Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > North Sound Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I got a wave!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I got a wave!!!
    Posted: May/06/13 at 10:21pm
I've had my Mini for 8mos and in that time I've honked, waved, thumbs upped, flashed lights etc...and not even one time has any Mini driver responded to me Cry  I was starting to lose faith in Mini drivers and beginning to believe that I was alone in the quest for Mini madness...when all of the sudden, from out of nowhere, as I pulling out of Costco in Smokey Point, there it was...a perfectly gorgeous blue convertible Mini in all her glory, staring right at Big Red and I, just across the intersection!! It was a stand off...what do I do? Do I wave? Do I flash lights? Do I honk? Sheer panic was setting in. Do I bother to do anything at all?

Then suddenly...without warning and to my amazement...I see FOUR arms, yes FOUR arms, waving at me with all the Mini madness one could expect...waving at me and Big Red. The pilot and co-pilot were anything but shy about their excitement in seeing a Mini staring back at them. It was all I could do to not get out of Big Red and run across the street and kiss them both!! I think I have bugs in my teeth now from all the smiling I did as I continued my drive home WooHooBowDown

My faith in Mini owners has been restored!!  
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 10:26pm
Excellent intro to the wave!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 10:18am
awesome!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 12:22pm
It's always exciting getting a return wave!  I get one every now and then. Keep waving!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 12:43pm
I'm going to have to take a drive up north just so Julz can have a very enthusiastic return wave!  I'm always looking for an "excuse" to drive the Mini somewhere....anywhere....any time....all the time.  Sometimes I just pull off the freeway when I am passing through Fife, just to wave at the people coming and going from Northwest Mini!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 2:05pm
And, do those NW MINI folks wave back?  Big smile
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 2:30pm
Well over half the people pulling in or out (while I am on my way to Costco) wave back.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

I'm going to have to take a drive up north just so Julz can have a very enthusiastic return wave!  I'm always looking for an "excuse" to drive the Mini somewhere....anywhere....any time....all the time.  

Wow, how awesome would that be!!??  

I too look for any reason to take Big Red out. I've put 300 miles on her over the past 4 days!! I took some great/funny pics of her today, I'll post in a bit. 
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/13 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

And, do those NW MINI folks wave back?  Big smile

Today I saw 4 Mini's on my lil adventure and all 4 waved!! Not quite as enthusiastically as I did, but I'll take it!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

EAR2EAR View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EAR2EAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 8:05am
So that was us you saw at Costco. Glad to surprise you and make your day. I'm glad I had washed the car the day before to make a good first impression. And kudos to you for waving and having the top open.
Coll and Sheila
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 8:11am
Originally posted by EAR2EAR EAR2EAR wrote:

So that was us you saw at Costco. Glad to surprise you and make your day.

It was such an awesome moment, you two are awesome! If the sun is shining I've got the top down, so much more fun that way!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

25percentbritish View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 25percentbritish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/13 at 11:28pm
Is you need to recharge you wave batteries, go visit Lopez Island, everyone waves to all motorists.
2003 Chili Red R50
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 7:48pm
I went to Wenatchee and back today via hwy 2 and I waved at a mini with flames, a gold mini, and a red and black mcs. My arm is tired

Edited by FIZGIG - May/16/13 at 7:55pm
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/13 at 8:03pm
Awesome!! I'm easily amused apparently, I just get so excited when I see a MINI on the road!

I seem to see the most MINI's at Costco!! Handed out two cards there today and saw two other MINI's on my way there. If ever I am in need of a MINI "fix", I just drive to Costco Approve
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

Post Reply Post Reply