Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Show & Shine Car Show - Event Date: August/16/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PSMINI Show & Shine Car Show
    Posted: June/01/15 at 5:57pm
PSMINI and Griot’s Garage Proudly Present....The 7th Annual PSMINI Show & Shine Car Show!

When: Sunday August 16th. 9:00 - 2:00
8:30 AM for Show Entrants!!!

Where: This year we will be back in Tacoma. Our great sponsors at the Griot’s Garage – Flagship Store will host the event. We’re very appreciative to the folks at Griot’s for their lead sponsorship & continued support of our club.

Details: As the only MINI/Mini focused car show in the Northwest this show puts the spot light on meeting, interacting, and socializing with your fellow MINI enthusiasts! It’s important to point out that our Show & Shine follow the “Not Normal” mantra. While we still call it a car show, it’s really a celebration of the MINI & Mini, and a gathering of the community who loves them. Whether you own a fully “modded” racer, a classic Mini, a Countryman, a bone stock “justa”, or a brand new MINI fresh off the lot, ALL MINIs are welcomed, nay, encouraged to enter their MINIs.

Local Lodging:
Coming from out of town for the show? Coming from sort of far but want that extra hour or two put the final touches on your Mini/MINI before the show? No Problem, we'll be arranging a partnership at a local hotel. Details coming soon

Car Show Badges & T-Shirts: Details coming soon

This years entry classes are:
Best MINI Cooper Hardtop
That's right! We are putting all the Coopers together in one class this year. This includes all of the hardtops from the very first off the line in 2002 to the brand new 2015 models. This includes those swanky new 4-door models Which Cooper is your favorite? Which is the crowd favorite? We'll just have to wait and see!

Best MINI Cooper Convertible
Like to motor topless? This is class for you! All Cooper Convertibles in their own class and together at last. This includes the beloved 2-seat roadsters.

Best MINI Coupe or Clubman
That's right, we're going extra short vs extra long. Will the crowd prefer the classic barn doors and extra room, or the more aggressive looking hardtop 2-seater? Let's find out!

Best MINI Countryman or Paceman
Got some extra room in your MINI? This class includes the Countryman and Paceman. Register your Paceman or Countryman and let's see which one is preferred in T-Town.

Best Classic Mini
Got a Mini with NO BMW Parts? This is the class for you! This class for all generations of the Classic Mini. It doesn't get more original or iconic than this.

Best Special Edition MINI
Do you have one of the many special editions that MINI has offered over the years? We are talking packages like the Sidewalk Convertible, The 40th Anniversary Monte Carlo Rallye edition MC40, The Checkmate, The Park Lane, The Bayswater, Camden edition, The Bond Street, The Green Park, The Hyde Park, The Goodwood Rolls Royce edition, The GP, and there are many more! (whew) There are a lot of special edition MINIs out there and this year we are putting you front and center right on the lawn in your own category. (The John Cooper Works model is not a special edition, please register in one of the other classes). Not sure if you've got a special edition or can't decide if you'd rather register under one of the other classes? E-mail events@psmini.org and we will help you out.

We’ll also have a few fun categories to encourage creativity and allow you to show off the uniqueness that is your MINI/Mini:
Best in Show - Awarded to the best overall MINI or Mini at the show
Best "Mods" - Awarded for the best aesthetic and/or horsepower related modifications
Best "Bone-Stock" - Awarded for the best unaltered MINI or MINI at the show
Most "Not Normal" - Awarded to the vehicle/motorer best representing the MINI/Mini spirit

*All category & crowd favorites will be determined via ballot casting at the show.*

Food: We're changing up this year, lets bring our picnic baskets and blankets. We can all sit together and talk Mini's

Prizes: We’re working on prizes & giveaway items. Come to the PSMINI booth at the show to purchase raffle tickets. We'll give those prizes away throughout the day, so check back often to see if you've won!

Tell a Friend! Help us spread the word about the show! Invite your friends, family, and close strangers. Let's make this the biggest MINI show ever!

Volunteers Needed!
It takes a village to pull this type of event off, to that end, if you're willing/able to volunteer to help with the the car show please PM Ryan via the fourm (ipeverywhere).

Edited by BurnerS - July/29/16 at 5:37pm
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/15 at 1:40pm
Enjoyed myself last year and plan on attending again this year. 
 2013 MINI Cooper Clubman S', Pepper&Black.  Car Name "Pepper"

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/15 at 6:14pm
Had a great time last year, looking forward to this years.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
Pylon View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/15 at 10:00pm
I will attend this event, and am really looking forward to seeing all my PS MINI friends again.  Please let me know about lodging as I will need to drive up Saturday evening.
PDX Mini Member Purple Haze Miniac
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/15 at 12:31pm
ATTENTION MOTORERS!!!

