Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Takes the Tulip Rallye - Event Date: April/19/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/14 at 4:10pm
Meet you all at Smoky Point!
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
G415 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/14 at 8:59am
Can't wait, hope the weather gets better in a few days. Our first event since joining in.
Gerry/ Sarah
rachelle View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 9:03am
I'm registered and will head south to meet at Smokey Point
Rachelle
-------------------
2004 Mini - Silver with Black stripes
Goldie Locks View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 9:40am
Count me in! 

It will be good to see a few familiar faces! CINIMIN & WOODSTOCK: you may remember me as the high school navigator for my mother's 2008 silver w/ black stripes for the overnight Gorge rallye ~4 years back. After that rallye I bought a mini of my own and got swept away with school and work. 

I thought it was time that I rejoin PS Mini! This will be my third showing at the Tulip Rallye and I have invited two rookies along for their first taste of a mini caravan / rallye.

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow morning!
corinmcblide View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corinmcblide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 10:25am
it's been a while but I'm in for this one. still need to register but I'll see y'all at the meeting point.
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 3:15pm

So glad so many are planning to be there - even at the last minute, we are glad to have you!!  The MINIs are always a hit and it makes for an impressive parade when we enter.

Don't forget food contributions for the food bank and make sure you have a full tank of gas before leaving on the rallye.

Tatiana:  We do indeed remember you!  We shared a very nice evening at dinner with you and your Mom and then had the deer jump over the car on the way back on the back road!  That was a little too exciting.  We'll look forward to seeing you again!

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by WOODSTOCK WOODSTOCK wrote:

So glad so many are planning to be there - even at the last minute, we are glad to have you!!  The MINIs are always a hit and it makes for an impressive parade when we enter.

Don't forget food contributions for the food bank and make sure you have a full tank of gas before leaving on the rallye.

Tatiana:  We do indeed remember you!  We shared a very nice evening at dinner with you and your Mom and then had the deer jump over the car on the way back on the back road!  That was a little too exciting.  We'll look forward to seeing you again!

What event was this?  One of the 26 different times we took the group to Stonehenge or something else? Anyway, a car full of sleepy, slightly sick Hart's will join you all at Smokey Point.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 8:03pm
valvashon, is the MINI healthy?

Edited by ipeverywhere - April/18/14 at 8:23pm
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 8:17pm
Bruce - that was one of the "Run To The Gorge" events put on by the British Car Club - back roads all the way to Hood River with an over night stay and a nice dinner.   
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 8:42pm
See everyone at Smokey Point.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ipeverywhere ipeverywhere wrote:

valvashon, is the MINI healthy?

ip- yes!  Haven't you been watching Kurt's series of videos on my car alone?

Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

Bruce - that was one of the "Run To The Gorge" events put on by the British Car Club - back roads all the way to Hood River with an over night stay and a nice dinner.

We planned to go on that one for our first club run, I think!  We decided to go with the Haulin' Ash Tour that year.  Sound like either one of them would have been a good starter!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/14 at 10:06pm
Sorry for the late reply, myself and my navigator will be there in the morning, see you then!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/14 at 5:41am
Good morning PSMINI, it's Tulip Time!

Remember, you can still register at the event. See everyone at Smokey Point Rest Stop. Don't forget your cameras for pictures and post a few here for all to see.

Let's Motor!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/14 at 9:49pm

Ok, so obviously having the Harts "sick and tired" didn't seem to phase them!!  Next time, we'll try tying one arm behind their backs!

What a team!  Congratulations to the Hart family who braved it through and won!  So proud to have them as members of PSMINI!

Special thanks and a job well done to Ashley for leading us in!

Despite the weather, we had a good time and enjoyed seeing so many of you again and meeting new people as well.  My team took an 'exploratory run' on some new routes which were not a part of the planned rallye, but fun nonetheless!  We had a blast and will be back next year!

Edited by WOODSTOCK - April/19/14 at 10:17pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/14 at 10:06pm
Congratulations to "Team WILD" - and everyone else actually.  Big thanks to all who made the traditional MINI Grand Entrance an ongoing and big part of the Tulip Rally.  Hope every one has as much fun as we did.

Edited by CINIMIN - April/20/14 at 9:59am
Jack -

MicheleG74 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicheleG74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 5:37am
We had a great time at our first Tulip Rallye!  Our hard luck story was that we ended up in Applebee's after, thinking we had enough time for an adult beverage before the awards.  Oops....guess not.  :) 

Loved seeing all of our cars cruising along the highway--we are a good looking group.  And I'm inspired to give Enzo a few more personality traits. :) 

Thanks again for a great day!

