Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hockey fans - in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockey fans - in here!
    Posted: May/06/13 at 9:30pm
We NEED to do a Playoff get together! Maybe a short afternoon cruise somewhere then to a hub for some rounds and Playoffs??

I'm loyal to Patrick Roy, retired or not - so -

Edited by no.9 - May/07/13 at 4:12pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 10:30pm
I'm a Flyers fan.

Secondly a Boston fan. When and where?
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 10:44pm
Hockey? That's indoor soccer on ice,right?
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 10:51pm
Lets go Red Wings!
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 1:05am
I'd love to do this asap, any night this week! Buffalo Wild Wings? Bostons? I'm looking for your input too, every time I set up shindigs they seem to bust....

Tuesday games - 5/7
Canadiens v. Senators and Penguins v. Islanders @ 4pm
Blackhawks v. Wild @ 6:30pm
Canucks v. Sharks @ 7pm

Wednesday - 5/8
Bruins v. Leafs @ 4pm
Capitals v. Rangers @ 4:30pm
Kings v. Blues @ 6pm
Wings v. Ducks @ 7pm

Thursday - 5/9
Sens v. Canadiens and Islanders v. Pens @ 4pm
Sharks v. Canucks @ 7pm

Friday - 5/10
Leafs v. Bruins @ 4pm
Rangers v. Caps @ 4:30pm
Ducks v. Wings @ 5pm
Blues v. Kings @ 7pm

TV coverage is 2-3 channels, should be no problem to see any game anywhere. I'm good for any game except the 4 & 4:30 games on wednesday, and Friday I'm going to check out a local car show/gtg in Lynnwood w/ Fizgig.

Edited by no.9 - May/09/13 at 4:12pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Kirby11 View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 8:43am
If people want to come into north Seattle, The Angry Beaver is a Canadian/hockey bar in the Greenwood neighborhood.  They have hockey on all the tvs, poutine on the menu, and Molson on tap.

http://www.phinneywood.com/2013/03/14/the-angry-beaver-a-haven-for-seattles-hockey-community/

I'd love to get in on this but I'm in Chicago for the rest of this week (hoping to go to Thursday's Hawks game).  Maybe Round 2?

-Steph, a (very worried) Canucks fan
2011 LB/W MCS "PINTSZE" (*SOLD*)
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 10:18am
I'm down with a drinking some beerz and yelling at the TV.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 11:49am
A Hockey bar!? Well, sounds like we found our place! Thanks Steph!

What games/times are everyone available for?
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 3:50pm
I'm heading to LA to visit mom this weekend - you can bet i'll be rooting for my STANLEY CUP CHAMPION LA Kings while i'm there.

Thanks for sharing the hockey bar - i'll be there to watch the boys go for the repeat!

Go Kings Go!

Edited by leogetz - May/07/13 at 3:55pm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 7:19pm
We have high school hockey playoffs this week so I'll have to take a pass unless Friday works. Fortunately the playoffs go on for several months.
Mitch & Teri
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 12:51pm
edit.

Edited by no.9 - May/08/13 at 6:19pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 1:02pm
Getting access denied page trying to edit my last post .... how about a 6pm meet @ the Ash Way Park & Ride, cruise to the Beaver for the 7pm game? Im going to check out this car show on Friday around 4 in Lynnwood.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 1:36pm
That would work for me, but can you cruise anywhere in Friday night traffic?  Where is the car show?  I might be up for the car show then staking out tables and watching earlier games.
Mitch & Teri
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 6:20pm
Ah, right. Traffic .. the car show is where the Hooters and Daverthumps bar used to be in Lynnwood, at 196th and 44th.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 7:07pm
I'm watch in the Rangers and Caps at the Rage Cage batting cages.AOL they have a 50" plasma anI supplies the fridge with some tasty red hook ipa i
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/13 at 9:42am
I have no idea if I can get to this but it's on the calendar so I don't forget. Might be at the P&R might just go to the Angry Beaver. Might also be good if some people do meet at the P&R to double-up. Does not look like a lot of parking options right near the Beaver.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/13 at 4:29pm
OK, so here it is. Trying to make everyones suggestions count.

I'll be at the Ash Way P&R at 3:15 and will leave from there at 3:30, using some backroads to get to 196th and 44th by ~4pm, if anyone wants to group up there first. I still want to go to the Angry Beaver, so I think around ~4:45 we could leave there to the Beav' and catch the last of the early games and the 7pm Blues v. Kings game.

We can always decide to stay around Lynnwood, I've heard the new replacement of Daverthump's is pretty nice and for a group I'm sure they'd flip on some Playoff Hockey. Friday traffic, yeah it can be brutal but going south is typically opposite of traffic flow ... so let's see tomorrow what we think. Clap

Edited by no.9 - May/09/13 at 4:39pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/13 at 4:39pm
I'm coming over from the eastside, and plan to just head to the "Beav" so I can catch all the Wings game and stake out some space for us. In honor of meeting at the "Beav" should I wear my Skunks Jersey or Fighting Squirrels? 
Mitch & Teri
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/13 at 7:27pm
I just watched Pitt put it to that one team.lol
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/13 at 8:43pm
Squirrels?!

Watching Chicago seal Round 1 ..
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/13 at 2:50pm
I'll be in the back corner (red star)  in ~30 min.

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/13 at 4:53pm
Alright, I found the Beav (and more importantly a parking spot). I opted for the fighting squirrels jersey to compliment the Angry Beaver. Hope others can join me.
Mitch & Teri
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/13 at 5:12pm
Little hope of me making this. I'm still working :(
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/13 at 5:13pm
The Angry Beaver, is a great hockey bar @85th and Greenwood.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 1:22pm
Who do you take for tonights games? Rangers @ Bruins, 4:30 and Sharks @ Kings, 7:00 Smile

Tomorrow looks like just Sens at Pens, at 4:30. Saturday has a 10am Wings at Hawks game and Kings @ Sharks at 6:00 - I'd like to go to the Beav again for the Sharks at 6, anyone else for Saturday?
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 4:23pm
Kings and the Rangers... I waiting for the Metropolitan's to return to Seattle!
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 6:24pm
A buddy of mine and I went to the "the beav" on Tuesday to watch game 1 of the kings v sharks series. Great find...can't be there tonight or this Saturday but let's keep this thread & the meet ups going as the playoffs continue.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 6:27pm
No problem... It's 2 blocks away!

minicommittee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicommittee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/13 at 8:27am
We love hockey...would rather see a hockey team get here before basketball even....

However, we are Sabres fans (seeing as how I grew up in Buffalo Wink ) We are out of town this weekend, but nice to see some other hockey fans here.
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/13 at 4:23pm
Bruins FAN Here!!!!!!

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>