Some exciting news:

Cravenspeed will be attending again this year and is offering to bring up goodies that anyone is looking to buy. Take a look on their website at http://www.cravenspeed.com and start making a shopping list! This opportunity will save you $$$ on shipping. And of course, they will be offering a discount to our awesome club members.

If you see something you would like to purchase, please contact Jeremy before the show either on Facebook or at: jeremy.cravenspeed.com and he will set you up with how to pay and ensure you will get your product at the show.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/15 at 12:32pm
excellent, i'm hoping they will bring one of those new nifty combination GoPro mount / Tow Ring tow mounts!

Edited by Beakerzor - August/04/15 at 12:46pm
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/15 at 1:17pm
Hi everyone. The Registration for this years Show & Shine is now live. You can find it at this link so go share with all your MINI friends!
http://psmini.org/CarShow/2015/
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/15 at 1:23pm
registered, thanks!
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/15 at 6:06pm
Hmm, CORNERS might be able to make it. 
Jeremy@CravenSpeed View Drop Down
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor

CravenSpeed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeremy@CravenSpeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/15 at 2:00pm
I can definitely bring one! Which MINI do you have and what color hook would you like? We've got red and black, and I think we may have some blue left. Let me know!
Jeremy
2006 MINI Cooper S - Dark Silver
www.cravenspeed.com
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/15 at 2:04pm
If you have a black one for a 2014 Spice Orange Roadster (R59), that would be fantastic!
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor

CravenSpeed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeremy@CravenSpeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/15 at 2:07pm
I do, and I will be sure to bring one along! Thumbs Up
Jeremy
www.cravenspeed.com
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor

CravenSpeed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy@CravenSpeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/15 at 3:03pm
I'd like to echo what Ashley posted earlier. I'll be heading up to Griot's to hang out with all you guys and check out your MINIs and Minis. For the most part I will just be bringing items requested, I will not be setting up a whole table this year. I will bring a few of our most popular items though. If there is something you would like to check out, please let me know. You can email me directly at jeremy@cravenspeed.com and I will be sure to bring it along. This way there will be no shipping cost and there will even be a 10% discount! We've got a few new items to check out: 

Performance Lowering Springs for the F55 and F56: http://www.cravenspeed.com/performance-lowering-springs/

Our new shift knob design with custom cap options: http://www.cravenspeed.com/mini-and-bmw-shift-knob/

The R53 Cold Air Intake is back for a short time: http://www.cravenspeed.com/r53-cold-air-intake/

And of course we have our pulleys, phone mounts, short shifters, Stubby antennas and lots of other stuff.

Let me know and I will bring it along!
Jeremy
www.cravenspeed.com
StevilB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevilB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/15 at 11:25am
We will be there with both cars!
2014 F56-S deLux Edition by Alex Coyle - With 8-Track!
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/15 at 11:16pm
tried to register, but did not get to complete paypal transaction.  do i try again or will that double register me and then charge me for two.
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/15 at 11:34pm
NM registration went through.
pmini View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/15 at 9:07pm
I can't wait to see you all there!
smallbug View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/15 at 11:32pm
I'm officially registered! Very excited.
Wirbelwind - 2014 F56 Cooper Volcanic Orange
VandW View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VandW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/15 at 9:12am
Thanks for organizing this - it was fun.  We had to leave early - will someone post who won each category? 

Wolfgang is my copilot.
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/15 at 8:22am
Will the winners for each category be posted.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/15 at 9:54am
Hello Motorers!
Is your MINI still shiny? We wanted to send a thank you out to everyone that joined us at this years Show & Shine Car Show. A special big thank you to all the participants; we do this show for you and all the MINIs looked great!

Our Sponsors were great with all their support. We were able to raffle prizes from:
     425 Motorsports
     Out Motoring
     Seattle MINI
     Griot’s Garage

We also had sponsors at the show ready to answer questions and do some installs. Thank you:
     CravenSpeed
     Northwest MINI
     Griot’s Garage

Without further adieu… Our big winners!

Best MINI Cooper Hardtop
     First              Sheryl B.
     Second          Tim J.
     Third             Matt C.

Best MINI Countryman or Paceman
     First              Gayle M.
     Second          Ben A.
     Third             Leah Cerkic

Best MINI Coupe or Clubman
     First              Zach T.
     Second          Judette M.
     Third             David E.

Best MINI Convertible
     First              Kuren C.
     Second          Robert S.
     Third             Tina L.

Best MINI Special Edition
     First               Steve B.
     Second           Steve Q.

Best MINI Classic
     First              Brian F.

Best Mods
     First              Kent K.
     Second          Tim J.
     Second          Matt C.

Not Normal Award
     First              Steve B.
     Second          Tim J.
     Third             Kent K.

Best Bone-Stock
     First              Anthony W.
     Second          Steve Q.
     Second          Amanda C.

Best In Show
          Brian F. in his Mini Classic!

Special thank you again to all the participants and to Griot’s Garage for hosting us for our second year in a row! See you next year!

Post Reply Post Reply