Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the whole thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the whole thing
    Posted: October/18/14 at 7:00pm
Hello,
I am Tina.  This week I got a 2006 convertible Cooper S.  WooHooNeedless to say I am very excited!  Its my first Mini, my first convertible and I look forward to having lots of fun! 
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/14 at 7:08pm
Congratulations Tina!  Enjoy the rideBig smile
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/14 at 7:15pm
Thanks SMOG.  
Its also my first time in a forum.  Hope I get more comfy soon! Smile
brat s View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brat s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/14 at 8:17pm
Welcome
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/14 at 5:11am
Originally posted by minit minit wrote:

Thanks SMOG.  
Its also my first time in a forum.  Hope I get more comfy soon! Smile

I understand your hesitation.  Check out the Names with Faces Thread, I think that is what it is called, and you will be able to put weird Forum log-on names with real names and faces.  Also locations for those faces.

Most current photo of my myself and my wife, Stephen & Lee, on a MINI vacation last Spring.

And our MINI's

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/14 at 6:39pm
Congrats. 2006 was a great year for MINI. Tell us more about your car and share some pics!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Punished View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punished Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/14 at 9:51am
Welcome to the forum. I too am realitively new myself and will honestly tell you this group rocks. And yes, lets see those sexy car poses.
Hello MINI Punisher!
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/14 at 11:29am
Welcome. 
There is nothing new about me but, welcome to a great group of folks anyway.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/14 at 12:20pm
Did you notice there is a fifth "head" in your Mt. Rushmore photo?
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/14 at 2:45pm
Big Foot....

The fellow who took the photo for us was a French Canadian trucker who just rode his bicycle up here from a Rapid City truck stop!  Maybe he spotted it and included it in the photo just for grins?  I have a photo of Devils Tower from the same trip, maybe I should look more closely to those, Big Foot might be following us!

Edited by SMOG - October/20/14 at 2:48pm
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/14 at 1:02pm
OK, so this is the day I got her.  I will have more in the future, she is much prettier in the sunshine :) I hope this isn't too large a pic, I don't know how to change that.  I am sad I can't join and meet you this weekend, I will be out of town :(  But I definitely look forward to the time I do!
Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/14 at 1:04pm
So I guess I have to learn about pics.. sorry.  Will try again later :)

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/14 at 4:56pm

WELCOME! and CONGRATS on the MINI WooHoo I have a 2006 too (just a Cooper, but I Love Her). Please do try again on a pic - we'd love to look at your new toy.

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/14 at 8:42am
When you want to post pictures, click the last icon on the message box (the zigzag box with the arrow) to get the full editor, then click the "little tree" to Insert Image....but you aren't "there" yet.  You have to "Choose File" and then "Upload" and you are almost "there."  Last step is to click the picture in the "File Name" box and click "OK"

It's a lot of steps, but the picture is worth a thousand words.....
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
dailymischief View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Club Mom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailymischief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/14 at 2:36pm
Welcome to the group!

This is quite frankly one of the coolest group of people you will meet.  ... let's be honest, they all have MINI's so you know they are cool Wink

Looking forward to meeting you in person some day at a PSMINI event!
Deanna (aka dailymischief)
RIP F56 2014 Cooper S Pepper White - "Mr. Pepper"
R53 2006 Cooper S Purple Haze - "Darling Nikki"
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/14 at 4:32pm

"It's a lot of steps, but the picture is worth a thousand words....."

Or, in the case of Genie B's pictures, a hundred thousand words!

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/14 at 1:15pm

Thanks, Jack! You're a sweetie!

BTW, our vehicles seem to always be out of gas . . . we lie in wait of lower gas prices!

CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/14 at 9:52am
Indeed, 2006 was an outstanding year for MINIs!  Drool
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/14 at 11:33am
Oh thanks so much, I will try that soon!
Smile
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/14 at 10:14pm
Ok, I think I finally go this to work. That was tough.  Hope its in here this time Smile 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/14 at 4:26am
Congratulations!  It worked, AND there are lower gas prices, AND the sun came out!!!  The trifecta of events :-)

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/14 at 6:25pm
Hi Tina, Welcome to the group, what a great looking mini. I hope to meet you at an event.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
Redstarkid View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/14 at 2:33am
Welcome to the club.
Pippa-'04 Mini Cooper S in Pure Silver. Featuring an Alta 2.0 15% reduction Pully and 2% overdrive ATI Super Damper. Madness rear sway, Koni shocks, NGK plugs and wires, and polyurethane everything.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/14 at 11:06am
VERY NICE!  You look very Happy in your MINI!  WooHoo
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/15 at 1:00pm
Wow, been gone for  a bit.  Hope everyone had wonderful Holidays.  Can anyone tell me what is the best way to find out about events?  I want to start participating!  I will try to visit this site much more often!
Hope to meet soon!
Tina
 Post Reply Post Reply