Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Warranty Issues and Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How much did you pay for your Extended Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much did you pay for your Extended Maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much did you pay for your Extended Maintenance
    Posted: April/03/09 at 4:16am

NW Mini is asking $1,595 for there 6 year/100,000 miles Maintenance Program Upgrade. 

It appears with just the brake maintenance alone this will pay for it itself in the long run.     I know this price is negotiable.  But what I want to know is how much did you pay for it?   

I'm hoping to get some feed back from you all so I can get the best price for this extended coverage.
bluebomber View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebomber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/09 at 2:17pm

I have the extended warranty on my MINI, and I just took my MINI to Rasmussen on Thursday and even w/ the e-warranty I still had to shell out almost $300.00 just for the inspection, and after a leaky coolant reservoir that was replaced ( that was supposed to be covered under the warranty) . And at the time is was.  But then..........

A day later they called asking me for more money, they claim that a $50.00 deductible now needs to be paid.
 For something that should have been covered..

I don't know if this will help you, I just don't want anybody thinking that the extended warranty price means that you don't pay anything down the road......because you do.
Jill's 04 super cooper Eb, madness 15% pulley, blk bonnet stripes, leather, CAI, CF, CLI
Bring on those hairpin curves.
My personal plate~ MINAMZD
Habanero View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Habanero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/09 at 9:40am
Sorry for the late reply; saw this for the 1st time today.

We're talking apples and oranges here, but easy to be confused.  There's an extended MAINTENANCE program offered by BMW/MINI that pays for routine, scheduled maintenance in advance, and the work is done by MINI.  This means oil changes, tune ups, etc.  It also includes coverage for normal wear & tear on brakes and clutch, but that's it.  If you burn thru one set of brakes ($1250) before 100,000 miles,  plus do regular maintenance it more than pays for itself.

Then there's an aftermarket extended WARRANTY program from MINI that allows you to go to them or any other certified mechanic.  This one covers stuff that breaks; it does not cover scheduled maintenance like described above.  I haven't read this specific policy, but they usually cover most (not all) of the things that break in your engine and drivetrain.

BBM, did you buy the Maintenance program?  Were you able to get a lower price?  We're thinking about it for Habanero.
Mike & Ruth

'07 MCS, CR/B, NO sun roof, DSC, LSD, Premium, Leather, English Oak, chrome line interior, blingy thingies
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/09 at 2:43pm
BBM< (Amman),

I see you tagged my MINI at LA Fitness yesterday.  Wink  I thought to do the same thing, but you beat me to it.  LOL

So.... are you going to buy the extended maintenance?  It's too late for me as I've passed the 36,000 mile mark.  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to do the extended warranty.  However, I fear I may have voided any warranty coverage because of all the aftermarket mods I have on my MINI.  I recently hit the 45,000 mile mark on the Winged Victory Tour last Saturday.  Decisions, decisions...  I think I'll probably gamble and go without.  I presume if I do the oil changes myself I void the warranty for not taking it in to a "certified" mechanic?  Anybody else have feedback on the extended warranty/maintenance? 
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Habanero View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Habanero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/09 at 1:33am
Brenda - a couple of notes from experience.  The answer to buying the extended maintenance contract is 'maybe'.  Only the dealer can answer that one, bc you're in a gray area.  If your 06 has BOTH 36,000+ miles and is more than 3 years from date of delivery, it's probably a no-go.  If it's under 3 years, ask. 

Keep in mind the dealer's perspective; it's the same if you're selling extended warranties or maintenance contracts for cars, boats, cameras or airplanes.  They are an extremely profitable sale.  So if the rules from the insurer allow NW MINI to sell you a maintenance contract, they will.

If it's an extended warranty, (I'm guessing the 06 is the same as my 07: 4 years and 50,000 miles), you're still eligible.  I'd try a quiet conversation with Terry or one of the NW MINI "good guys" about the mods and how they handle that in house.  From other feedback on the Forum, it looks like they are pretty lenient.  Good Luck!!
Mike & Ruth

'07 MCS, CR/B, NO sun roof, DSC, LSD, Premium, Leather, English Oak, chrome line interior, blingy thingies
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/09 at 7:10am

Habanero,

I'm already aware that it's too late for the extended maintenance since I'm past 36,000 miles.  I do my own oil changes and figure I can handle a lot of the general maintenance myself (i.e. brakes, air filter, plugs, etc.). 

