Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro to Track Days - Event Date: August/12/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Intro to Track Days
    Posted: June/16/15 at 8:29pm
Be A Racecar Driver For Day!

2015 Performance Driver Clinic presented by Northwest MINI, in partnership with BMW Northwest and ProFormance Race School!

What's It All About?
This is the perfect chance to learn what your MINI can really do! NW MINI has arranged an exclusive day at ProFormance Racing School

The course is designed to improve your street survival driving skills and advanced car control techniques while exposing you to the thrill and excitement of high performance driving. This sport is one of the fastest growing recreations in our nation for both men and women. The curriculum is the starting point to becoming a ProFormance driver.

When Do the Thrills Start?
Wednesday August 12th
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM

How Much Is It?
The cost for this experience is normally $555 but, with sponsorship from Northwest MINI, tuition is only $399.
Register now for savings of almost 30%!

Where's The Track?
Pacific Raceways in Kent
31001 144th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98042

This Sounds Awesome! How Do I Register?
Enrollment is limited to only 24 spots, so sign up now:
www.proformanceracingschool.com/enrollment
or contact Brad Davis - NW MINI
253.284.MINI - brad@northwestmini.com

Is My Car Ready For The Track?
1.Brakes should be in good working condition
2.Tires good condition, adequate tread depth, and no “plug repair” to punctures
3.Seat belts must be present and functional for both driver and passenger seats
4.Soft top cars must have roll-bar or pop-up roll-over hoop

What Should I Wear?
All participants must wear approved (Snell 2005 rated) helmets during road course driving experiences. If you don’t have your own, there will be helmets available free of charge. Lightweight and close-fitting clothing is recommended., along with thin soft-soled shoes for maximum pedal “feel.” Some walking over loose terrain will be required. A two page letter will be sent to you two weeks prior to your registered date with more details.

Tell Me More!
The day starts out with a 90 minute classroom session followed by exercise in advanced car control and street survival skills. An in-depth knowledge of vehicle dynamics, skid control, and brake application is established. The afternoon is a total driving experience on the road course utilizing all of the skills and techniques acquired in the morning sessions. Always accompanied by a qualified instructor, participants develop a more proactive driving relationship with their car. Our goal is to teach you to think faster than you drive. The use of your personal car is recommended for skill and relationship development however school cars are available.

See You At The Track!!!

The Disclaimer
This is not an official PSMINI event. It is open to everyone invited by our friends at NW MINI.

Know someone interested? Need a great gift idea for someone you care about or Father's Day? Certificates Available! They will have fun and become a safer driver. All BMW Northwest and Northwest MINI clients and guests are welcome, and a BMW or MINI is NOT a requirement.

Edited by SodaJeff - June/16/15 at 9:01pm
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/15 at 10:35pm
Credit card processed!

Been waiting to do something like this for a long time.
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/15 at 10:36pm
And thanks NW MINI for setting this up!
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 5:38am
signing up now!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 7:38am
I definitely encourage anyone who is interested to take advantage of this opportunity. If you have been on the fence than this is the one for you. You will get the chance to learn to drive your car fast on a closed course in a safe environment with expert instruction along with other MINI Cooper owners. Perfect combination. You will have classroom instruction before and in between sessions and learn what your MINI and you are capable of. Don't miss out!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 8:45am
I emailed Brad, hold me a spot!
Pawsome View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pawsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 9:43am
Signed up. Hopefully I can sort out the turbo mess well before then (turbo's shot, Broadstrokes is waiting on replacement parts from the Fatherland). Or just live at the redline Angry
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 10:11am
Excellent!
'80 Mini English White
VandW View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VandW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 3:10pm
Save me a spot!  I can book it tomorrow.  WooHoo
Wolfgang is my copilot.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 3:26pm
Also, not that if you are an experienced driver and have prior track experience and signed off by ProFormance Racing school you can take advantage of their afternoon lapping (same day) for $225 (discount off of the $245 regular rate). This is for drivers already signed off to drive on the track solo.

'80 Mini English White
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 6:38pm
having an issue paying

emailed Donna @ PR, she said it's good I emailed her, they are 3/4th's full already

should be a full event!

can't wait
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/15 at 6:42pm
woot, all paid now, I'm gtg

she said its like a 3:1 MINI:MBW ratio so far
VandW View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VandW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/15 at 7:56am
Registered! 
Wolfgang is my copilot.
 Post Reply Post Reply