Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The official names with faces with cars thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/09 at 6:39am
Nice paddle Stephen!  Is your MINI an amphibian?  If so, that paddle may come in handy.  LOL  Just kidding...  That's a beauty you have there.  How long have you had your MINI?  I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you or your car yet.  Hopefully in the near future we'll catch up with each other.  Perhaps on the Tulip Ralley?  Thanks for sharing your picture...

Cheers,
Brenda Smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/09 at 6:43am
Bruce, Stacie and Elliott...

My apologies for not commenting on your photos sooner.  Very nice pics!  Thumbs%20Up  Also, I'm happy we got a chance to talk and go on drives with you in Las Vegas.  I hope you had a great time at AMVIV and that you also had a safe trip home.  Perhaps we'll meet again soon?  Until then...

Happy motoring,
Brenda
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/09 at 8:41am
Brenda!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope I do not need to be teaching the Mini to swim.  I did own a Honda 600 Sedan that went down the Carmel River a few feet before it caught traction and continued the fording!  Both thrilling and stupid...
Perhaps the Tulip Ralley since my wife loves flowers.
Happy Motoring!

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
d_m0906 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d_m0906 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/09 at 5:32am
Welcome Soggy-1 nice to see you found your way to this great club.  Look forward to meeting you again.
Michael & Darell
08 CR/W MCS,(Pkgs:PRM,SPT,CONV,CWP)
(Intr:anthrct, blk lounge lthr, Nav,Color line RRed w/chrm and brush almn) Stptrnc AT, xenons/R-fog, Chk Mirror Cps,Joey mod,Alta intake & exhaust
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/09 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by d_m0906 d_m0906 wrote:

Welcome Soggy-1 nice to see you found your way to this great club.  Look forward to meeting you again.
Michael?!  You've been Missing In Action girl!  How are you, your hubby Darell and your new baby girl?  I hope all is well...  Looking forward to seeing you three on a drive soon. Tongue
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/09 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Sanderskog Sanderskog wrote:

No family pictures with the car so I will have to piece this together.

This is Skög (sporting its winter shoes).

My lovely bride, Nicole.

My daughter, Elia (Ellie).  She thinks she is the second in command...

My son, Evan, and I (Todd aka-Sanderskog).  It's an older picture but as the family photographer it's the only one I have handy (taken by me of course...).

Oh, and I will take a stab at this one...

Originally posted by scooop scooop wrote:

So many MINIs, so few faces. For those of us who can't tell the difference between a Sanderskog and a Scooop, or a jaqjaq and a johnf36, this is the place to start.

Sanderskog is 6'4" and weighs in at about XXX lbs Wink.  He's typically clean shaven and well behaved.  Scoop on the other hand is much shorter, heavier (2650+ lbs), and typically can be seen with a very dirty butt.

Cheers,
Todd

I miss the Sanderskogs Cry

Montster View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/09 at 9:43pm

Here is a photo of my beautiful bride Paige, my 07 Mini Cooper S "Sterling" and me.
Monte and Paige 07 MCS DKS,All pkgs, 6spd Alta CAI 19mm swaybar
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/09 at 10:37pm
Brenda:

We have had the Mini since April '09.  I am new to these Mini's but in a past life I raced against  one with another British sports car and was totally trashed by the Mini.  I believe it was a Stage 5, 1968 MC-S.  I was driving a TR4-IRS w/289 Ford V-8 under the hood and that MC-S waxed me, but we both beat the kid in the jacked up Camero with headers, slicks and a big blower scoop sticking out of his hood.  I'll bet he went home to try and figure out how a British car and a shoebox on wheel both beat him at the same time!

I tried to get my wife in the photo but she is real camera shy.  Maybe soon since I am working on a upgraded photo with the car upgrades.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/09 at 8:36am
Stephen (Soggy-1)

Hope to meet you and your wife soon.  Perhaps the Winged Victory tour on June 13th... or were you going to be out of town?  Sorry as I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said they were going to be elsewhere that weekend.

Cheers,
Brenda
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/09 at 8:54am
Brenda!

Not sure about the Winged Ralley since we are not particularly interested in Rallies, but Cruises are another story.  Possibly the XXX Burger Cruise or the one I really want to attend would be a Mt. St. Helens Cruise if that takes place.

We are really fog people and hide under rocks whenthe sun comes out.  Way to many years of living on the west Coast and in fog belts.  A Cruise to the beach would be right up my alley.

Stephen

Nicoli View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 6:03am
Hi everyone!

