Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Presents " This is Stonehenge 2015" - Event Date: June/06/15 - June/07/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PSMINI Presents " This is Stonehenge 2015"
    Posted: April/14/15 at 10:38am
PSMINI Presents “This is Stonehenge”

”Good roads are more than my hobby. They are my religion."
      -Sam Hill, Founder of Maryhill Museum & Maryhill Loops Road

When: This is an overnight Event
             Saturday June 6th & Sunday June 7th.
             Meet at Krispy Kreme 8:30,
             Drivers Meeting at 8:45, and
             Motoring at 9:00am

Start: Krispy Kreme
6210 E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA 98029
(425) 391-8011

End: Maryhill Museum of Art:
35 Maryhill Museum Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620
(509) 773-3733

Details: Some good motoring, Stonehenge, Maryhill Museum, Maryhill Winery, a wine share and the famous Maryhill loops Road all in one fabulous weekend.
Let’s make a weekend of it. Let’s discover some history. Let’s experience the one of a kind Maryhill Loops Road!
Here’s what we’ve got in store for this year’s adventure! A new Starting point and we are adding the Yakima Canyon into the mix on the way to Miner's Drive In for lunch. We’ll stop at Miner’s for lunch and provide time at the Stonehenge monument for pictures. Dinner will be a the Mexican place (Ayutla right next door to the Quality Inn) After dinner the group will gather to for the share some wine (or beer), and talk MINIs.

Here is a little info about the museum.

From the unique Columbia River Gorge, Maryhill Museum of Art collects, presents and preserves art and historical and natural resources, to enrich and educate residents and visitors of the Pacific Northwest.
Samuel Hill started work on his hilltop mansion in 1914. The mansion is the site of the museum as it stands today. The museum features a number of permanent collections as well as rotating collections from near and far. More information at Maryhill Museum of Art Website. Near by there is the Maryhill Winery as well.

Maryhill Winery Info:
9774 Lewis and Clark Highway 14, Goldendale, WA 98620
(509) 773-1976

Saturday - June 6th: Meet up, Drive, Stonehenge, Museum, Dinner, and a Wine Share and tasting

Updated Agenda,This is Stonehenge

•     8:30am Meet up at Krispy Kreme’s in Issaquah:
o     Address: 6210 E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA 98029
•     Drivers Meeting at 8:45am
•     On the Road at 9:00am
•     Drive thru the back roads of Issaquah to North Bend
•     Meet up and get grouped back together at Popeye’s in North Bend
o     Address: 46600 SE North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045
•     Head over I-90 to Exit 109 (Yakima Canyon Rd)
•     Exit 109, Canyon road turn left onto Canyon Rd (we will reassemble just for a moment)
•     Take the Canyon road and enjoy the scenery and the Police presence, it is highly patrolled.
•     We will do a short break at the Chevron just across Hiway 82
o     Address: 51 Firing Center Rd, Yakima, WA 98901
•     Meet up at Miners Drive Inn: Lunch Break for an Hour
o     Address: 2415 S 1st St, Yakima, WA 98903
•     After lunch Drive to Stonehenge Memorial : turn right on to Stonehenge Dr
o     Address: Stonehenge Drive
•     Then a quick drive to the Maryhill Museum:
•     Arrive at Maryhill Museum
o     35 Maryhill Museum Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620
•     This is probably where we split up till Dinner at Ayutla’s at 7:00pm
o     Address 630 E Simcoe Dr, Goldendale Wa 98620
•     If you are up for a little Wine Tasting, then some us will be motoring over the Maryhill Winery
o     Address: 9774 Lewis and Clark Highway 14, Goldendale, WA 98620
•     See you all At Dinner, we have reservations for 40, We will announce the room number for the wine tasting at Dinner (please remember that you have to be sober to drive the road the next morning.

I will also have a paper copies for everyone

Sunday - June 7th: Maryhill Loops Road (club members only)
9:00 - 3:00pm Drive Maryhill Loops Road until you drop! (PSMINI Club members only)
We will be closing the road at Noon for lunch then back around 1:00pm to have more fun
we will be closing at 3:00pm as we all need to get home and it is a long drive home, especially after a few turns on the loops road.

Cost: Again this year, there is no cost to participate in the drive to Goldendale and all MINIs are welcome to come along for a good motor. There is no cost to drive the Maryhill Loops Road this year but you must be a paid club member in good standing.
Meals, drinks, etc. are on your own.

Host Hotels:

There are several lodging options in and around Goldendale. Our host Hotel again this year is the Quality Inn. You may also want to consider staying across the Columbia River in Biggs, Oregon. The area is a popular destination in the summer; book now!

