Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R55/56 seats into R50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R55/56 seats into R50
    Posted: April/15/15 at 8:38am
Just purchased a pair of leather sports seats from a clubman. According to NAM forums with one slight mod to the seat belt mount and swapping wiring connectors it's a fairly straightforward installation.  Anyone here attempted this upgrade before?
'05 Cooper, BRG, Aerokit, Sport Package, 135k
'89 325iX, Diamondblack, 270k
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/15 at 3:54pm
Here's the thread I'm going to use as reference this weekend for my install.
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/258753-r56-seats-into-my-04-r53-installed-and-pics.html
I just need to figure out how to make the heated seats work.  I've seen mention that the two systems aren't compatible?
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/15 at 9:14am
Installed the driver's seat last night, following the above thread.  The new seat is a little wider and does press up against the console carpeting.  I'm going to see if I can adjust the mounting to give a little more space as there seemed to be a tiny bit of wiggle room with the bolts.  I avoided cutting any wires so the original seats still have useable airbags if I decide to sell those or swap the seats back in.  I still have to deal with the heated seats, but I have a couple of ideas how I can do that.  Considering the season, I'm not making that a priority right now.  
I'll install the passenger seat tonight or tomorrow and try to remember to take some pictures this time and upload them.
 Post Reply Post Reply