Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MTTS 2014 Route is Up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTTS 2014 Route is Up!
    Posted: September/16/13 at 7:25am
MTTS 2014 Route

Yeah! We will start the planning early next year to get us all down to San Fran together for the start. This is the biggest MINI party you can get in the US.

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/13 at 4:16pm
I'll get busy sending MINI USA Maps of Google links as to the location of Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA and Vancouver, BC.  It's clear that they are confused as to where these cities are located...

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/13 at 11:28pm
Honestly they did try. I don't know how hard they tried but they did try. They had 3 main areas of complaint... Florida, Texas, and the Puget Sound. Looks like Texas is well covered this time. Maybe we'll get ours in 2016?

I do plan on organizing a run to San Fran. Let's show some strength and show'em how it's done! The Alaska MINI Club will be joining us as well. We can explain their mistake in-person. I can't wait.
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 12:15pm
Count me in on this.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 2:04pm
We are in too! The only thing stopping us would be if don't win the lotto between now and then.   Keep you fingers crossed! :)
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 6:42pm
We are in!!!!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 8:50pm
Shooting for this. All depends if we can con some family to fly out to watch Zoe for a chunk of time...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/13 at 8:06am
we might be up for the legs from San Fran to Austin...or at least Albuquerque since our son Brian lives there now. Good excuse to visit and Austin has to mean one thing COTA!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/13 at 10:29am
This is happening for me this year....!!!!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/13 at 8:42am
after some more thought we might even try to do this coast to coast. It's been awhile since we have done an epic family road trip and now with the extra room in the Countryman we might go all the way. Only way we could do it though would be a one way trip and have the car shipped back. I think Ryan had mentioned checking on a group rate haul back if enough people were going all the way. If so...that would be awesome. So how many would go all the way if we had them hauled back? Ryan...any idea what a per/car rate might be on the hauler and number of cars we would need to make it reasonable?
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/13 at 9:59am
It'd be ~$1000 if you shipped it yourself. I'm working on bringing that down by a couple hundred bucks with a group rate. Have not done much work yet but will get on it in January.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/13 at 10:26am
August through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and the upper Midwest-East would be torture...

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/13 at 10:56am
Ryan...I was kind of figuring around $750 with a full load...if we can get somewhere around there...
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/14 at 9:31am
There was a bit of discussion on how to read the dates for MTTS that I wanted to share with you.

The dates on the map indicate an evening event and the night you are sleeping in that city. So, for example, there is a Reno event late evening on the 27th and you will check-in to the host hotel on the 27th and check-out on the 28th. That means if you plan to make it to Austin the event is on 8/1, check-in 8/1 with check-out 8/2.

Hope that helps. That's basically what happened last year but there was some confusion about when events started based on the dates. I have been told that every city has an evening event for those making the journey which would correspond with arriving into that city in-time to make the eventing event on the date on the map.
Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/14 at 6:20pm
I've got the dates blocked out. Coast to coast. Love the idea of a filling a truck for the return. We should organize something special for the trip to San Fran too. Ore coast? Redwoods? Wine country?
Mini-less for the time being.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11 CM S All4 Cosmic Blue. 32k
'08 MC 6spd Mellow Yellow. 112k
'09 MCSa Mellow Yellow. 43k
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/14 at 7:07pm

I'm planning to do the whole thing too!  I've already got the vacation approved and some friends have expressed interest in joining me on various legs of the journey.  I'd like to add my car into the "ship it back pool".

Gina

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/14 at 9:53pm
Has the specific route - especially thru Texas - been posted?
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

t3hwookiee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3hwookiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/14 at 2:09pm
We're planning on going! Taking the Corgis with us, as they love road trips, and I would feel guilty boarding them for that long. :)
2006 Hyper Blue Metallic Cabrio S, MINI May (Sold)

2013 Light White and Chili Red JCW Paceman, CinnaMINI
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/14 at 9:31am
I'm in for the trip to San Fran.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/14 at 1:12pm
Working on this.... at least to SF then to RENO ..then back home
of course I will have my trusty co-Pilot with me....
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/14 at 4:35pm
Steve, that's about as far as we are going too...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/14 at 11:03pm
Torn between going to Albuquerque or going to Reno then Vegas for some fun..
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/14 at 7:32am
sounds like we may have a pretty good gaggle of MINIs headed to San Fran and points beyond. Fun! :)
'80 Mini English White
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/14 at 7:57pm
Donna and Les are hoping to go all the way and ship Saphire home.
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/14 at 7:26pm
Vacation reserved at work, thinking of going to at least Wendover UT. What day are we thinking of heading out to SF.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/14 at 8:16pm
We are heading out on July 23rd...arrive San Fran on Friday and spend all day Saturday in San Fran then head with MTTS as far as Albuquerque before heading back

Edited by Wildfamily - March/27/14 at 7:45am
'80 Mini English White
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/14 at 7:17am
I am booked all the way to Albuquerque.... then off to visit family on the west coast!!
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/14 at 7:59am
Registration is open...

Do the club a big favor though... when you register it asks how you heard of MTTS. Please write in
     Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club

Thank you
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/14 at 8:07am
We're heading out on the Warm up run, July 23rd,will arrive in San Francisco on the 25th and going through to Albuquerque. Headed back hone via Arizona, where we'll be spending the night at our house there. Anyone heading back after Albuquerque is more than welcome to save the hotel fee and stay with us. We've got four bedrooms and two still available.
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/14 at 10:15am
Thanks for the offer Julie. We were going to take our time heading back through AZ but since we are staying a few extra days in NM we ill be hauling butt back home through Utah instead. Just registered this morning. Woot!
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>