Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Mini Owner - That's Me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Mini Owner - That's Me!
    Posted: May/15/17 at 10:44am
Hi Everyone,

My name is Laura and I am a new Mini Roadster owner!  I love my Mini -- it is so very cool driving it.  

What are my reasons for acquiring my Mini you might ask? 
1. Size. 1.a. My son is 13 years old and for 2 years has complained that the neighbor kids' Mom would drive them to the bus stop on rainy days.  With a truck, I couldn't easily make the turn around at the end of the street as it would end up being a five point turn and I would considerably block morning traffic.  I didn't want to be that driver.  1.b. I hate driving the Tundra into the miniature parking structures in Seattle or even the narrow parking spaces in front of businesses near me.  At Fred's I have to park in the way back.  
2. Gas Mileage.  
3. The Bothell Parade.  I go to the Bothell parade each year and on a few occasions I was able to be in the Parade. When I've been in it, it was when my son with the cub scouts, twice with his little league all-stars team and twice I was walking with our dogs.  Who doesn't like to have a reason to be in a Parade, right?  Maybe it was this past year, can't recall when, but I was with my neighbor, watching and as we watched the Mini's go by, I thought they all looked so cool together.  I have to admit, it was the Roadster hooked me.
4. The Italian Job.  Both original and the remake.
5. I love driving with the roof down and the cool air blowing in and having the heat all the way up and the seat warmers on.  We did that on the way home from Luzia the other night and I thought life can't get any better.  
More, just haven't had it long enough.  

Laura View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/17 at 10:48am
My Mini is not new, but new to me! :)  It is a 2013, with $31K and very well kept.  

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/17 at 10:34am
Congratulations on finding the MINI for YOU! 
Happy Motoring!
WooHoo
 Post Reply Post Reply