Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gauging Interest: Krispy Kreme GTG?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauging Interest: Krispy Kreme GTG?
    Posted: January/02/15 at 12:28am
Just throwing this out there. My old VW club back in Michigan does a monthly GTG at the local Krispy Kreme, usually the first Sunday of the month. Just gauging interest right now, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of things happening in the MINI community, this may be a way for people to meet and talk about our shared passion over coffee and donuts. I am recommending the Krispy Kreme in Tacoma; due to it being pretty close to I-5 and having easy access, but if there is one in a more central location that'd be cool. 

I know this Sunday would be a little short notice, but would there be any interest in starting something like this? maybe in February, or maybe in the next couple weekends?
Lucille14 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucille14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/15 at 11:40am
I would be interested. Love a drive and doughnuts.
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/15 at 1:03pm
I'm game.  want to start meeting and participating.
Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/15 at 4:26pm
Donuts?  Did someone say donuts?  I am always interested in donuts!  Unless it is those little spare tires....then I rely on my patch kit and pump and am not interested...

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/15 at 12:17pm

Nice to see the southenders putting together runs, I have a sick child at home this week, so I am unable to make it down there... next time

thanks

New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
FunSizeDriver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/15 at 11:07pm
I'll do a meetup at Krispies. I would love to do runs but most of the ones here are really far for me. Krispy kremes is just in my backyard so i'm for sure down.
09' Chocolate MINI Clubman
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/15 at 5:39pm
Does anyone know a drive we could do leaving from here? I am not that familiar with the Tacoma area. 
2011 MCS
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/15 at 12:24am
i might be able to come up with something. the dupont area city center to ft lewis backroads to sunnyside to chambers golf course, then onto jackson ave and bridgeport to highway 16 to i-5 and onto krispies
amethystMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amethystMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/15 at 8:42am
While I'm not interested in donuts, I am interested in meetups! I'm itching for a drive and bummed that I missed yesterday's get together, will follow this thread for more info. Thanks for organizing!
Eat, Drink, and Motor, for tomorrow we die!
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/15 at 9:12am
If someone wants to take this over, I am headed back to basic training for a few months.
2011 MCS
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/15 at 12:40am
sounds like we'll need to arrange a Southsound meet before you go back to basic then
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/15 at 9:22pm
That sounds like a great idea.
2011 MCS
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/15 at 12:41am
everyone call out your available times and we'll get one started. put down likes so i can gauge interests for the drive and i will think of something. So far these are my available dates 2-12 2-13  2-18 2-19 2-24 2-25 3-2 3-3 3-8 3-9 etc etc. I have a 4 on 2 days off schedule FYI. My interests are micro breweries, golf: primarily golf range (to relieve that stress), Krispie kremes, and really anything that makes tacoma.. tacoma. I would like to get a south side following going; i do see a lot of minis on the road down here.  I did get my first wave today in about 2 months. -_- So hope to motor with you guys soon. Let's make this happen.
r53blue View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r53blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/15 at 7:57pm
i would be in for this 
shermster View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/15 at 3:34pm
I'm down! I know of a brew pub in Tacoma. Wingman brewery. Very cool place and you drink in the brew area.
I'm a gig harbor guy and love 7seas or the new Zog's on fox island is cool too.
WAS...2003 CPR/B MCS 6spd 15% more fun and the MSD sparkers
HotChocolate View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/15 at 9:30am
We're up for any meetups.
THEO: 2011 S Convertible Hot Chocolate
weejock View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weejock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/15 at 10:15am
Keep us informed on any outing, where ever it happens. Need stretch MINILVR every now and then! 🚕🇬🇧
Howie Ukulele
"Play From You Heart"
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/15 at 12:19pm
Longtime club member and drive organizer here who has not heard of the term "GTG"- can you parse that out for me?  Of course the operative word here is "donuts", but it would be good to know what GTG stands for as well.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
shermster View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/15 at 8:46pm
Get together?
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/15 at 10:06pm
Hey Bruce,

Next time ask your wife.

Sincerely,
Your Wife

PS - You're still my favorite person to GTG with.
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/15 at 10:44pm

LOL!

(Bruce, ask your wife)

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/15 at 8:27am
Bruce....Elliott probably knew too.   Hazel still calls them "play dates".
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 10:40pm
I happen to attend church on Sundays when I'm not working, but I'd be interested in a Saturday morning donut gathering. How about March 14th?
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 11:30pm
i would do a march 14th run and meet up.
shermster View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 12:49am
Yes, a date! 3-14 is good for me.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 4:29pm
Holy Hapa Haole!   Did Brenda really say she was going to come to an event?  I'm sure the last one was for margaritas bigger than our heads in Goldendale a year and a half ago.

I'll be there!

Edited by Sixate - February/26/15 at 8:41am
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/15 at 7:47pm
I can do 3-14! tell me where and whenThumbs Up
Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/15 at 8:30pm
who's leading the MINI madness? Where is everyones starting point? maybe i can suggest a route.  I'm kinda sorta excited for this.  Havent ran with Psmini since minis and mums and I still had my Chili red r53 "Lady in Red".
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/15 at 8:48am
Is this going to be a drive either starting or ending at Krispy Kreme or a gathering at Krispy Kreme to share time and calories with like-minded, car-crazy MINI people?  

When it said get together I was assuming it was everyone show up and have a donut...
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/15 at 10:03am
Oh yeah i think it is more of just a meet up at the donut spot. what time is the meet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>