Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield repair recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield repair recommendations
    Posted: May/02/17 at 5:20pm
What are everybody's recommendations for getting a windshield replaced on an R50?  I've run out of places to look for the leak that's coming in the passenger side (there's no sunroof) and the windshield has several stars and a giant crack across the bottom.  What glass manufacturers do I look for (I don't necessarily need OEM glass and the $$$ that would probably go with it) but I want to avoid cheap imported glass as windshields are a structural part of the car.

Our insurance is pretty lousy with the comprehensive deductible so it will probably be out of pocket.

Thanks-

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/17 at 5:24pm
Cascade Glass or All Star have gotten the most votes the last times these questions were answered. 
Noonzio View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noonzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/17 at 1:15pm
I went to All-Star a couple of weeks ago. $324 including tax for a PGW windshield
2002 R53 JCW (210) EB/EB
2009 R55 JCW BRG (SOLD)
2004 R53 JCW (210) EB/EB (SOLD)
2006 MCSa PW/PW (SOLD)
2005 MCS DS/B (SOLD)
1999 40LE (Mulberry Red) (SOLD)
LeeMarkus View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMarkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/20 at 9:20pm
Is Safelite a good option for windshield replacement?
 Post Reply Post Reply