Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual PSMINI Family Picnic - September 20th - Event Date: September/20/14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Annual PSMINI Family Picnic - September 20th
    Posted: September/09/14 at 5:01pm
2014 PSMINI Presents Our Annual Family Picnic

When: Saturday September 20th, 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM

Start: Thornton A Sullivan Park/Camp Patterson, 11405 W. Silver Lake Rd. Everett, WA 98208

End: Thornton A Sullivan Park/Camp Patterson, 11405 W. Silver Lake Rd. Everett, WA 98208

Cost: This event is free but it's also a potluck. Please bring an item(s) to share with everyone.

Details: It's time to relax, have some fun (yes, there will be games), get-together to talk MINI (or all those summer vacations you have been on!), and enjoy the last few Bulldog Days of Summer. Bring a folding chair, a food item to share, and get to know the club and its members a bit better. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, and paper goods/utensils provided by PSMINI. We ask you to please bring one or more to share of drinks, salads, desserts, chips, veggies, or that new recipe you have needed guinea pigs for.

We are at Thornton A Sullivan Park / Camp Patterson on Silver Lake again this year (and not because it is conveniently next door to your club VP's apartment ;). This location provides us with excellent amenities like an open camp charcoal grill, a large covered area with electricity, a prep-sink, private bathrooms, private parking, and a large covered area with park benches. Plus, with all this awesome summer weather, swimming opportunities are plentiful! More information about the park is here.

Notes about parking, when you turn into the park you'll come into the gravel parking area. Keep going straight though the gate at the back of the parking lot and onto the grassy area which is ours for the day. We will help you find your way in in the event you find yourselves lost!

Notes about getting there, The address isn't exactly where the park is but the link above has an arrow at the gate into our parking area. Here are some suggestions to make sure you can find us: Remember, we will have the big field up and to the left of the swimming area near the big parking area. You will find a gate off the parking area that we will mark so you can drive inside. If you are a party of two or more you can use the Park-n-Ride exit at 112th. It’s a left hand exit from I-5 both southbound and northbound. Go up the ramp to the light on 112th and then turn Left at the light and take the next right and you’ll come out right by the park.

What to bring:
- A smile and some good stories to share
- All your MINIs! (some of us have more than one)
- A chair, blanket, etc. to sit in the grass.
- Your camera/phone for some beautiful panoramic shots
- Some sunscreen
- Your sharable potluck item(s)
- A swimsuit (there is a swimming beach near our location) – weather permitting
- Not your dog :( see below
- Your PSMINI badge! We have lots of new members and this will help us identify each other!

Some Park Rules:
- No pets allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages.

Drives: Due to time constraints, no official route has been planned this year

Event Organizers: Once again, a very special and warm thank you goes out to Jack and Linda Grouell for securing our spot at the park again this year as well as your event organizers Ryan McClune, Ashley Poeppel, Brian Rushby, and Dave Chrisman.

As always, please use this forum to let us know you are coming and how many of your MINI friends you'll be bringing. See you there!

Attendees:
  • shasti212 + guest(Ashley)
  • The Wild Boys
  • NAVIGTR (Dave)
  • Punished
  • Jack and Linda Grouell-tentative
  • BURNER S (Steve)
  • Rob and Terri
  • Nice2BeHere (Sharon)
  • SAMSON (Brian and family)
  • valvashon (Bruce, Elliot, Hazel)-tentative
  • Saphire (Les)-tentative
  • Shiner (Steve and Sheryl)

Edited by shasti212 - September/19/14 at 5:43pm
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/14 at 5:15pm
Shoot!!! We have a Husky football game that day.... This will be the first one we've missed! Have a great time!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/14 at 6:53pm
Kids soccer matches every Saturday once we get into September, unfortunately won't be able to attend this year. Drat.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/14 at 8:48am
See you there. Me and the boys only (Anne has an out of town trip). Looking forward to it.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
NAVIGTR View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAVIGTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/14 at 1:13pm
Silver Lake is a great place for the PSMINI picnic. Bring your outdoor games to play!
NAVIGTR '13 Chili Red HT, Dave Chrisman can be spotted in Everett
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/14 at 9:35pm

Although family obligations and major home projects have kept us from participating in any of the PSMINI events this year - and have in fact kept us from being able to be actively involved in the Picnic planning, we will do our very best to be there. 

For those who have not joined in one of the previous picnic events, it is a great way to spend some time with the people from the club, enjoy some classic picnic food, and have a good time.  Hope to see lots of you there... 

