Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Twists & Turns Rally (July 20) - Event Date: July/20/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 7:28pm
People joke about Prius but the Subarus and Buicks are far worse in my experience.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 7:40pm
I didn't get a confirmation from Catlvr....so ResQ176 and I decided we would meet up at the 7-11 at 96th and Pacific in Tacoma at 7 and then fly up 167 to 405 and see if we can catch Catlvr along the way....

We would love to have a third car join us. If we find the Cat-covered car on the way it will be four!

If you want to meet us there...take I-5 to exit 127...west on Hwy 512 towards Puyallup. Take the second exit (Pacific Ave). Turn left on Pacific to 96th. 7-11 on the left on the corner. It is easiest to turn at the light at 96 th and then into the lot. Mine is Laser Blue and checkered.

Would love to have you join us.

My cell us 253-217-9019.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 8:55pm
Sorry LeeAnn that was right at the bottom of the page so I must have clicked too quickly to the next page. We may be a little behind you. We are leaving Parkland at 7....will probably catch up to you about there that exit
Slyderone View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyderone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 8:58pm
Won't be able to make it missed two day's of work and still recovering. Sorry
John 05 MCSC: Alta CAI, 15%, JCW Head and Injectors, RMW Street Cam, Jan Tune
(SLYDER1 plates)

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar…"       
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

I didn't get a confirmation from Catlvr....so ResQ176 and I decided we would meet up at the 7-11 at 96th and Pacific in Tacoma at 7 and then fly up 167 to 405 and see if we can catch Catlvr along the way....

We would love to have a third car join us. If we find the Cat-covered car on the way it will be four!

If you want to meet us there...take I-5 to exit 127...west on Hwy 512 towards Puyallup. Take the second exit (Pacific Ave). Turn left on Pacific to 96th. 7-11 on the left on the corner. It is easiest to turn at the light at 96 th and then into the lot. Mine is Laser Blue and checkered.

Would love to have you join us.

My cell us 253-217-9019.

And mine is Dark Silver over Dark Silver tinted.
Tim S is going to meet us there at 07ish

My cell is 910-682-8891
08 DS/DS, Chrome in/out, Chrome mirrors, bad timing chain guide.
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Slyderone Slyderone wrote:

Won't be able to make it missed two day's of work and still recovering. Sorry

Bummer ... hope to see you next time!
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 10:58pm

Sorry LeeAnn that was right at the bottom of the page so I must have clicked too quickly to the next page. We may be a little behind you. We are leaving Parkland at 7....will probably catch up to you about there that exit

Okay, so I'm confused now. Will we meet at the park & ride or see if we come together on the way north on 167?
I guess that we will head north and hopefully come together with you on the way there.   
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/13 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by catlvr2 catlvr2 wrote:

Okay, so I'm confused now. Will we meet at the park & ride or see if we come together on the way north on 167?
I guess that we will head north and hopefully come together with you on the way there.   

Sorry for all the confusion...it's how I roll. (LOL)
I like that plan (continue north). We will leave Parkland at 7 and should catch you along 167. There will be three of us.
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 8:03am
If anybody is wondering where "frequent ralliers" Bruce and Stacie are, we are sitting this one out.  This is due to Stacie's work (making a baby, which makes it hard to sit in a car for hours on end with limited access to the loo) and my work, as I have to work a graveyard shift tonight (starting at 9:00 pm!) so I'm not even sure why I'm up right now.  Everybody enjoy the Rally and we'll probably start seeing you at events on the other side of the baby.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Mike & Cheryl View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike & Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 2:23pm
Thanks to everyone who worked to set this up. We had a great time.
2010 Pepper White, Blue Denim Top
"MINIBLU" Plates
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 3:02pm
Agreed. Had a blast. Thank you everyone!
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 3:21pm
My daughter and I had a blast!! Mother-Daughter duo ties Father-Son duo, for third. Boom!! Can't wait for next year!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 6:30pm
To everyone who set this up and all attendees, you all ROCK! This was our first event with the club and we had a BLAST!
Did not get to meet everyone on this one, but looking forward to the Sound to Summit Rally next to meet more of you!

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
Mike & Cheryl View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike & Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/13 at 7:54pm
Shiner It was great to meet you guys today. Hope you had a safe trip home. Great day to drive or ride the ferry.

Edited by Mike & Cheryl - July/20/13 at 7:57pm
2010 Pepper White, Blue Denim Top
"MINIBLU" Plates
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 8:25am
That was fun. Colby and I will be looking to improve our performance for next year.   

Great to see some familiar face and a bunch of new ones too.

Looking forward to Sound to Summit next month.
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 2:48pm
Thanks everyone who made it out yesterday, we enjoyed meeting you all.  It was great to see so many new faces in the club.  We hope you had as much fun as we did.

Here are the final compiled results for the rally.  Remember, lower scores are better.

Car #

Mileage

Mileage Score

Incorrect Answers

Final Score

Rank

Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 3:29pm
Thanks so much, Roy! That was a lot of fun again and I'm still surprised that we got 2nd place! Looks like there plenty of close ones. It was so great to see and meet so many new folks too.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 5:31pm
Woohoo! Last place! 
...My navigator was asleep for most of the drive, so I guess I can say that I got the 'first place' score for the 'solo' class? :-) 
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 8:54pm
Roy - can you post names - at least for the first 3 or 4 places?
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 9:13pm
1st Place: James Kasper & Elise Rillos (ResQ176)

2nd Place: Larry & Leanne Powell (catlvr2)

3rd Place: Bryan & Colby Lane (sixate)

4th Place (tied for 3rd by mileage and questions points, but edged out narrowly by time): Julie Hallan & Melanie Sterling (Julzmni)

Edited by Roy - July/22/13 at 12:36pm
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 9:24pm
Congratulations to all the participants and especially those who did so well!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/13 at 10:09pm
It looks weird to see it on paper like that. Still reeling over that announcement. A huge thank you to all who set everything up and volunteered their time. It was an absolute blast. Way more than I had expected, and I'm super stoked about the next one.
cferg View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cferg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/13 at 8:50am
Hello All,

Thanks for setting this event up, I had no idea how much planning & attention to detail went into something like this, what a "Great" job.....

Holli & I (our MINI riders, Isabella & Madeline too) had a lot of fun!!

We're looking forward to the next one & getting to know more of you better. Thanks again :-)

cferg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234