I was more concerned that I'd void the extended warranty because of performing oil changes myself and not at a "certified" auto repair facility.  My MINI's currently at 45,000 miles and realize I need to make a decision before it hits 50,000 miles.  At this point I think I'm going to pass on the extended warranty and keep my fingers crossed and pray that nothing "big" happens.  My main worry is the transmission.  From what I understand, it's about $6,000+ to rebuild an AT.  Again... still debating whether it's worth the $2,500+ to extend the warranty to 100k and still have to pay a hefty deductible whenever it may need repair.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
bbm View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/09 at 10:03am
Hi Brenda,

I saw your car at LA Fitness when I walked in, and I could not resist taging it.   You must have put in more time in your work out than I did because when I left your car was still there.  

I have a very good mechanic in Tacoma.  His honest and does not charge an arm and a leg.  So I decided not to get the extended warranty and just leave my BBM in his good hands when need be. 
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/09 at 12:57pm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/09 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

Habanero,

I'm already aware that it's too late for the extended maintenance since I'm past 36,000 miles.  I do my own oil changes and figure I can handle a lot of the general maintenance myself (i.e. brakes, air filter, plugs, etc.). 

I was more concerned that I'd void the extended warranty because of performing oil changes myself and not at a "certified" auto repair facility.  My MINI's currently at 45,000 miles and realize I need to make a decision before it hits 50,000 miles.  At this point I think I'm going to pass on the extended warranty and keep my fingers crossed and pray that nothing "big" happens.  My main worry is the transmission.  From what I understand, it's about $6,000+ to rebuild an AT.  Again... still debating whether it's worth the $2,500+ to extend the warranty to 100k and still have to pay a hefty deductible whenever it may need repair.

Make that $3,000 to extend my warranty to 100K.  I just called NW MINI today and was quoted a higher price because now my MINI's at 47k miles.  There's also tax on top of the $3,000 so it's more like $3,300 and a $250 deductible to boot for each occurrance. Unhappy
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/09 at 12:22pm
contact me in a few days once I've got my paperwork back. I'll let you know who we're going thru
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
nicknbecka View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicknbecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/09 at 2:09am
Eeek! $6k to rebuild an AT? Is that for the CVT or a standard automatic? Our full time four wheel drive Durango was $2500. I'd expect the MINI's to be a bit more expensive, especially for the CVT, but wow. 
2007 AB/AB MCS w/ Chrome Line
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/09 at 2:31am
Actually, make that $8,500 plus tax at Speedware Motorsports. I just checked with Zahntech also and they quoted $7,500 for the 6-speed automatic (not the CVT). I'm trying to figure out what I should do now... I've got less than 3,000 miles to make a decision whether to extend the warranty or not.

Unfortunately, my tranny has been shifting weird lately. I went to NW MINI about it. I'd go more into more detail, but you'll have to PM me if you're interested since I'm on my blackberry phone.

*Think BLUE font
;)
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/09 at 2:36am
...and that would be for a 6-speed replacement. I haven't found any shops locally that would rebuild it and I'm told it would most likely be more if there was a shop.

*Think BLUE font
;)
nicknbecka View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicknbecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/09 at 3:33am
Yeah, just for comparison I checked with the shop that did our Durango and from what he told me they tried a rebuild previously and it didn't go well. They haven't done a new one recently, but he told me to expect the price to be something ridiculous like $8K because they'd have to buy new OEM or try and find a low milage used if they were lucky.
2007 AB/AB MCS w/ Chrome Line
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/09 at 3:30am
name of co. is OlympiCare

try this.... I pulled it from another website

(888) 791 0777 ask for Jeff Thomas p.o. box 140249 Irving, TX 75014
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/09 at 4:53am
Originally posted by YakiMini YakiMini wrote:

name of co. is OlympiCare

try this.... I pulled it from another website

(888) 791 0777 ask for Jeff Thomas p.o. box 140249 Irving, TX 75014
Thanks Tristin...  I'll check into it.  Do you have a deductible each time your car needs repairs?
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/09 at 5:13am
for me it's $50....
FYI... I did get this thru the dealership in town so I'm not sure if it would be different pricing for you since your not going thru a dealership. BUT, I'm crossing my fingers that it's the same price for everyone else....
Tristan