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/14 at 8:19am
Food? Of course I'll be there.
Me +1

Edited by Punished - September/14/14 at 10:30pm
Hello MINI Punisher!
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/14 at 8:27pm
Update update!!!!

Still not sure about coming?

What if I told you there will be prizes for our picnic games?!

Bring your competitive streak as I will have a couple awesome motoring prizes to give to the winners of our game winners :)
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/14 at 10:35am
ooOOooo! And if the fun and prizes aren't enough. I'm going to be bringing my awesome home-made country potato salad. (Imitates Homer Simpson) mmmm, bacon... (Drool)
Hello MINI Punisher!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/14 at 12:05pm
We are going to try to be there and hope to see many of our old friends and new members!  Forecast is scheduled to be:

Sat Sep 20

Sunny

SUNNY and 73°  !!!!!

Plus, it sounds like there will be BACON involved  How can you not be there?

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/14 at 1:26pm
I broke my mini this morning. I will still be there. Just a different set of wheels.
Hello MINI Punisher!
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/14 at 5:04pm
Mmmm sounds delish! I hope your MINI is gonna be ok :( glad you will still make it!

BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/14 at 5:46pm
Yes I am coming
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/14 at 7:26pm
Bruce, Elliott and Hazel will be there, or at least we are planning on coming.  Stacie has a performance in Tacoma that day.  This plan is dependent on my front axles holding together- they are getting pretty noisy lately.  That will be my first project in the new garage!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 12:16am
Hope you will be able to join us!!!

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 11:58am
Jinx!Unhappy  Axles were knocking so bad this morning as I tried to drive to work that I had to turn around and steal Stacie's car.  The wheel was twitching and the front end was hopping up and down as well.  There's no way I could drive my car to Everett, and Stacie has a gig in Tacoma so her car will be in use.

So for those of you who are big fans of Hazel and Elliott, sorry.  I promise the Hart family will attend an event some time in the future.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Rob and Terri View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob and Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 6:01pm
Rob and Terri will be joining the merry-makers at the Annual Picnic.  Terri will have a contribution for the food table.
2017 Clubman S All4- Moonwalk grey w/pearl int. (Moonshadow). Previous MINIs: 2014 All Black F56 Justa . 2013 S Hardtop, 'KERMINI' - BRG/BRG w/Beige interior
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 7:28pm
What's green and has 15 wheel bolts?  Napoleon II!  This afternoon I found that my driver's side wheel was loose to the point that the head of one of the bolts broke off, which accounted for the noise and wheel hopping.  Jacked it up and tightened the other three and the car drives fine now.  This wheel always does that, so I'm just going to get four new bolts once I figure out how to get the broken stud out.

See you on Saturday unless Stacie nixes the kids riding in my car.

Bruce

Nice2BeHere View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nice2BeHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 7:59pm
I'm planning on coming, first event with the club!

Sharon
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 9:25pm
Your grill master + 2 are in...

NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 10:10pm
Hooray! This will be tons of fun. Sharon, we look forward to meeting you!

Bruce....whew!!! Hope we see your smiling faces!

Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/14 at 11:29pm
Les may be able to make, on a different pair of wheels.
Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/14 at 1:21pm
We will be there. Looks like great weather!

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
MacCaulFamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacCaulFamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/14 at 9:52am
We will be there! Our Saturday plans freed up so we can now make it! See you there.
2016 F55 4-Door Electric Blue "Dory"
2014 F56 Hardtop Volcanic Orange S "Nemo"
2013 R59 Roadster Pepper White S "Zipster"

Still loved...
2013 R60 CMs -Sherpa
2012 R60 CMs - Cosmo
2011 R56 - Pepper
Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/14 at 9:57am
Heading there now in our "Japanese Mini".
Hello MINI Punisher!
Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/14 at 1:30pm
Muhahahaha..

Never leave your club unattended
http://youtu.be/re2chCbdXsA
Hello MINI Punisher!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/14 at 7:40pm

Thanks one and all for a great picnic.  The weather turned out perfectly and it was good to see everyone again!

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/14 at 9:22am
I took more, but these are the only ones that have found their way from my iPhone to Photobucket:

Love the panoramic feature.  Sharp eyes will be able to pick out Hazel in the first one and even sharper eyes will be able to pick out her and Linda in the second one, as Linda returned from an errand just as I was taking these.

Bruce

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/14 at 1:47pm

Thanks for sharing, Bruce . . . looks like a great turnout and a beautiful day for the event.

Can't believe little Hazel is running around now . . . wow! time flies!

Cheers!

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/14 at 10:07am
Hazel is up and running.  I predict broken hearts (a string) and lots of parental gray hair.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
 Post Reply Post Reply