Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R53 - Cherry Red Exhaust Manifold after SC Service
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R53 - Cherry Red Exhaust Manifold after SC Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
azamjunejo View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azamjunejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R53 - Cherry Red Exhaust Manifold after SC Service
    Posted: November/19/18 at 10:14am
This issue has been solved. It was an air leak due to a deformed intercooler boot. New boot and back on the road! Thanks to Kurt for the help!
azamjunejo View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azamjunejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/18 at 10:11am
Hi all,

I'm a new member and new to forums. I just completed a supercharger service (using the Mod Mini video) and when I started the car initially everything seemed okay aside from some overheating from air in the coolant lines. Got that situated, but now the car is suddenly running really lean with an unsteady idle. I checked under the bonnet and noticed my exhaust manifold was bright red (see attached image). I'm thinking there's a vacuum leak somewhere, but I'm not sure and I'm having trouble locating one if ther eis. Anyone have any tips on how to narrow down the culprit if it is a vacuum leak? For reference, I did not change the green gasket, but I did here the pop you're suppose to hear when it drop in place.

Thanks in advance!

Azam

Post Reply Post Reply