I'm new to owning a MINI and also new to the PSMINI community. I'm really grateful to be here and promise to motor happy and responsibly! (well mostly!! :)

I'm 38, never married, no kids, mid-life career change into nursing and taking pre-reqs for RN schooling right now, hoping to eventually get a BSN but thats a few years down the road. Interested in Psych-related Nursing so far, but there are so many possibilities that could easily change.

Chris & Mondo on 6/6/09:

Edited by Nicoli - June/06/09 at 6:09am
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 6:08am
Hi Chris,

What a totally sweet ride you have there!  BowDown  I first layed eyes on the new 2009 MCSC at AMVIV (A Mini Vacation In Vegas) and it was even the same color as yours.
Nicoli View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 6:19am
Thanks Brenda!! I love learning about other people's MINIs almost as much as thinking about mine...what an amazing phenomenon. I'm new to all this - what a community! I'm so glad to be able to hopefully make a meaningful contribution to more smiles in our world. I like smiles. Lots and lots of smiles....ahhhh :-)

Edited by Nicoli - June/06/09 at 6:20am
Brilliant Black Countryman S All-4, picked up August 10, 2011 at Seattle MINI.
Montster View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 6:45am
Awesome awesome. Great looking ride. you have every reason to be excited. I dont understand people that think the Mini is "just another car" I too am enjoying driving again, Its absolutely BRILLIANT!!
Monte and Paige 07 MCS DKS,All pkgs, 6spd Alta CAI 19mm swaybar
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Montster Montster wrote:

Awesome awesome. Great looking ride. you have every reason to be excited. I dont understand people that think the Mini is "just another car" I too am enjoying driving again, Its absolutely BRILLIANT!!

TIMES TWO GUMBY WELCOMES YOU TOO.
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 11:12am
Hi again,

I'm at work and we had an alarm (I'm a firefighter), so I didn't get to finish commenting on Chris' MCSC photos. 

Chris ~ I especially like the photo with you and your MCSC.  It looks really shiny in that photo and you look like one happy guy too.  LOL  I don't know about everyone here on the forum... but even after nearly 3 years, I still can't get the grin off my face when I drive my car.  I've had all sorts of vehicles in the past (Toyota PU, Porsche 928, Scirroco, Jetta, Camry, Civic, an Audi, etc.) and the MINI's definitely the most funnest car I've ever owned and driven hands down!  Big%20smile 
Drive
BUTTONS View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUTTONS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 11:34am
Chris, Does your iphone work yet? Hope it dried out.
Tina P.
Tina
"BUTTONS" ~ 2009 R57 picked up 4/20/09
Nicoli View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/09 at 12:43pm
wow thanks guys!!!!!! *blush*

what an awesome bunch!! I hope to meet you soon! I'm in the last two weeks of school before summer session (yes taking that also, a nursing assistant course required for the program with clinicals on sat. from 7am to 3pm ouch hehe but its all good mondo will wait if I ask him reeeeeal nice and keep him shiny)

Well darnit you guys just rock. Thanks SO SO much for the hellos! I still don't know many people out here after moving from nyc and I'm really humbled and grateful for the chance to meet good people. I still don't have a girlfriend (!) (hello empty life, workaholic needs to prioritize himself a lady) and I don't want someone to like me just for my car (seriously, been there done that, not good results) but I am thinking...mondo probably can't hurt! heehee

too much info? probably. my mouth runneth over AGAIN!!!! hehehehehehhee

*dances* talk to you all soon.....*waves from roof, stumbling backwards falling over railing and out of sight*

*from below* "oh right the iphone!! where is that thing..."

edit: iphone working, power, getting text gongs...but screen is dead im pretty sure. lights up, big watery blobs behind it though. its in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice but I tink shes a goner. Ordered a replacement, these things happen when you can't think straight outside of your MINI....!

Edited by Nicoli - June/07/09 at 5:43am
Nicoli View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/09 at 3:02pm
havent been on PSMINI much in the last 20 days - lot going on, wasnt sure where to post this but wanted to thank you for the membership kit. Its totally awesome and lots of nice stuff! Thanks!!!