Michele and Kevin and "Enzo." 
Michele & Kevin
"Enzo": 2007 R56 S ~ Dark Silver Metallic ~ JCW Exhaust / Strut Brace / Tuning / Carbon Fiber Upgrades
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 9:10am
Congrats to Bruce and Stacie!!! I was a little bummed, again, to not be out amongst the tulpis, but understand that traffic can play a part on that. Regardless, was fun to see all the other MINIs and Minis out and about!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 9:34am

WAY TO GO, BRUCE & STACIE!!! WooHoo  We're PROUD to have you on the PSMINI Team!

THANK YOU to the MG Club for putting on this event each year! ClapBowDown 

AND to Our PSMINI Super Stars Star  for organizing our part.

Here are some snaps. Tongue

Our Fearless Leaders!

And lots of great looking MINIs wherever you looked!

Adorable!

It was Super Windy in the Tulip fields, and, also,

I was told twice by a motorcycle officer to "move along" or I'd be ticketed for stopping. Cry   

But I got some drive-by shots from the MINI window. Wink 

Edited by Genie B - April/20/14 at 9:37am
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 9:51am
In the interest of clearing up any confusion, here is a picture (courtesy of Ryan's Facepage post) of the real PSMINI Tulip Rallye winners:

The rallye masters awarded the Hart family the PSMINI trophy, but we were standing near the Wilds when the answers were revealed and realized that we both got a score of +60 (4 incorrect).  When we got our rallye sheets back, theirs had been scored a +58.  Independent reviewing revealed that the Rallye masters had made a math error as their rallye sheet had been "graded" correctly and simply had the number of errors added incorrectly.  Steve (BurnerS) and his friend (who's name I forget at the moment) also had a correctly graded rallye sheet and a score of +60, but had more miles and time than us.

Turning to the front page and the distance and time tiebreakers, the Wilds beat us by two miles and 30 minutes, making them the real winners.  We were happy to give the trophy to the real winners- it just wouldn't have felt right to win on a scoring error.

So to summarize, the Wilds took first, the Harts took second and Steve took third, all with the same score but separated by mileage and time.  Congratulations from the Harts to the other teams that essentially tied for first, especially Steve who has apparently been doing this for a very long time and who finally got what was essentially a winning score.

What we can learn from this is:

1-Time and distance do matter on rallyes like this.
2-It's never wrong to check the scoring and addition of the rallye masters.  Remember, they all drive and work on MGs and are subjected to a lot of toxic fluids and fumes on a daily basis.  There's no way this can improve their cognitive abilities.
3-They seem to now be working out of a fancy new red trailer with much sponsorship on it.  Perhaps PSMINI can sponsor some improved lighting.

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - April/20/14 at 11:05am
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 10:02am

Congratulations WILD BUNCH!!!  Good Show Steve!!!

Thanks for the superb pictures Genie B!!!

Thanks for the clarification and great sportsmanship Team Hart.  

Edited by CINIMIN - April/20/14 at 11:26am
Jack -

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 11:08am

Thanks, Jack! Tongue    (BTW: why aren't Ryan's photos here too???)

CONGRATULATIONS, TEAM WILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WooHoo (cute pic too!)

and to TEAM HART & TEAM STEVE, and to ALL of the WINNERS!  ClapClapClap 

Bruce, I loved your "What can we learn from this"  !!!  LOL

P.S.  I was wondering who should get the 'Long-distance" Award for PSMINI . . . was it "Dave's Not Here"????   Who came the farthest? Would be fun to know . . . Inquiring minds want to know, or just have too much time on their hands to think about stuff. Wink

Cheers!

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 4:17pm
Thank you everyone for coming out to Take the Tulips this year! It was smiles all around I'm so happy to have met so many new faces and see some of you that I've not seen, well, since the last Tulip Rally! Don't be a stranger and come out to more events!

I would have posted photos here but basically came home and slept. I was a very exhausted tuliper. Was up early this morning planning our next adventure which we will be announcing this week. The motoring just keeps on coming. Stay tuned for that. Until then, our next one is April 26th for the F56 launch. Then the next day we will be back at Seattle MINI for lunch and Bulldogs with Bulldog Haven NW. Our next drive (a follow the leader type rally) is May 3rd and our May dinner is May 7th in Federal Way. All event dates are on the Home Page.

Congratulations to the Hart family who won. And then congratulations to the Wild family who really won! It was very much a PSMINI heartfelt gesture to recognize the scoring error and relinquish the plaque. You're all big winners in my book! I look forward to seeing everyone really soon! Welcome to the motoring season.

.... ohhh and thanks for the pics everyone. They look great!

Edited by ipeverywhere - April/20/14 at 4:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12