Hotel Options:

1. Quality Inn - 808 E Simcoe Dr, Goldendale, WA‎ - (509) 773-5881
(This is our preferred hotel) Please use PSMINI or Puget Sound Mini Club for the $105 price per night)
* I have blocked out 15 rooms this year at a group rate of $105 a night*
There are 7 double Queen Rooms and 7 Queen Rooms left
2. Ponderosa Motel - 775 E Broadway St. Goldendale WA 98620 (509) 772-5842
3. Three Rivers Inn - 91484 Biggs Rufus Hwy Biggs, OR 97065 (541) 739-2501    
4. Dinty's Motor Inn - 91571 Biggs-Rufus Hwy, Biggs Junction, OR 97065 (541) 739-2596
5. NU-VU Motel - 91495 Biggs-Rufus Hwy., Biggs Junction, OR 97065 (541) 739-2525
6. Hillview Motel - 203 Wallace St., Rufus, OR (541) 739-8221

What to Bring:
     - Full tank of gas
     - FRS Radio set to channel 7-21. We’ll help set your radio if you arrive early.
     - Sunglasses (hopefully you'll need them)
     - Sunscreen, a hat
     - Cash is appreciated at Miner’s Drive-In
     - A wine (or beer) for the Wine Tasting ($20 or less Please)
     - Swimming suits (The heated Pool will be open)
     - Something to pull the corks if you don’t have a twist off top
     - Water and/or snacks for the drive

Note: Remember that this year’s day 2, the Maryhill Loops Road drive, will be limited to club members only. There will be no cost to drive the road. If you are not currently a member and would like to join us you may become member using this link: PSMINI Membership Form Thank you for supporting PSMINI.

RSVP: Respond to this thread with your attendance to the drive, the museum, and driving the Maryhill Loops Road on Sunday. We’ll have a group rate at the Museum which requires an accurate count of all in your party. Thanks!

Wine Share or Tasting: We will reserve a conference room or one of the Hotel rooms at the Quality Inn for this event, so please bring a bottle of your favorite wine ($20 or less) and let have a wine tasting for all that wish to taste different wines. If you are a beer drinker please bring your favorite beer.

Plastic glasses will be provided or bring your favorite goblet. This will be a “very” informal gathering so, even if you are not into wine or beer, Please stop in and say hi and talk MINI!
And I don’t think I need to say this but, please remember that in the morning we will be driving the Maryhill Loops Road…

The way home
I will add a couple of options for the way home on Sunday, but we will not be leading the drive home, you are on your own to get home.

PSMINI Members that are going:
BurnerS
SodaJeff
Beakerzor
E30 Memorial
Auroramatt
Corners
Ear2Ear
Hot Chocolate
Sixtate (depending on Grandbaby's arrival)
LiveFromWa
Steve Lomnicki
Lori Christine Stevens
Benjamin and Deaana
Julz
Adam Locatelli
Nik Knapp
Brandon Chapelo
Jason Grover
Miquel Garcia
Karen McClune

Edited by SodaJeff - June/01/15 at 5:20pm
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/15 at 12:40pm
Woo Hoo!
Shari and I have already reserved one of the rooms!

This is going to be a great time!
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
LiveFromWA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiveFromWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/15 at 9:43pm
Please put me down with my co-pilot Nancy. We are in! Queen single room booked in case you are tracking them.

Brian

Edited by LiveFromWA - April/15/15 at 7:06pm
2013 Cooper-S R56 Lightning Blue, White Roof, White Bonnet Stripes, Packages: Premium 1, Cold Weather, Sport, Technology, Chrome Interior & Exterior
Picture: Martin The Mini Marmot @ Redwood Forest
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/15 at 9:06am
We are a tentative yes....with a room booked, but reserve the option to bail at the last minute because the is "oh so close" to grandchild #1's due date.  

I am looking forward to testing the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the little patch of pavement!

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
HotChocolate View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/15 at 7:18am
Dennis is in for everything. Hope you guys have a great time.
THEO: 2011 S Convertible Hot Chocolate
EAR2EAR View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAR2EAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/15 at 3:16pm
Add Coll and Sheila to the list.
Room booked at Quality Inn

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/15 at 1:13am
I'm booked. This time I'm bringing CORNERS, not a rental MINI like last year. (CORNERS had a blown engine last year)

Ready for some hardcore hill climbing.