Edited by YakiMini - July/23/09 at 5:15am
channelpc View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channelpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/13 at 11:13am

I just paid $1595... the mini extended maintenance ... not sure if anyone else paid less...

italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/13 at 11:37am
0! Was already on the car when I bought it!;)
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
Daveflave View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveflave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/13 at 1:23pm

Just wanted to let you guys know of a situation that happened to us yesterday regarding our extended warranty with Endurance.

A little background. My wife's mini is a 2007 Mini Cooper S and has had an extended warranty through EasyCare bought at the dealership when the car was bought new. Everything that has been repaired on the car has been through our local mini dealership and covered. When the car was approaching 75k the warranty was just about up and we went to renew but EasyCare wouldn't offer an extension. They would have been our first choice. So we went with Endurance and got a 54k/48 month Platinum (their top of the line) for $4,748 with a $100 deductible. This just happened back in September 2013.

We'll earlier this week the check engine light came on and we made an appointment for yesterday at the mini dealership to figure out what the problem was. They said that the Mass Airflow Sensor needed to be replaced so along with some of the recall notices that needed to be completed we told them to fix it and here was our extended warranty information. Upon calling them, Endurance said that they could get a MAS for $293 not the $463 that the dealership was charging and they would mail it out to us to be replaced. We had never heard of such a thing. Since it was a weekend, they wanted us to wait for 4 days for the part to arrive and another day for it to be repaired for a total of 5 days for it to be repaired. This was unacceptable to us and had never happened to us before with Easy Care. In talking to them on the phone they said that the contract states that "Replacement parts may be new, remanufactured or replacement parts of like kind and quality." That's fine as long as they have the same warranty as the mini parts but nowhere does it say that they will be mailing parts to be replaced in the car. They also wouldn't cover a rental car in the meantime. The only cover a rental car for the length of labor hours not time to get parts. They said they would only cover up to the amount of the part, $293, not the $463 and we would have to pay the difference along with the deducible. I then spoke to a supervisor who went on making excuses about how the dealership was charging too much and it should only cost $293 for the part. I expect the dealership to charge more than Joe Blows garage and I also expect them to make a profit on what they do. No business still in business sell items at cost. I'm sure the extended warranty wasn't sold to me at cost. I also explained that every mini dealership within 200 miles of my house charges the same amount for parts and labor so what your saying is that we will never be able to have our car repaired at any Mini dealership again even though your contract states that we can have the car repaired anywhere. We decided to just have the dealership to the repair and not have the 5 day wait and hassle and pay the difference and we are reviewing other repair shops in the area and also if we should cancel the policy and get the prorated amount back.

I would not recommend them at all and I would be interested in hearing others feedback on this issue. Thanks.

David & Becky 4AAREQD:
2007 MCS/BRG & Tuscan Beige/White Roof & Bonnet Stripes/Auto/Cold/Conv/PDC/NAV/Chrome Int/Alarm/Xenon
Pawsome View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/13 at 1:26pm
Paid 2200-2500 odd for extended maintenance at Seattle MINI. The repairs/replacements over the last two years cost around $4.5K on top. There was exact,y one part that was covered by the extended maintenance and the regular propaganda about brakes/oil replacement/wipers and some zzzz point inspection still applies. I call it zzzz point inspection because it's near useless visual inspection and doesn't proactively uncover any real problems. 

Fwiw, Seattle MINI (read Raychel) took care of me when I had issues and provided loaners as needed. From now on though, my money's going to Broadstroke.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/13 at 1:28am
As I do all my own repairs, I am my own warranty. ...but that obviously doesn't work for everyone! 
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/23 at 10:50am
Whatever it was it was worth it.  Stacie's F55 would have cost us a lot of money this summer if she hadn't added it in at the time of purchase.

Bruce
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
 Post Reply Post Reply