FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNose Mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nose Mask
    Posted: September/22/06 at 12:27am

Well now since new wheels is out of the question. I want to get a nose mask for my Cheetah. I went online and you can order but separate charge for installation. Noticed one or two mini's at Mt. Baker run with nose masks. Should I order online and then drive down to NW Mini to install or can I easily put the nose mask on myself?

FYI when all else fails I read the instructions.

Cheetah

05/MC/Gold

Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/06 at 12:57am
When you say nose mask, are you talking about the clear Invisishield?  If so, I would say that you should get it done professionally.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/06 at 10:27am

Phydeaux,

No the synthetic leather mask like Mikeminirox has on his mini. I only want to use it during the fall weather and remove it during the summer. I heard it can affect the paint on the hood. Even though my mini is a cheetah I don't particularly want the black spots on the hood if you know what I mean?

Cheetah

05/MC/Gold

Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/06 at 10:39am
I have a nose mask for my Mazda 3. It's easy to install. Just install some grommets in the fender wells in the existing holes for the fender liner. Then just stretch the mask on around everything and hook in the elastic catches where required. You definitely shouldn't use it in wet weather as they can cause your paint to haze and wear. I mainly just use mine in the summer when it doesn't rain much and in the winter if driving over the mountains. Because of the water/paint issue I don't use it much and could have done with out it since I get paint chips when it's not on in the rain anyway. The invisishield is great but I'm not willing to pay $700+ to have it installed.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/06 at 10:19pm

Wildfamily,

Thanks for the tips on use and putting it on. Guess I had when to use it backwards?   Yeah I had a nose mask on my CRX year round and I never noticed any chips and the paint looked fine. But my CRX was white and probably wouldn't show like my Gold mini.

Sorry your mini needs a paint repair. Hope you found someone to do it

Cheetah

05/MC/Gold

Sanaye

Post Reply Post Reply