Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Second Annual Modtoberfest! - Event Date: September/19/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Second Annual Modtoberfest!
    Posted: August/18/15 at 9:26am
It’s the 2nd Annual
!Modtoberfest!

Date: September 19th 2015 Craven will be open at 9am for this event!
Where: Cravenspeed 14010-A SW 72nd Ave Portland, OR 97224

What’s a Modtoberfest?
We’ve partnered with Cravenspeed, Way Motor Works, and Todd of Todd’s Mods to bring you a day of MINI modifications, food, bubble hockey tournaments, special install rates (free!) of those coveted Cravenspeed parts, and lots more.

Todd will be doing graphics. That’s right! Got some custom graphics you want on your MINI? You won’t find a more experienced installer anywhere in the country. Todd has been installing graphics on MINIs since the very first gen 1 rolled off the ship. He’s also one of the voices and founders of White Roof Radio! Even if you’re not getting work done come out and put a face to the voice. Check out some of Todd’s work Todd’s Mods Portfolio.   

Getting the most out of your MINI? Probably not without a tune. Way of Way Motor Works has your tune. He will be onsite all day providing tunes, advice, and everything you need to get the very best out of your MINI. Recognized as one the leading MINI tuning shops in the country Way Motor Works has the tested and dependable parts to get some extra go in your MINI. Way Motor Works

Way will also be doing coding. What's coding? See the detailed post below.

What’s a “tune”? Way has a computer, a special computer, it finds the flat spots in your horsepower range and torque curve and adjusts your MINI accordingly to remove those flat spots. He can also adjust the throttle response insuring smooth acceleration to match the new “map” for HP and torque. It works and your MINI will love you for it. Way can tune any first or second generation MINI.

We’re also organizing a group dinner. Location TBD depending on how many are interested. Portland has great food. You won’t be disappointed.

New this year: An actual Oktoberfest! That’s right! Modtoberfest is the same weekend as the Mount Angel Oktoberfest celebration. This is an, almost, week long celebration and only 30 minutes away from CravenSpeed’s facility. More information is here: Mount Angel Oktoberfest. A few of us will be in Oregon early to start the party early.

FAQ:
Will there be beer?
Yes; at least at dinner and very much so at the Mount Angel Oktoberfest.

Will it be Oktoberfest beer?
Yes; of course.

What time will you start?
That will be determined by the first appointment. Stay tuned to this post and we’ll let you know shortly.

I can’t make it Saturday. Can I get a tune/install/mod Sunday?
Possibly, please work that out directly with Way Motor Works, Cravenspeed, and Todd.

How to Contact Way Motor Works
If you’d like to schedule a tune or install of any part Way Motor Works sells please call Way Motor Works at 770-234-9965 or follow their Contact Us on the Way Motor Works Website http://www.waymotorworks.com/

How to Contact Cravenspeed
Cravenspeed can be reached at 503-505-6886 and their website is http://www.cravenspeed.com

How to Contact Todd of Todd’s Mods
Send Todd an e-mail with your idea for what graphics you want. He’ll get back to you right away. His address is: todd@toddsmods.com

Edited by SodaJeff - September/21/15 at 1:41pm
2013 R58S Kite Blue
2013 JCW GP
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/15 at 3:44pm
Hi everyone!

Check out The Modtoberfest Video!

Edited by ipeverywhere - August/19/15 at 12:54pm
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/15 at 11:56am
What is coding? Here are some of the things you can do when having your MINI coded. This is not a complete list. Contact Way Motor Works for more information:

Seat Belt Reminder Gongs – Disable the sound that alerts you to fasten your seat belt.

Key Gong – Disables the sound when the key is left in the dash.

Remote Windows Operation – Enable remote windows operation via the keyfob for all windows and sunroof. Sunroof up/down with the keyfob!

Remote Folding Mirrors – Enable folding mirrors via the key fob.

Auto Unlock – Enable door unlock after shutting the engine off.

One Touch Windows Operation (with door open) – Enable one touch windows operation when the door is open.

GPS Disclaimer Removal – Disables the disclaimer reminder that appears on the GPS/Mediaa screen.

Additional Welcome Light Activation – Additional lights such as fogs or high beams can be activated as welcome lighting.

Euro Hazards – Hazard lights double blink. Example Here

Fog Lights Remain on with High Beams – Fog lights can be set to remain on with high beam operation.

Auto Up Windows R58/R59 - Get auto-up windows working in your Coupe and/or Roadster.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/15 at 10:14am

Question to anyone out there:  Regarding the Auto Lock feature mentioned above, my MINI already unlocks the doors automatically when the engine is turned off. I find that to be an anti-safety feature, and would like to disable it so the doors remain locked (or specifically so the Passenger door stays locked!) . . . does anyone know how? (2006 Cooper)

THANK YOU! 

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/15 at 3:04pm
Genie, if you don't want to go to Portland to have it fixed, this guy is always advertising on Craigslist to update BMWs and Minis.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5151478034.html

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/15 at 5:50pm

Thanks for the info!  I figure if it's a feature you can turn on, there must be a way to turn it off.  As a woman mostly driving alone in my MINI, I find it scary that the passenger door automatically unlocks when I turn off the engine. I think I'd feel more comfortable if it didn't.

Thanks again!

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/15 at 2:39pm
Genie,
It is configurable. On the second generations you can get to that setting from the button at the end of the turn-stalk. However, the first generation MINIs, the dealer must make the change.

But, here is the really odd part, the "normal" or factory setting is to leave the doors locked. So, either the dealer changed it from the default without asking or a previous owner had it changed. You may reach out to Seattle or Northwest and ask for a little "club good will" and see if they will set it back to the factory setting for you. I'm pretty sure Way can reset this as well if you want to come down to Portland. If you decide to come down I can shoot him a quick e-mail just to confirm.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/15 at 4:14pm

Thank you for the good info, Ryan!  My car was used, so perhaps someone did reset it from the factory setting.  It's something that genuinely has concerned me, especially if I'm somewhere at night. And, I always thought it was strange that the doors would unlock automatically.  I will let the dealer know my safety concern, and since it's easily adjustable on the Gen-2, maybe they'd take pity on me with my Gen-1 and be willing to do it for me for no charge. I think I'll go that route anyway.

Thanks Much!

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/15 at 11:53am
Hi everyone! Modtoberfest is _this_ weekend. Still time to schedule your tune, get some parts ordered from Craven, or just plan to join us for the fun.

DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/15 at 3:30pm
I'll be there. My Mom lives about two miles from Cravenspeed.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply