Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Tulip Rallye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Tulip Rallye
    Posted: December/01/15 at 12:19pm
Greetings!

It is time to announce the 2016 Tulip Rallye and provide you with some details of our 35th year!

What: A light-hearted, gimmick rallye open to all makes and models of automobiles. Gimmick questions are based on puns with the answers found along the route and perhaps a few trivia questions.

When: Saturday, April 23, 2016. Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. Drivers’ meeting at 9:45 a.m. Pre-registered cars out first beginning at 10:00 a.m. Day-of registered cars depart after all pre-register cars have departed.

Where: Starting point is the Cascade Mall at I-5 exit 230 in Burlington WA.

25 First Place finish awards will be given. The first 24 car clubs (with a minimum of 5-cars registered and participating in the rallye) will receive an award plus one award will be given to a non-club affiliated entrant in the “open” class.

Your registration packet will include a door prize ticket and some basic pre-start information. A ‘Hard Luck’ award will be given to the most moving, sad story written about the day’s experience.

Pre-registration will close on April 16th. Any entries must be postmarked by April 16th. Pre-registration fee is $12.00 USD or $15.00 CDN per car. Day-of registration will be $15.00 (USD) or $18.00 (CDN). Have a question?... contact Bert Cripe by email at spiders@wavecable.com or by phone at (360) 731-8758 (cell) or (206) 695-6791 (work Tues-Fri 6am – 5pm).

Reserved parking and priority starting is a benefit of pre-registration!

Registration will open in late January 2016. Registration PDF form and more info will be available  at the MG Car Club Northwest Centre website:
http://www.mgccnwc.com/. Click on the ‘Calendar’ link and navigate to the April 23rd, 2016 entry.

Thank you!

Bert Cripe
2016 Tulip Rallye Co-chair

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/15 at 3:58pm

Good news that this super fun event will be back for another year!  Thanks to all who are making it happen!

Side note to Bert:  Weren't you a Fiat 124 owner?  Have you seen the new one based on the Mazda Miata?  Looks pretty good in the pictures I've seen

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Spider Driver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/16 at 8:32pm

2016 Tulip Rallye Registration is now OPEN!!

You may download the registration form PDF file (it has fields!) here:

http://www.mgccnwc.com

Our calendar should appear on the home page or by clicking on the 'Calendar' button.

Navigate to April 23rd to find the event listing and click on the registration form link to download it.

REMEMBER: pre-registered entries get reserved parking and priority starting!

Thanks,

Bert Cripe

spiders@wavecable.com

2016 Tulip Rallye Co-chair

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/16 at 8:36pm

Yes, I still own a 1978 124 spider, but mostly drive a 2011 500 now.  I have seen several articles about the new spider, but like others I am not sure I want one since it is not really an Italian car anymore...

It will perhaps be more reliable and I am sure it has more creature comforts, but I am still paying for the 500 so no new cars for a long time I think!

Thanks,

Bert

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/16 at 2:11pm
Please note that I made a mistake in my initial post about the rallye.

The deadline for postmark is Saturday, April 9th NOT the 16th.

Thanks,

Bert
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/16 at 9:20am
Here's a more direct link I found:

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/16 at 9:46am

Sneaky of you to look there!

I am the FEN webmaster also...

As a note to you folks who love to go on day drives, watch either the MG or FEN websites for upcoming day tours.

Most notable is the Citroen Club's Spring and Summer drives usually in March and August, respectively.

Everyone is invited and we would love to have you come along!!

Please consider joining in, the more the merrier!

I will post info here as the dates near.

Thanks,

Bert

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/16 at 9:09pm
I didn't think it was that sneaky.  Drill into the MGCCNW calendar far enough and that's where I found the fiatnorthwest.org link to the Tulip Rallye form.  I have checked the 2016 uploads on the MGCCNW site and it's not there.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/16 at 4:10pm
I just turned this into an "official" event so it would show up on the home page calendar. Thanks for this original post Bert - Everyone feel free to chime in on the other thread.
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
 Post Reply Post Reply