Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6th Annual PSMINI Car Show - Event Date: August/17/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 6th Annual PSMINI Car Show
    Posted: June/04/14 at 1:55pm
PSMINI and Griot’s Garage Proudly Present....The 6th Annual PSMINI Car Show!

When: Sunday 8/17. Show Entrants should arrive no later than 830am. Show starts at 9am and will wrap up at around 2pm.

Where: This year’s show will be held at a new location. Our great sponsors at the Griot’s Garage – Flagship Store in Tacoma, WA will host the event. We’re very appreciative to the folks at Griot’s for their lead sponsorship & continued support of our club.

Local Lodging:
Coming from out of town for the show? Coming from sort of far but want that extra hour or two put the final touches on your Mini/MINI before the show? You're in luck, as we've partnered with the Red Lion in Tacoma to offer a special PSMINI room rate. King or Queen rooms will be available for $89 p/night plus tax. The rate also includes free continental breakfast, WIFI, and parking at the hotel. Call the hotel at 253-548-1212 or 800-733-5466, and tell them your part of the PSMINI Car Show group to make your reservations and take advantage of this great deal.

Car Show Badges & T-Shirts: Grill badges & t-shirts commemorating this years show are available via the pre-registration form. Make sure to get yours by marking the quantity & size you'd like on the registration form. Grill badges & shirts ordered via pre-registration will be available for pick up as you check-in for the car show. We will have a limited number of badges & shirts available at the PSMINI booth the day of the show.

Details: As the only MINI/Mini focused car show in the Northwest this show puts the spot light on meeting, interacting, and socializing with your fellow MINI enthusiasts! It’s important to point out that our car shows follow the “Not Normal” mantra. While we still call it a car show, it’s really a celebration of the MINI & Mini, and a gathering of the community who loves them. Whether you own a fully “modded” racer, a classic Mini, a Countryman, a bone stock “justa”, or a brand new MINI fresh off the lot, ALL MINIs are welcomed, nay, encouraged to enter their MINIs.

This years entry classes are:
Best MINI Cooper Hardtop
That's right! We are putting all the Coopers together in one class this year. This includes all of the hardtops from the very first off the line in 2002 to the brand new third generation 2014 models. Which Cooper is going to be the best looking Cooper now that the crowd has three generations to choose from.

Best MINI Cooper Convertible
Like to motor topless? This is class for you! All Cooper Convertibles in their own class and together at last.

Best MINI Coupe & Roadster
These special little 2-seaters are truly in a class of their own. Will the crowd prefer the topless 2-seater or the more aggressive looking hardtop 2-seater? Let's find out!

Best MINI Clubman, Countryman or Paceman
Got some extra room in your MINI? This class includes the Clubman, Countryman, and Paceman. We've got some very customized Clubmans in the club but it was a newborn Paceman that stole the show in this class last year by winning first place after only being on the road 1 week. Register your Paceman, Clubman, or Countryman and let's see which one is preferred in Tacoma.

Best Classic Mini
Got a Mini with NO BMW Parts? This is the class for you! This class for all generations of the Classic Mini. It doesn't get more original or iconic than this.

Best Special Edition MINI
Do you have one of the many special editions that MINI has offered over the years? We are talking packages like the Sidewalk Convertible, The 40th Anniversary Monte Carlo Rallye edition MC40, The Checkmate, The Park Lane, The Bayswater, Camden edition, The Bond Street, The Green Park, The Hyde Park, The Goodwood Rolls Royce edition, The GP, and there are many more! (whew) There are a lot of special edition MINIs out there and this year we are putting you front and center right on the lawn in your own category. (The John Cooper Works model is not a special edition, please register in one of the other classes). Not sure if you've got a special edition or can't decide if you'd rather register under one of the other classes? E-mail events@psmini.org and we will help you out.

We’ll also have a few fun categories to encourage creativity and allow you to show off the uniqueness that is your MINI/Mini:
Best in Show - Awarded to the best overall MINI or Mini at the show
Best "Mods" - Awarded for the best aesthetic and/or horsepower related modifications
Best "Bone-Stock" - Awarded for the best unaltered MINI or MINI at the show
Most "Not Normal" - Awarded to the vehicle/motorer best representing the MINI/Mini spirit

*All category & crowd favorites will be determined via ballot casting at the show.*

Food: Dante's Inferno Dogs will be at the show serving food, snacks & drinks at the show. They'll offer a wide variety of sausages & dogs. They have vegetarian options as well as 16 different toppings to choose from! Dante's will also have chips, sodas, & waters available for purchase.

Sponsors: Motoring Advisors from both Northwest and Seattle MINI dealers will be on hand to talk all things MINI! In addition, several club sponsors will be in attendance showcasing their products & services!

Prizes: We’re working with our sponsors on prizes & giveaway items. Come to the PSMINI booth at the show to purchase raffle tickets. We'll give those prizes away throughout the day, so check back often to see if you've won!

Tell a Friend! Help us spread the word about the show! Invite your friends, family, and close strangers. Let's make this the biggest MINI show ever! We've created a flyer to help you do that. This PDF can be printed on normal 11 1/2"x8 1/2" paper and cut to make four flyers. That's 4 flyers for every page printed and that's making good cents out of your printing dollar!

Volunteers Needed!
It takes a village to pull this type of event off, to that end, if you're willing/able to volunteer to help with the the car show please PM me via the fourm (leogetz).

Previous Year Info: 2013 2012 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who came out to the show this weekend!

Here are the results for each category:

Best in Show
Brian Slominski & his Classic Mini

Best MINI Cooper Hardtop
1st: Kurt Hammond
2nd: Kent Kanipe (all the way from Oregon!)
3rd: Martin Wild

Best MINI Clubman, Countryman or Paceman
1st: Steve Fleming
2nd: Anne Wild
3rd: Zach Thompson

Best MINI Coupe or Roadster
1st: Kevin Elter
2nd: Kuren Charles
3rd: Tim Strick

Best MINI Cooper Convertible/Cabrio
1st: Brian Fawcett
2nd: Gerry DeClaro
3rd: Adrian Doyle

Best MINI Special Edition
1st: Steve Baxter

Best Classic Mini
1st: Brian Slominski
2nd: Merv Hanna
3rd: Greg Birch

Edited by leogetz - August/18/14 at 9:27pm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/14 at 12:43pm
So I don't know which category to enter... Clubman S or the GP category???
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/14 at 1:09pm
Clubman GPS...that's it.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/14 at 10:45pm
The never lost clubman.

No matter what, im in.
I need to get some work done
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/14 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by BurnerS BurnerS wrote:

So I don't know which category to enter... Clubman S or the GP category???

You are Clubman.. based on your VIN.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/14 at 4:11pm
Since I am probably the closest to Griot's I will volunteer to help with the setup!

(Of course, if you pipe up that you are closer to it than I am, you have instantly and irrevocably volunteered to assist with the set-up.)
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/14 at 4:55pm

BUMMER!  The show is the same day as the '55-'57 annual Chevy show at the Triple X, which we signed up for months ago. I think this is the first time I'll miss the annual MINI show since I joined PSMINI - I am Bummed! Cry  Griot's should be a great location for ya'll.

Edited by Genie B - June/11/14 at 4:57pm
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 12:44pm
I have changed my VIN number now.. added #GPC to the end of it
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
amethystMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amethystMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 6:48pm
Following this thread, hope to make it!
Eat, Drink, and Motor, for tomorrow we die!
Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 7:32pm
OK, just finished figuring out our return route from MTTS and it puts us back into Washington State mid day on the 16th..... so, we will spend one more night "on the road" in Tacoma and attend the show on Sunday... then make our way home for the end of our epic motoring adventure! Can't think of a better way to end it, or better MINIacs to spend it with.

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 9:17pm
Would love to see a MINI with a few thousand miles of road grime in a car show!!!Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/14 at 12:03pm
A MINI like that won best in show at AMVIV one year!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
arkaytee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/14 at 9:31am
I'm in! Gotta get Radford spiffed up and ready to show off!
RADFORD HARRISON – ’11 Clubman S: wht silver + blk stripes ext; polar beige & brushed steel int; HK sound; NM Engineering strut brace; Hotchkiss sport sway bar; O.Z. wave wheels + Potenza RE-11A tires
Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/14 at 11:32am
I might actually be able to make this. Finally got Hello Punisher running stable. Just need to finish the rest of the services and get some new shoes for her. Unsure of the categories, unless they have a "Backyard Modded" section, I may not be showing.
Hello MINI Punisher!
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/14 at 6:59pm
I'm in looking forward to this.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/14 at 5:05pm
I plan on showing Pepper
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/14 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

Would love to see a MINI with a few thousand miles of road grime in a car show!!!Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Oh really ... LOL LOL
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/14 at 10:37am
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

I'll be coming back from MTTS right before the show. Just for you maybe I won't wash her before the show!
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/14 at 5:11pm
Mine would have been a very strong contender in this category - maybe a hands down winner, even - but today I'm writing to say I broke down and gave her a bath.  Sadly, I don't think there's time now to get another 30K in before the show.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/14 at 9:26pm
I'm in!

Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/14 at 2:57pm
UPDATED POST!

Take a look at the original post as it's been updated with all the details for the event.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/14 at 3:51pm
Registered... DONE!!!!!!
Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/14 at 4:08pm
Registered my new F56... now I just hope it gets here in time for the show! Tongue

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
Rob and Terri View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob and Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/14 at 4:18pm

Registration complete... looking forward to the event!

Rob

2017 Clubman S All4- Moonwalk grey w/pearl int. (Moonshadow). Previous MINIs: 2014 All Black F56 Justa . 2013 S Hardtop, 'KERMINI' - BRG/BRG w/Beige interior
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/14 at 7:10pm
All registered
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 7:55am
Wow, all the Hardtops in the same class? That's going to be a lot of competition. I can probably make this one. Is Brenda coming? If not, I'm in. :) 

Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 5:54pm
registered!
amethystMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amethystMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 8:02pm
Can we attend without entering the actual competition?  Not sure I can get Jojo in show-ready condition before then...
Eat, Drink, and Motor, for tomorrow we die!
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 11:04pm
I hope to see you all there... I'm coming off work that morning, so I'm not sure how much prepping time I'll have nor how tired I'll be. I've got family visiting from Hawaii. and of course we have a get-together the same day. I'm hoping I can squeeze it all in.Stern Smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
goddess View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/14 at 9:53am
We'll be entering Abbey in the "Bone-Stock" category. This will be our first one. Looking forward to it!!
Drive 
Ruby- 2012 Clubman, Chili Red. Plate "MINIR55"
Abbey- 2011 S Coupe, Eclipse Gray Metallic. Plate "DWNSIZD"
Dory- 2009 S Convertible, Lightening Blue Metallic, Plate "ACTLSZ"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>