Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble posting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble posting?
    Posted: December/17/13 at 8:59pm

We'll look into a "real" fix soon, but if you were upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 you may find you're unable to post new topics or reply to existing topics.  Since updates now happen in the background, you may have been upgraded without realizing it.  You can check by using the Alt key to bring up the menu bar, then click on Help >> About Internet Explorer.  The pop-up window will tell you what version you're running.

If you're experiencing this issue, try the following as a work-around:
Use the Alt key to bring up the menus in IE, then select Tools >> Compatibility View Settings.  In the "add website" dialog box, enter psmini.org (it may already be auto-filled for you), click Add, then Close.  Refresh the web page. 

Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/13 at 10:41pm
Is this why there is such a dearth of posts lately?  I thought maybe everyone moved!  Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 4:48am
Windows ie 11 not playing well with anything else? 

Didn't the government just ask Microsoft to help with the Health Care web site? 
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 11:41am
If you have a blacked out Mini you can use IE 11, otherwise....Chrome baby!

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 12:57pm
LOL
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 1:00pm
reason 12,347,692 not to use IE.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 3:57pm
The new psmini site does not work well with Safari for Mac as well (at least with my copy). I get permissions errors any time I try to post or reply to a private message. It seems to work better with Chrome, but that means I can't just click on web shortcuts; I have to copy/paste them into Chrome.

Yes, I cleared cookies and browser settings, no difference. This started at the same time as the additonal terms&conditions question when logging in. 

Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 8:34pm
Reason 12,347,693 not to use a Mac.....
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/13 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Escape Pod Escape Pod wrote:

Reason 12,347,693 not to use a Mac.....
Ha ha, very funny. (not)
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/13 at 12:11pm
I'm not having trouble with permissions that I know of, but I agree with CORNERS about the additional terms and questions - I have to change it from No to Yes everytime I log in or it snaps at me!  But, I'm alright with it, when I remember to do it.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/13 at 2:37pm
Genie, yes, the "accepting terms and conditions" radio button is set to "no" by default.  You have to change it every time when you log in, or you'll get an error.  This change happened when we upgraded the forum software, it wasn't something we turned on.  I have the same experience - at least 50% of the time I forget to select "yes" before logging on and get the error message and have to try again.  I'm hopeful eventually this old dog will learn the new trick...  Wink

Kurt, the permissions errors are generally an indication that you've lost your session status.  The software has functions to prevent Cross-site request forgery (XSFR) attacks and form hyjacks, so that if a forum member is using multiple devices or ways to connect at the same time this would cause the users form ID in their session to be overwritten causing issues like you mention.  It can also happen if you're using PSMINI in multiple tabs in a browsing session.  Others on the WebWiz users support forums have reported issues when using private browsing in Safari.  I'm wondering if any of this may explain the issues you're reporting.

Roy & Beth Morey
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/13 at 12:26am
I am getting the errors sometimes even immediately after logging back in to PSMINI. Something is definitely wrong because when I press the logout button, it is not logging me out. 

I am not using private browsing and not attempting to access PSMINI from more than one browser or device, so not sure about that one. But it seems to work just fine in Chrome, so I guess I'll just copy/paste any URLS over and open in Chrome... 
Perhaps Safari is doing some page prefetching operations that confuse Webwiz...

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/13 at 4:33am
It seems to work in Firefox.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/13 at 12:47pm
I don't have any problems using Safari on my mobile device.
Couldn't you modify your default browser in your email application so that it opens in Chrome instead of Safari?
Roy & Beth Morey
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/13 at 12:50pm
The mobile version of Safari is not the same as the desktop version. 

I use Safari as my default browser for a reason so I'll just deal with copying and pasting URLs for now. 

Post Reply Post Reply