Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance Companies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance Companies
    Posted: July/13/16 at 5:51pm
Has anyone dealt with a total loss recently? I’m insured by the Big “P” you know the one with Flo as the spokes person. Well in my dealings with them they use a company to gather “comparisons” and in my case they falsified them to decrease the value of my car. The first offer for my 2013 Hyde Park edition was 9k and after 3 weeks of BS I settled at 18K. I expect them to do what they can to make a buck but this was unbelievable.

Happy to have moved on and now I have a really cool Spice Orange 2013 Cooper S. 

Edited by SMBerry - July/14/16 at 6:24am
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/16 at 6:50am
And a new insurance company?
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
SMBerry View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/16 at 12:31pm
Working on that now, When I purchased the new Mini I was told about a special arrangement with Liberty Mutual. I'll see how that goes. 
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/16 at 6:25am
If you  have any possible military connection, USAA is best in my book.  Been with them since 1968.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
SMBerry View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/16 at 6:56am
Thanks for the feedback. USAA is on the list for us. It comes down to price and service....
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/16 at 9:25am
We use State Farm and they have settled a couple claims for us, house and car. They aren't the cheapest but they have always been great to work with.

Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
HiltonPer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiltonPer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/17 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

We use and love these fat burners for women and they have settled a couple claims for us, house and car. They aren't the cheapest but they have always been great to work with.

Good to know. I was looking into State Farm, they seem like the best.

Edited by HiltonPer - January/31/22 at 1:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply