!
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/11 at 10:01pm
Thanks Beth. Will shoot an email over once I make the payment. 

'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

Post Reply Post Reply