Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hitch for Cooper S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucille14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitch for Cooper S
    Posted: April/22/15 at 10:49pm
I was looking at having a hitch installed on my F56. the hitch will be used for bike rack, not towing. It is an 'S', so it has exhaust pipes in the middle where the hitch would normally be mounted. I found a place in Kent (torklift central) that has a bolt on hitch that requires 'Minor modification of factory exhaust hanger'. There is no modification to the body of the car and only the adapter is visible. Has anyone put a hitch on their Cooper S? suggestions or warnings appreciated! 
Money can't buy happiness, but happiness can't buy chocolate ice cream.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/15 at 7:44pm
http://www.mnidomore.com/

I have had 2 of them.

Not sure if they make one for an F-56

Edited by SMOG - April/23/15 at 8:14pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/15 at 7:00pm
Hi, hope your hitch worked out. A bike hitch was my first accessory on my 2005 MCS convertible. Matt, from TorkLift Central took great care of me, and the hitch has been perfect ever since. There is no way to put the pin through the bar that slids into the hitch though, so I bought a bike rack, Thule Helium, that has an expanding piece inside, and keep an eye on it.
Like I said, it's been perfect, and is well used.
Gretchen, and LMNCELO.
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/15 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by LMNCELO LMNCELO wrote:

Hi, hope your hitch worked out. A bike hitch was my first accessory on my 2005 MCS convertible. Matt, from TorkLift Central took great care of me, and the hitch has been perfect ever since. There is no way to put the pin through the bar that slids into the hitch though,
Gretchen, and LMNCELO.

Putting the pin through mine is a PITA so when the hitch is in place I usually leave it for a while and listen to it rattle without a load on it.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply