Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINIs and Mums - Event Date: May/02/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: MINIs and Mums
    Posted: March/29/15 at 4:06pm
UPDATE: The ferry system expects a busier weekend than normal. I'm moved the meet time 15 minutes earlier to help us beat some of that projected extra traffic

When: Saturday May 2nd.
Trying to catch 8:50 AM Ferry
7:15 Arrive
7:30 Drivers Meeting
7:45 Depart for Ferry

Start: PCC Market 9803 Edmonds Way in Edmonds WA. We have an alternate meet point if are not taking the ferry (see below).

End: Gorst WA where we will split off and head for home. For those headed back to Seattle the goal is to make the 5:30PM Bremerton ferry. Alternately, for those who want to head back north after lunch, a group will be going back to the Edmonds Ferry

Alternate Start: If you are not taking the ferry, be at The Grub Hut 11130 NE State Highway 104 Kingston WA 98346 parking lot by 9:00am. We will regroup after the ferry in this parking lot and put the whole group together there. The Grub Hut will not be open.

Details:
Spring is in the air! That means flowers, Mother’s Day, and our first day-trip of the season! It’s time to grab the sunglasses, hop in your MINI, and join us for a pre-mother’s day scenic adventure along Hood Canal.

This event promises a fun day of back-roads scenery with a few special stops – This trip is sure to delight those focused on driving, and those who just want to take in some of the spectacular beauty so close to home. You’ll want your cameras, and your mothers, on this one!

Stops, with time to browse and shop, include:
Port Gamble General Store - A whimsical destination for everything a general store should have including local candies, crafts, toys, and an extensive shell and crab collection! Don’t forget to get your picture taken with the Skate (or as I like to call it, the Sea Chupacabra).

Whitney Gardens - Seven acres at the foot of the Olympic mountains. Over 15,000 people visit the gardens every year to take in its beauty. The gardens started in the 1930's and specialize in Rhododendrons (the largest I've ever seen) – Hybrids and Species, Azaleas – Evergreen and Deciduous, coupled with many horticultural selections such as Maples, Magnolias, Conifers, Kalmias, Camellias, Perennials, Ground Covers, and Vines, along with scores of Shrubs and Trees. Everything will be in bloom while we are there. It's truly breathtaking. The nursery will also be open if you'd like to select a bit of beauty for your own home.

Rocky Falls – Just 3 miles up a nice twisty road, the Rocky Falls will remind you why Northwest Scenery is the most beautiful in the world. The falls are about 100 yards off the highway. We’ll hike up an easy path. This doesn’t take much effort, but it could be dirty, so bring appropriate shows.   

Hama Hama Oysters – For 5 generations this local stop has been serving up Hood Canals best oysters. If the weather is nice we may make this our lunch stop. Even if lunch isn’t an option we’ll stop to look around.   You may want to bring a small cooler so you can buy some fresh oysters to take home. And don’t forget the smoked salmon!!!

Alderbrook Lodge - A beautiful resort right on the canal. We'll have some time to relax and take-in the scenic views from this resort. They also make a truly epic Bloody Mary (just sayin’!)

Lunch! We will all be stopping together at a lunch spot. Specific location will be based on the weather and how many members will be joining us. At this time, we can guarantee it will be tasty. If the weather holds, there will be Oysters. If it doesn't hold, we'll be indoors (Model T Pub in Hoodsport or Alderbrook).

Cost: Ferry is 10.95 for car and driver (ask for the small-car discount) Additional $8 for your passenger. If you are taking the ferry out and back you’ll save a little by buying a round-trip fair in the AM. Whitney Gardens requests a $1 donation per person to walk their seven acre garden (that’s a steal of a deal).

What to Bring:
     -FRS Radio set to channel 7, sub-channel 21. Come early if you need to borrow or help setting your radio channels. We’ll use the radios to communicate turns & keep in touch during the drive.
     -A camera, there will be plenty of scenery worth capturing
     -Sunglasses, sunscreen, hats & comfortable shoes
     - or, if weather dictates, sweaters, jackets & umbrellas. This is the NW after all!
     -Water & snacks for the drive
     -Fare for the ferry and/or cash to donate at the garden
     -Friend, family, or adventurous navigator (not required for this drive, come solo if you like)
     -A full tank of gas in your MINI!

RSVP: Please RSVP by responding to this thread. Let us know if you are starting at PCC and taking the ferry with us or if you will meet us at The Grub Hut parking lot. That way, we will know to look for you. A accurate count for lunch will keep us on schedule.

