(SOLD) Kayak Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SOLD) Kayak Trailer
    Posted: September/20/14 at 5:46am
My health is forcing me to sell my kayak trailer; cannot paddle anymore....  The trailer is a Yakima Rack & Roll with the long tongue extension that can be put into it for carrying extra long kayaks, or anything else for that matter.  There is a Mod to the tongue that allows for a real padlock to be used to keep the tongue from being disconnected and the trailer stolen.

I had fabricated a bow rest for the tongue so long loads could be supported properly and the bow of a kayak would be firmly attached to something.

There are 2 sets of load bars, round and square, so you can use whatever ones you wife.  The square bars are Thule and the kayak cradles are Set and Go Thule cradles,, 2 sets of them.

The wiring has been modified to take a stop and tail light on the end of the kayaks.  It mounts on the boats and then easily stores or removes when not used.

The trailer is the 66 inch wide model.  It also has the optional spare tire.

It trails quietly behind the MINI and does not hop all over the place!

The trailer has always been stored in my garage when not in use.

$1500 and it is yoursSmile

Edited by SMOG - October/05/14 at 6:34pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply