Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Get Togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRun to Rainier - Event Date: September/12/09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoKart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/09 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Zinger223 Zinger223 wrote:

Hey Sundanzer!

Sorry for the delay in my reply to you!  When you have a large number of cars like this, you have the leader that knows the route and also a sweep (or cleanup) that drives at the pack of the group to make sure no one gets left behind or can assist if someone has car problems or the like.  Alot of the time, the leader and sweep will have short range radio's or what not to communicate with each other.

It's best (and I believe club policy) that everyone has an FRS radio set to 7/21
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/09 at 12:28pm

-Enumclaw as a meeting place could work, Safeway at 410 & 164 has adequate parking that I think we could use to meet up.  I did not see much in the way of restaurants that could accomodate us there.  It is on the right side of the street to make it easy to head out on our run.   
The Safeway is the best place to meet right on the route.  There is also a Starbucks across the street.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/09 at 1:56pm
My hubby and I made a trip to Mt. Rainier National Park yesterday.  The drive was awesome (of course we took the MINI).  Cool  It was a gorgeous sunny day and we took advantage of it by going on a 6+ mile hike.  Here's some teaser photos:

Marmot (?):
That's Mt. Adams in the background:

Edited by Hapa Haole - August/25/09 at 2:02pm
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Zinger223 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinger223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/09 at 2:10pm
Awesome pictures Hapa Haole.  Where did you park and/or what trail did you hike?
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 5:39am

Awesome pictures Hapa Haole.  Where did you park and/or what trail did you hike?
We parked a few feet from the new Vistor's Center (built in the summer '08).  We hiked to Myrtle Falls (.3 miles?) and then hiked the Panorama Point and came down Skyline Trail.  I think we hiked about 6 miles.  It was an awesome day and the trails were nicely kept.  I saw a lot of people hiking in flip flops! Confused 

We ended up buying the annual National Park Pass for $80.  I hope to make frequent visits there as well as other NPs.  We plan on heading back up to Mt. Rainier next week.  I'm hooked on the gorgeous scenery and hiking too.  It can be a great workout....  I'm sick and tired of spending so much time in the gym.  It's nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful days we've been having.

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Sparky View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 6:41am
We are in for this run!  Count 2 more for the dinner too!  We plan on camping at Ohanapecosh again after the drive.  It was so much fun last year. Smile

-Juli & David
Juli & David's 2009 Lightening Blue Clubman/Premium/Convenience/Cool Weather/Sports Packages/NavSys/Bluetooth/Chrome lined exterior/NoHolesBracket/Boot Box
Zinger223 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinger223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 9:53am
Excellent!  Jenny and I picked up the Annual Pass when we visited Death Valley in March.  It's something I have no problem paying for as I believe most of the money goes right to the parks.  Thanks for the information on where you hiked!
Zinger223 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinger223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 11:13am
Okay so here is the deal!

Roster:
Kulmini +1  (sweep)  (tentative)
Catlvr2
YakiMini
KeepRight
Koolblu
CosmicTraveler
Hapa Haole
Stormhyacinth
Soggy-1 +1
Woodstock +1
Rachelle
Tracey
BBM
Georgia
Silver_Surfer +1
MiniRacer05 +3
Ginainbelltown
Sundanzer
Chili Papa  
Chili Mama
Spinstr +1
Phydeaux +1 (tentative)
Johann +1
GR8Scot +1
Crackers0002 +1

Times:

10:30 to 11:00 - Everyone coming from the west side (north and south) meet at Safeway in Enumclaw.  It is at the intersection of 164 & 410.   If you are coming from the west feel free to meet there or meet at Naches in Greenwater around 11:30.  (Jenny and I will likely be leaving Lynnwood area around 9:00 if anyone wants to convoy down with us).

11:00 - We all leave to get to Naches Bar & Grill around 11:30.  

1:30 - Leave Naches and head out down 410 towards 706 to Stevens Canyon Entrance.  There aren't alot of places along 410 that will accomodate all of us pulling over which is unfortunate.   We will regroup at the park entrance or just after it as parking permits. 

2:45 - Arrive at Stevens Canyon Entrance.  Can pay to get into park.  Make this a quick bathroom break as well.

3:00 - Leave Stevens Canyon Entrance and drive to Paradise.

3:30 - Arrive at Paradise.   At this point I would be fine with some taking a break at Paradise to hike around or folks can head home.  Given that we are doing lunch, not much folks would do once we leave Paradise anyhow.  I wouldn't mind seeing the hiking trail Hapa Haole was talking about.

Edited by Zinger223 - September/08/09 at 11:48am
sundanzer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundanzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by SPINSTR SPINSTR wrote:

We are in for this run!  Count 2 more for the dinner too!  We plan on camping at Ohanapecosh again after the drive.  It was so much fun last year. Smile

-Juli & David

Hi Julie and David, I was wondering if  you needed to reserve a spot or is it still first come first serve? There is conflicting info on the web one spot says you do need to reserve and the other says not.
sundanzer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundanzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 1:47pm
Ok I know I ask alot of questions but..Big%20smile....whats a FRS radio??
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 1:52pm
The small-walkie talkie radios you can buy without a license.  There are usually a couple extras available to borrow at most events - that will give you a chance to talk to some of the members and find out more about FRS. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 2:29pm
Count us as tentative.  2 adults, 2 children, if a count is needed.  Need to find out what the PTSA is doing and if anything is going on that day.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
MINIRacer05 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIRacer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 5:31pm
Add my wife and 2 kids to the count on this one! We are so looking forward to it!!
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kulmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/09 at 9:25pm
Count kulmini as tentative for this run. At present I am flat on my back unable to wallk due to a cronic back problem. Hoping to be back on feet soon but not sure when I will be able to spend extended time in mini. I was really looking forward to this run.

Don
Johann View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/09 at 10:27am
Please add Johann to the list. Tamara and I are really looking forward to this event! Thanks, Bryan
REDSHFT View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REDSHFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/09 at 5:20am
Can we sign up as tentative for this run? We were planning to be up and down the California coast at this time but will need to cut our trip short (Bummer - :-<) BUT would love to join the group for a fun run up the hill as a consolation prize. Depends on family visiting whether we can join up or not. We live in Enumclaw so meeting at Safeway is easy. We're keeping our fingers crossed.
Jeanette and Wayne

>43K miles
'09 MC (May 2), new plates: REDSHFT
crackers0002 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackers0002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/09 at 12:00pm
Count 2 more. We're in.
crackers
Graham and Sheri
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/09 at 1:19pm

I know this is going to be a great drive and a fun group but WOODSTOCK and I will have to miss it due to some other obligations. Unhappy    Hope we'll get to see lots of pictures from the lucky ones who get to go....

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

GR8SCOT View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SCOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/09 at 1:46pm

Count us in!

Alison & John
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison
Chili Mama View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/09 at 4:53am
Hi Everyone :)

What is the final decision on time and meeting place for this run to start?  We are looking forward to meeting all of you!
Roger & Georgia Patterson
2006 Chili Red Mini Cooper CV
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/09 at 6:50am
Here is a recap of Zinger223's previous post of times

Times:

10:30 to 11:00 - Everyone coming from the west side (north and south) meet at Safeway in Enumclaw.  It is at the intersection of 164 & 410.   If you are coming from the west feel free to meet there or meet at Naches in Greenwater around 11:30.  (Jenny and I will likely be leaving Lynnwood area around 9:00 if anyone wants to convoy down with us).

1:30 - Leave Naches and head out down 410 towards 706 to Stevens Canyon Entrance.  There aren't alot of places along 410 that will accomodate all of us pulling over which is unfortunate.   We will regroup at the park entrance or just after it as parking permits. 

2:45 - Arrive at Stevens Canyon Entrance.  Can pay to get into park.  Make this a quick bathroom break as well.

3:30 - Arrive at Paradise.   At this point I would be fine with some taking a break at Paradise to hike around or folks can head home.  Given that we are doing lunch, not much folks would do once we leave Paradise anyhow.  I wouldn't mind seeing the hiking trail Hapa Haole was talking about.

Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
MissMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 6:08am
I will no longer be able to make this event, I'm very sad about it! darn it!

See some of you at XXX car show!

~CassDisapprove
2005 Hot Orange Cabrio
Zinger223 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinger223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 11:58am
Hey all!

Less than a week to go!  Here is the updated roster with the same itinerary.  Look forward to seeing you there!

Roster:
Kulmini +1  (sweep)  (tentative)
Catlvr2
YakiMini  (tentative)
KeepRight
Koolblu +1
CosmicTraveler
Hapa Haole +1
Stormhyacinth
Soggy-1 +1
Woodstock +1
Rachelle
Tracey
BBM
Silver_Surfer +1
MiniRacer05 +3
Ginainbelltown
Sundanzer
Chili Papa  
Chili Mama
Spinstr +1
Johann +1
GR8Scot +1
Crackers0002 +1
Chili-S
Cris
Carmen +1

Times:

3:30 - Arrive at Paradise and the end of the run!  Jenny and I will likely hang out here for a bit.   I wouldn't mind seeing the hiking trail Hapa Haole was talking about.

Edited by Zinger223 - September/11/09 at 1:28am
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 12:02pm
And it's looking like the weather will cooperate too!  Big%20smile
Leanne

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 1:23pm
Please add +1 to Hapa Haole Cool
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOOLBLU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 1:42pm
There will be (2) of us!
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio
'80/'95 Green/White Tartan LE

Chili Papa View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili Papa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 1:45pm
Zinger223,

Drop off Georgia.... she is actually Chili Mama  Wink
Chil'in
Chili Mama & Chili Papa
(Georgia & Roger)
Chili Baby
('06 Chili Red CV)
Chili-S View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 3:53pm
Sign us up for at least one - Linda's still on the fence on this one.  Since we have a couple of new members in the Yelm area going on the run, I'd like to suggest an alternate route to Enumclaw for us south end folks:
  • Meet at the Yelm Safeway at 9:15
  • 507 to Mountain Hwy (7)
  • Mountain Hwy to Johnsons Corner (Kapowsin Hwy)
  • Meet Brenda and Steve somewhere in Kapowsin (where?) at ~9:50
  • Kapowsin-Orville Rd (162) to Buckley/Enumclaw
Let me know if anyone else from the south end will be joining the group so I can make adjustments to the route/times.
Chili Papa View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili Papa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/09 at 10:11pm
Hey there Chili-S Tongue

We can do that, Thumbs%20Up heck the Yelm Safeway is a stones throw from us... LOL
Chil'in
Chili Mama & Chili Papa
(Georgia & Roger)
Chili Baby
('06 Chili Red CV)
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/09 at 2:34am
Hmmmm, I need to get my ducks in a row... We are planning to be in Seattle....
I'm tentative at this moment but hoping to still be able to make it...
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>