Rally Masters: Jeff (SodaJeff) Waibel and Shari Allen

Edited by SodaJeff - May/01/15 at 10:10am
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/15 at 9:03pm
Count me in, last year was a blast! I will be driving up through from Bremerton and will meet you at The Grub Hiut. If others are taking the alternate route we can meet up somewhere down here and run up together.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Redstarkid View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 12:09am
I think we will try to get in on this! We may bug out a little early depending on how much our toddler enjoys the ride.
Pippa-'04 Mini Cooper S in Pure Silver. Featuring an Alta 2.0 15% reduction Pully and 2% overdrive ATI Super Damper. Madness rear sway, Koni shocks, NGK plugs and wires, and polyurethane everything.
GingerSpice View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerSpice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 12:20am
I'll be going and I'm excited; first mini meetup for me!  I'll join up in kingston, and I would love to borrow a radio if anyone has a spare ;-)
Tina
Ginger: Red 2010 MINI Hardtop
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 7:25am
So, does this mean a drive going south on the west side of the Hood Canal?? 

Great time of year to drive the West Sound.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 8:52am
we're going to try to make this, we'll confirm once we know for sure 

garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 9:39am
Pencil us in. We will probably head up through Bremerton with Brian.

Gordon & Shelly
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
FunSizeDriver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/15 at 11:01am
Same here, Last year was great! This time i'll have to break away for a bit to get some oysters if its rainy that is
09' Chocolate MINI Clubman
r53blue View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r53blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/15 at 7:39pm
ill be going 
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/15 at 11:08am
This was such a good time last year! Got it on the calendar. 

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/15 at 4:55pm
Will be there!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/15 at 8:50am
I'm in will meet at PCC
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/15 at 10:32am
Anyone want to caravan up from Tacoma?
2011 MCS
MINI4ME View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINI4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/15 at 7:30pm
Yep, see ya all at PCCLOL
MINI4ME
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/15 at 9:48pm
Hey Bryan, I am going your way, where and when shall we meet up?

Edited by minit - April/14/15 at 12:03pm
Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
MINI4ME View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINI4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/15 at 10:13pm
I'll be going...
MINI4ME
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/15 at 8:12am
Yes please.....See you all at PCC
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/15 at 8:36am

I'm hoping to make it!

WooHoo

Mishwentz View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishwentz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/15 at 10:40pm
I will be there!
Vesper-S View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesper-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/15 at 7:06pm
Donna and Les would like to go.
2013 Bond Street Clubman S
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/15 at 7:37pm
Make sure you have your sunglasses!  You will be driving toward the sun all the way down the Hood Canal.  If you went north up the canal the sun would be at your back for most of the trip; much more relaxing and safer.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/15 at 1:12pm
Will be there! 
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/15 at 3:01pm
South Sound Caravan to Kingston:

To avoid anyone having to go out of their way to a meet-up spot, we’ll meet at the “unused” vehicle scale on Highway 16 after you cross over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  Go under the 24th St NW overpass and ¾ mile later the exit for the scale will be on your right. The sign says "Weigh Station."  We won't be there long enough to worry about the "WSP Authorized Parking only" sign. Swing in there and “queue up” before the scale building so we have an easier run up to freeway speed when we pull out.  (If you miss the scale turnout you either got to the next exit, loop back to the last one and come at it again or you can pull over where it merges back onto the freeway a third of a mile up and then back up on the scale road.) 

Allowing for the “caravan adjustment” to Google Maps route we should allow about 70 minutes making the run to The Grub Hut in Kingston.  We need to arrive there about 8:45 AM to meet the contingent coming over on the ferry.

So, plan on being at the scale at 7:20 AM and we will roll out at 7:30 AM.  

If you are north of there and want to meet up with us along the way we can make arrangements to merge together on Highway 16 or Highway 3 depending on where you will be joining us.  It would be quickest and easiest if we make cellphone contact as we approach “wherever” you will be waiting so you can whip on the freeway and join the parade.

Last year the "northenders" went back via ferries; those of us in the South Sound cut down through the Shelton area and picked up 101 to I-5 in Olympia/Tumwater and then scattered to various routes home.

Sixate (Bryan)

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/15 at 11:59am
Thanks Bryan! That sounds like a great way to go!  Looking forward to another fun drive.
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/15 at 12:42pm
Yes - A southward drive on the west side of Hood Canal
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
Twisstr View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Twisstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/15 at 3:24pm
We are in!!
Karin & Karen 2011 Pepper White Hampton Blk Top Connected all Pkgs
suzwood View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/15 at 10:01pm
This event sounds like fun.  Count us in! (one MINI, two enthusiasts).  We will meet you in Edmonds to catch the ferry.
<font color=GREEN>'11 MC, BRG/W, Sport/Premium/Cold Weather Packages, 6 speed manual, tinted windows[/COLOR][/COLOR]
r53blue View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r53blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/15 at 8:50am
I was wondering as the person i take with me normally to all the events i go to might not be able to make it to this event; i was wondering would this be an okay solo drive if she cant make it to this one?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/15 at 2:40pm
I think this is a fun drive, not a rallye where you really need a navigator, so solo should be fine! Tongue
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/15 at 8:11pm
After yesterday, I am really excited for this one! The Rallye was a blast, and this one sounds like another great day!  Can't wait!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>