Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Spring Drive & Clean @ Griot's Garage - Event Date: May/17/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PSMINI Spring Drive & Clean @ Griot's Garage
    Posted: April/22/14 at 9:59pm
PSMINI Spring Drive & Detail Demo

When: May 17th @ 10am

Where: Griot's Garage Tacoma

Drives to Event:  We’ll be leading two drives to this event, each arriving at Griot’s Garage in Tacoma.

Northbound to Tacoma
Start Location: Olympia Coffee Roasting Company in Olympia
Meet Time: 745am

Southbound to Tacoma
Start Location: Issaquah Coffee Company in Issaquah
Meet Time: 745am

Northbound Route Details
For those coming from the South end we will start our drive at OlympiaCoffee Roasters’ Capitol Blvd location. Meet at 745am, drivers meeting at 815am and depart promptly at 830am. This coffee shop offers excellent, made when you order drip coffee selections. They also offer espresso drinks & French style pastries. Please come early if you plan on getting coffee at this location. The “make it when you order” setup means it takes longer to get your order. The coffee shop knows we’re coming, but their focus is on the quality of the coffee, not the speed of delivery. But trust us, if you’re patient, it’s worth it!

This drive will take theback roads of Olympia. The route will take us onto I5 for a short time, before heading to Steilecoom, Lakewood and ultimately downtown Tacoma. It’s a short, but fun wake-up route that will get us to Griot’s Garage at approx. 10am. Route sheets will be provided.

Southbound Route Details
For those coming from the North end & Eastside we will start our drive at the Issaquah Coffee Co. in Issaquah’s Gilman Village. Meet at 745am ; drivers meeting at 815am and depart promptly at 830am. Issaquah Coffee Co. offers a variety of hand-craft coffees & teas as well as pastries. This is a small “mom & pop” location and a group of our size will mean some additional time to fill your orders. Also, the coffee shop has a single restroom available. Please arrive early and be patient.

This drive will take the back roads from Issaquah, and wind through Covington & Black Diamond. To avoid traffic near the Super Mall, the route will take us to SR18 in Auburn, before heading into downtown Tacoma. It’s a short, but fun wake-up route that will get us to Griot’s Garage at approx. 10am. Route sheets will be provided.

Griot’s Garage Event Details:
As motoring season arrives in the PNW, so doescar wash season! Looking for the 411 on how to clean & condition leather interior? Want a few tips on using a random orbital for polishing & waxing? Need to learn how to rid your MINI of those pesky micro-scratches or water spots? Or do you just want to learn the proper way to give your baby a good bath? If you answered yes to any of these questions this event is for you! If you answered no to any of these questions, this event is also for you!

On May 17th, Griot's Garage is hosting a PSMINI car care session at their flagship store in Tacoma. But first, since this is a PSMINI event, we’ll take the scenic route
from both the South & North ends of Puget Sound. Pick the meet point that works best for you. Or if you’d prefer, meet us at Griot’s. It doesn’t matter how you get there, what matters is that you get there!

From advanced detailing techniques to basic care instructions, a Griot’s pro will be on hand to answer your questions, perform live demos, and help demystify & simplify caring for your MINI. Griot’s will also have coffee and donuts available to nosh on.

Don’t forget to bring your club ID/badge as club members receive special discounts on everything in the store during this event. 

If all of the car care talk, shopping & MINI camaraderie leaves you hungry or thirsty, there’s a Sonic Drive-In nearby. Anyone interested in a burger, tater tots or a cherry lime-ade can head over to the drive in at about 115pm.

Please RSVP via this forum thread and indicate whether you’ll join the Northbound or Southbound drive.

What to bring:
     -You & your MINI
     -Griot's shopping list
     -Questions for the Griot's pros

If you’re doing a drive, also bring:
     -FRS Radio set to channel 7 sub-channel 21. We use the radios to stay coordinated on the drive.
     -Appropriate dress for the weather
     -Water and/or snacks for the drive
     -A full tank of gas in your MINI! 

**Special thanks to Jeff (Soda) Jeff, Sami (sammylynn), Leo (leogetz), and Ryan (ipeverywhere) for organizing and/or serving as Rally Masters for this event**

20 RSVP’s (updated 5/14)

OLY
     -sammylynn
     -ipeverywhere & taligator
     -HammyGirl
     -DneprDave
     -Sixate
     -G2G

ISSAQUAH
     -leogetz
     -sodajeff
     -BurnerS
     -Julzmini
     -NateNLisa

GRIOT'S
     -garumph
     -PeachyAllison
     -Shiner
     -FunSizeDriver
     -CHECKMATE
     -ginainbelltown
     -REDSHIFT
     -catlvr2
     -cindyc

Edited by leogetz - May/14/14 at 9:07pm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 8:39am
sounds like fun..... I am in
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 8:40am
And if you are already in Tacoma we can meet at Krispy Kreme, have a calorie bomb and then complete the 1.0 mile drive together!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

And if you are already in Tacoma we can meet at Krispy Kreme, have a calorie bomb and then complete the 1.0 mile drive together!

Great idea! Just know that Griot's will also be providing doughnuts for us, so save some room. Or don't and just keep some insulin handy.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 9:49am
I'm in!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 12:33pm
It is about time for a Griots visit. I'm in. I'll probably just meet people there since I'm closer to Griots than either drive start point.

Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
PeachyAlison View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeachyAlison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/14 at 3:59pm
I will meet you guys there.  It'll be my first PSMINI event, woohoo!  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/14 at 9:40pm
This would be a "Must Do" event for us - but it is on the same day as the first Fly-Day of the season for the Flying Heritage Collection ( http://www.painefield.com/198/Paine-Field-Aviation-Day ) and Linda and I will both be doing volunteer duty for the day.  Hope everyone enjoys the drive and visit to Griot's - don't forget your checkbook!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/14 at 11:57am
We will be there. Will meet you all at Griot's since we are coming from the West.

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
FunSizeDriver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/14 at 5:05pm
i'll see ya guys at Griot's
09' Chocolate MINI Clubman
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/14 at 8:52pm
Marked on my calendar, probably will do the drive from Issaquah.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
CHECKMATE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHECKMATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/14 at 3:32pm
I'm in.   I live in Tacoma just down the street from Griot's, so I'll see you there!!!
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/14 at 11:11am
I'll meet you guys at Griots
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/14 at 10:59pm
I'll meet up at Griots.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/14 at 1:35pm
If I wanted to join the Issaquah group as they pass through Covington where would be a good place?
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/14 at 7:41pm
I might be able to make this one if I can be back home by 230pm... 

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 8:25am
Originally posted by hip check hip check wrote:

If I wanted to join the Issaquah group as they pass through Covington where would be a good place?

Probably won't be easy to do as the drive is short and it changes roads a lot. In order to get around the Super Mall/Outlet thing in Auburn issue the group does get on WA-18 near Green Valley Rd. If you sit at that onramp you may catch the group. I would _highly_ recommend going to Issaquah though as all the really good roads are before that point. It's totally worth starting in Issaquah with the group and Issaquah Coffee has great coffee.
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 8:27am
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

I might be able to make this one if I can be back home by 230pm... 

Should be doable CORNERS. The demo is at 10 and runs about 90 minutes. The rest of us will be shopping for a few hours I'm sure ;)    
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 9:35am
I guess I'd better officially RSVP ;-)
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 9:41am
Hello PSMINI. You may have noticed we are trying something new/different with this one. We have organized 2 drives to the same event. One starts in Issaquah and the other starts in Olympia. So it matters not if you live north or south because PSMINI HAS YOU COVERED! Our north crew is healthy and are eager to get going. But where is our south crew? Come on south! Let's see those RSVPs. Both drives meet at 7:45, drivers meeting at 8:15, and motoring by 8:30. Both start locations have _excellent_ coffee so get there early. Let's Motor! Let's Spring Clean! See you there!

We really want the south portion to work as we look to include starting points and destinations further in that direction. But, it's really up to the members and participation is the key. So get your Sleater-Kinney CDs dusted off, oh did I mention the route takes us down Sleater-Kinney road, and join us for some excellent coffee and a great drive to Griot's. I'll see you Saturday!
HammyGirl View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 10:24am
I'll meet you guys in Olympia Sam.  I need some stuff at Griots so why not take the really long way!! See you in Olympia. 

Tiffany 
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 10:42am
Ok, I'll meet you guys in Olympia too.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
REDSHIFT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REDSHIFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 11:02am
I hope to join up at Griots. This will be the first ride with the 2014 F56!
Can't wait to show it off.
Son #2 has inherited the 2009. I'm sending him and wife the info. They live in Mill Creek. I hope they can go too.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 2:32pm
Since the whole idea being in the club is the driving....

I will be joining the run up from Olympia Saturday morning. So don't look for me at Krispy Kreme...I'll be somewhere between Olympia and Tacoma following the glowing smile of Sami and staying just ahead of Ryan!

Are there any other Tacoma people that want to run down to Olympia just to turn around and drive back?  I won't be going all the way on the freeway.  I haven't decided if it is just a detour off I-5 at Mounts Road and then cutting over Yelm Highway or going through Roy and Yelm and then onto Yelm Highway.  Either way is more fun than straight through on the Interstate.

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
tyguyinsea View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyguyinsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 7:10am
If it's not too late I would like to join the event! I think I would like to come from the south, since I'm basically in Tacoma as it is.
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 10:35am
Originally posted by tyguyinsea tyguyinsea wrote:

If it's not too late I would like to join the event! I think I would like to come from the south, since I'm basically in Tacoma as it is.

Not too late! We'll look for you at the Coffee Roasters in Olympia.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 1:39pm

I'll be meeting the new GF's sisters that day, so I'm out, depending on times .. <3

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
theadorkableone View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theadorkableone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 8:09pm
I'll be there!!!!! My first meet with my first mini!!!
AAA325iS View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAA325iS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 10:23pm
Count me in also! My first meet also and looking forward to meeting everyone. See you there!!!
1987 BMW E30 325is
2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/14 at 9:22am
Quick reminder!

Please let us know where you will be meeting us. Your options:
7:45AM Issaquah Coffee Company
7:45AM Olmpia Coffee Roasting
10:00AM Griot's Garage in Tacoma

We are a good size car club with a diverse group of MINIacs from all over the Northwest. We've tried to provide starting points that make the drives and event accessible to all. If you join us for coffee you'll be rewarded with a short, 1.5 hour, drive of some twisty roads and good scenery. Or, you can meet us directly at Griot's. Do please let us know where you are meeting us. It helps with the planning and organization of the drives and insures we print enough route sheets for everyone. Thank you very much for your support of PSMINI. We look forward to meeting and seeing everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>