Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South Sound Donut Meet II - Event Date: April/18/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: South Sound Donut Meet II
    Posted: March/22/15 at 11:02pm
Hey everybody,

We had such a fun time the last time we got together, and so many people suggested we try to make it a regular thing. So, let's try to meet up again. I'm hoping we can meet up Saturday, April 18th 2015 at 10 A.M.. I was thinking we would just meet up at the Krispy Creme again, unless anyone else has a suggestion. I actually don't know that area very well as I spend most of my time up north, so I'm super open to other recommendations. I figure anywhere between like Federal Way and greater Tacoma would be good, so more members of the PSmini community who often can't make it to meets up north can come out and enjoy their MINIs. I'll make updates and edits as we go, so let's hammer things out. For now the basic plan is Krispy Kreme In Tacoma on April 18, at 10 A.M. Last time we had six people make it, let's see if we can beat that!

Happy Motoring.

Edited by SodaJeff - March/31/15 at 7:21pm
Pippa-'04 Mini Cooper S in Pure Silver. Featuring an Alta 2.0 15% reduction Pully and 2% overdrive ATI Super Damper. Madness rear sway, Koni shocks, NGK plugs and wires, and polyurethane everything.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/15 at 8:31am
I knew I should have jumped in "sooner" and suggested April 11th.

Unless we want to meet in San Francisco...we fly out on the morning of the 18th.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Redstarkid View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/15 at 1:00pm
well, there's still time to change it.  I picked the 18th a bit arbitrarily. Does anyone else have preference, should we do the 11th rather than the 18th?
Pippa-'04 Mini Cooper S in Pure Silver. Featuring an Alta 2.0 15% reduction Pully and 2% overdrive ATI Super Damper. Madness rear sway, Koni shocks, NGK plugs and wires, and polyurethane everything.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/15 at 3:47pm
Something further north would be great someday.
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/15 at 3:15am
I couldn't agree more, Kurt. Both regions are just as inconvenient as the other for me, so I don't mind going either direction. It's all just more fun times behind the wheel of my Mini. I set this one up because of the good time we had last month, and the enthusiasm of people who drove in from Olympia and the like.

If no one else rushes to do so, maybe I'll set on up for the North end as well for a different date. I'll need more help finding a place that can play host to a gaggle of MINI's though. You'd think that after two years up here I'd know about more places, but I honestly don't. 
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/15 at 6:25am
How about Legendary Donuts in Covington?
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/15 at 1:18pm
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for a future meet!
MilitaryMiniS View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilitaryMiniS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/15 at 12:56pm
As long as its before the 22nd, I'll be around. I can't wait to meet whoever makes it out to wherever we go ;)
Soon2be1 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soon2be1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/15 at 7:53pm
MilitaryMiniS, are you on post?

Who is in the Army or Air Force here?
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/15 at 8:35pm
As of right now we are still doing Tacoma Krispy Kreme on 4/18/15 at 10:00. Looking forward to it.
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilitaryMiniS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/15 at 12:47am
I was on post. I bit the bullet after i got back from my last deployment and bought a house. For what it's worth too, I'm in the Army. 
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/15 at 11:36am
Hey I'm glad you guys were able to use my idea last month, hopefully this becomes a regular thing. I just found out I am being medically separated from the Army, tore my meniscus, and they found I have no cartilage left in my knee. I guess I took that chance after serving in the Navy. Anyway I am glad you guys liked they idea, and hopefully I will be able to make it to this one, but I might be in my other halfs Fiat 500 (my R56S is getting some interesting custom work done down at Tork Motor Works in Auburn, I'll update you guys on that when John tells me more), depending on how soon they fly me out of here.
2011 MCS
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/15 at 7:41pm
Looks like the PSmini leadership just set a second Mini donut meet up in Mill Creek at 9 a.m., the same day as this event. Hopefully that serves as a nice alternative for people who felt the drive to Tacoma was a little too much. I also hope that having two conflicting events doesn't put a damper on any one meet's attendance. Maybe some poor fool will be daring enough to try to go to both! Whatever gets the group together and having fun though, and donuts are always a plus!
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilitaryMiniS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/15 at 7:44pm
I'll most likely be going to this one.......it's closer for me ;)
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/15 at 7:20pm
We are equal opportunity for inconvenient.

We'll now have donut meets the 3rd Saturday of every month

We'll move them around. Already Planned:
Mill Creek (north)
Seatlle
Issaquah (east side)

Suggestions for Renton / Kent / Auburn?
We're making our way South!!!!
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
UnaClocke View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnaClocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/15 at 1:20pm
Added this to my calendar. I should be able to make it. :) See you guys then.
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/15 at 4:11pm
I'll try to make it if I am back in the area.
2011 MCS
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/15 at 1:25pm
Gonna have to miss the 18th. Bummer.  
Have a great time!

Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/15 at 2:54pm
Facebook event page for the gathering, feel free to spread that around to people who are either non members, or just don't make it to the forum often. : https://www.facebook.com/events/705186719590221/
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/15 at 7:33am
It looks like I am going to be able to make it! But I will probably not have my Mini.
2011 MCS
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/15 at 1:50pm
Really looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, hope everyone can still make it. If you know anyone not in our little club who wants to come out feel free to bring them along, friends and family are welcome. Even if your Mini can't make it, like RedBarnes was saying.

Our rough guest list hopefully including at least 8 people (plus guests)based on the facebook page I made. Feel free to update here if you can't make it after all.

See everyone at 10.

hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/15 at 2:31pm
Good turnout and great weather. Thanks for setting this up Crow.
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/15 at 9:49am
A big thank you to everyone who made it out! It was great to see some new people there, I look forward to chatting and having fun at future meet ups.

-Crow Truett
 Post Reply Post Reply