I put it to good use right away:

I joined in the middle of school break between quarters (I'm going full time summer also) and I just had abdomioplasty (tummy tuck) surgery after losing 100 lbs over the last year (I quit drinking, started exercising, etc etc I won't bore you with the details I could go on and on, lol)

anyway, thing is I'm sitting here with stiches just taken out a week after the surgery and I have a compression bandage on for two more weeks (I took it off the last few days and my doc was a little upset about that) so I'm not sure I'll feel up to the Mud Mountain Dam run this weekend but I would love to attend an event soooon. I'm really happy to be a member of the group and to have met so many awesome folks already. I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I wasnt sure where to put it. Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcomes and I hope to be part of greeting newcomers also soon, I'm just getting some personal life stuff up and running that I've been cooking a while, the MINI is a part of that. :)

Woohoo! I'm on facebook too, thanks for the adds I've gotten, lotsa pics there of Mondo the IY 09 MCSC, but what I'm finding is that I really want to see YOUR MINIs and mods, its so exciting seeing the love we all have for these wonderful machines.

Thanks again and see you soon at an event, I can't wait!! Thanks for setting them up I know thats a lot of work and I just am so thrilled at the prospect of being a part of one very soon....woohoo!!

here is one of my first (PG-Rated! LOL) post-surgery pics this week:

see you all soon!!!   -Chris Thompson (currently) from Bellingham, Nicoli on forums, proud owner of Mondo (he's a great lil guy!)
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/09 at 6:29pm
Looks like the right place to post to me Dude. Your looking great and cuddos for taking on the life change issues.

But hold it here Chris did you mod Mondo's S ?

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Nicoli View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/09 at 7:08pm
thanks John -- It looks like I did but its the flash, it comes out all neony and glowy for some reason, in person it sort of looks like a candy-red sort of S - I'm sure I'm getting the color wrong but its just the reflective paint or whatever. cool effect tho :)
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/09 at 1:46pm
Nice pics Chris! Thumbs%20Up  Thanks for sharing...  Oh yeah... and I checked out all the photos of Mondo on your Facebook.  Quite a gorgeous MCSC you got there! BowDown  You look great too!  I can't believe you've lost 100 pounds.  That's amazing!  I'm so happy that you were able to make that change.  I know I struggle with my weight, so I have great admiration in what you've accomplished.  Approve
jerseymike68 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseymike68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/09 at 4:09pm
bethany.parker713 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethany.parker713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 8:03pm
Hi everyone my name is Bethany i have had my Mini for 1 month and i sold my lifted jeep wrangler to get it.  I have always been a big vehicle person and now i will not drive anything but a mini Big smile
Sexxymomma713 CR/CR S Loaded, matching car seats, MY BABY
heine12oz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heine12oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by bethany.parker713 bethany.parker713 wrote:

Hi everyone my name is Bethany i have had my Mini for 1 month and i sold my lifted jeep wrangler to get it.  I have always been a big vehicle person and now i will not drive anything but a mini Big smile
Welcome Bethany.  glad you found us.  Lots of good stuff to see and do on your car.  Post up some pics of your new beauty.  love to see it.
pepper white. black roof. 20% tint. cobra stripes. rally lights. aero grille. 18" TSW Trackstar 5. Alta CAI. 15%
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 9:28pm
Welcome Bethany! Tell us more about your car! You sound like a real MINI nut like the rest of us. Take a peak at the events calendar for a future event. You are welcome to join us on Saturday morning for a morning run starting in Issaquah! Cheers!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by bethany.parker713 bethany.parker713 wrote:

Welcome Bethany! I'm glad you found us. I don't live too far from you... I'm in Graham-Kapowsin area and drive through Puyallup all the time. I will have to keep an eye out for you. What color is your Mini? Do share all the details if you don't mind and post pics if you have any.

Cheers,
Brenda
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethany.parker713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 10:25pm
I am debating on it I have my 2 kids this weekend and i am not sure how they would do lol.  They love the MINI to death,  I argue with my daughter all the time on if it her car or mine and she is 2 1/2 years old lol and my son argues with me on weather or not to go faster hehehe and he is 3 1/2 years old. 

I am not sure on what all you would like to know about my MINI but I know it is Loaded except for the stereo system and no heated seats... I would like to put a after market super charger in it and the cross drilled and slotted brakes with the red calipers lol.  not sure what all i can do on it.  I have always had older vehicles.

I am also ashamed i need to wash and detail it tomorrow.  But i just got back from Spokane that was a hoot lol i love the MINI even more after taking it on the trip,  It was snowing when i went over the pass the 1st time and i was scared at first but now wow it did awesome in the snow!!! Coming back was a hoot also clear dry roads and it was so much fun coming back through the pass hehehe.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethany.parker713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 10:28pm
I have a Chili Red and Black MINI.  No tinted window's unfortianantly Unhappy  But soon lol 
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/10 at 10:44pm
Bethany - Always good to have another CHILI Red in the Club!  Anybody who drives the passes in snow and enjoys it is going to be a great fit in our club.  Welcome!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>