Maryhill Loops Road in a Rented MINI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJFxnX0fio

2011 JustaCooper
(with wheels/tires borrowed from CORNERS)

Edited by CORNERS - April/20/15 at 1:17am
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/15 at 4:36am
the Stonehenge monument and the Maryhill Loops Road look like a lot of fun, we will try to make this, for sure
auroramatt View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auroramatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/15 at 11:25pm
Please add Matt, Abbie, Parker & Maggie. We have reservations at the Quality In.
Matt, Abbie, Parker & Maggie

2005 MCS EB/W - LILBLEU

When a Mini whines, it's a good thing!
E30 Memorial View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30 Memorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/15 at 9:12pm

We're both in and reservation made at QI
Steve & Jo-Ann Q
'12 MCS BW
'01 e39 530is
'90 e30 m3
'89 e30 332i
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/15 at 9:10am
we just reserved our room at Quality Inn
Sooz, Chewie and I will be there!
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 8:35am
Finally booked our room. Nick and I will be there!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/15 at 8:40am
BurnerS, you have my name twice on the list of who's going
Kuren Charles
Beakerzor
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/15 at 8:44am
What? there aren't two of you?
Sorry, I must admit I forget names more often than not...old age
Fixed and thanks
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Baby Spice View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby Spice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/15 at 11:37pm
Baby Spice & I would love to go ...

Please count me in for one person

B Mason
Baby Spice
2014 Pepper White Roadster
Redstarkid View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redstarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/15 at 6:35pm
Is anyone else thinking of doing a turn and burn just for the hill climb? I can't escape my role as a stay at home dad for the whole weekend, but I'm free Sunday. Thinking of doing a hard burn to make it out there for the start of the day.  Anyone esle want to meet up and do an early morning Mini caravan?
Pippa-'04 Mini Cooper S in Pure Silver. Featuring an Alta 2.0 15% reduction Pully and 2% overdrive ATI Super Damper. Madness rear sway, Koni shocks, NGK plugs and wires, and polyurethane everything.
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/15 at 2:11pm
I'm booked!

Now to find the dog a place to stay for the weekend.
r53blue View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r53blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/15 at 7:51pm
I'll be going.. I know I'm not A paid member yet I plan on doing that this Saturday at the Seattle doughnut meet hopefully if their that could help with that
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/15 at 8:13am
Hotel booked, 2 coming!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
Terrys View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/15 at 5:23pm
My husband John and I would love to join.  Sounds like fun!

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

Edited by Terrys - May/22/15 at 5:25pm
Tarmac View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/15 at 1:22pm

Got it scheduled.  Planning to do the tour down with the group and the Maryhill Loops Road on Sunday.  Just signed up for my membership.

Not2Day View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not2Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/15 at 3:42pm
If it's not too late to sign up. I'd like to make the trip down with everyone. I just paid membership dues.
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/15 at 3:48pm
welcome aboard
no problem.. see you next Saturday at Krispy Kreme's

There might be a room or two left at the Quality Inn as well
Steve
Shiner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/15 at 2:09pm
Count us in! We're bringing Quorra and look forward to seeing you all again.
Sheryl & Steve

2005 Cooper -BEP -Chrome In/Out -HK Stereo - Sunroof
2014 Cooper S deLux
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/15 at 10:00am
Hello All
I have just added the Dinner plans for Saturday, once again at the Ayutla Mexican Place right next door to the Quality Inn Hotel
also added the times that the road will be open...
Please plan on being there at 9:00am on Sunday to get your fill of curves and fun
Steve
Rook View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/15 at 12:03pm
Hey PSMINI.ORG friends! Your friendly PDX Mini interloper ( AND PSMINI.ORG member!) Dana here!
I will be joining you on Sunday for some fun and twisties on Maryhill Rd. I will have a friend with me and probably a cooler full of snacks like last year.
Looking forward to seeing you guys!!!
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/15 at 7:16am
Don't forget to check your tire pressure, top off your oil, etc if you plan to push your car this weekend!   See ya at the top!
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
auroramatt View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auroramatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/15 at 8:03am
A small passenger list change, Abbie and Maggie will not be coming, but my brother Isaac will be taking over as copilot. Still 2 adults but now only 1 child age 4 instead of 2.

-Matt
Matt, Abbie, Parker & Maggie

2005 MCS EB/W - LILBLEU

When a Mini whines, it's a good thing!
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/15 at 8:37am
Hi everyone. Please do remember, in fact right now would be a good time to put it in your MINI, please do remember to bring your membership badges this weekend and display them proudly. This is especially important for Sunday. If you are not a PSMINI member but a member of another club please bring that badge, card, or whatever your club uses to signify membership. Thank you!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/15 at 8:50am
As much as it pains me to do so, I am opting out of this weekend.  The impending arrival of the first grandchild may or may not actually happen this weekend; but the grief I would get if she does appear would far exceed the joy of driving Maryhill.   

So like all the Mariners fans say "There is always next year..."

But I'm telling you here and now, if the little one hasn't popped out three weeks from now we are going to Minis on the Beach anyway!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>