Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Touchless wash in Seattle??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolburro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touchless wash in Seattle??
    Posted: May/01/09 at 7:08am
So I know touchless car washes are not the greatest thing to get your car cleaned, but, since I have the large Hella 500 driving lights and a few grill badges, I am worried about taking it through a wash with rotating brushes... Plus, since I am in a wheelchair, it's kind of a pain to go to a manual car wash stall all the time.

But anyway... getting to my question, I know I am new to the area but I still have not found a touchless car wash anywhere.  Does anyone know of some touchless washes in Seattle? And maybe specifically in NE Seattle (near UW and up). I work in Bellevue, so something out there would work too.

Thanks!!
09 Cooper S Clubman Spklg Silver/Black
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/09 at 1:45pm
I'm sure I've seen some but unfortunately I haven't used any so I can't answer your question.  But I'm sure that someone else will point you in the right direction.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
bryandthomas View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryandthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/09 at 12:17am
I have lived in Seattle for about 3 years.  It frustrates me to no end that there are not widely available touchless car washes here.  In the last two states I have lived in there were both automatic touchless washes and hand washes available from $8-$20.  Instead I am forced to pay for hand washes in the $45 range.

I have used Northwest Auto Salon in Ballard for both clear bra and a wash.  Their work is unrivaled for a simple hand wash.  I have also used Valet Detail in the basement of Pacific Place both for their basic mini detail and for their full detail.  Their work is hit or miss in my opinion for the mini detail.  The full detail was awesome and I highly recommend it but it is pricey.

I have not been able to find a simple hand wash anywhere in the Seattle area.  I have also not been able to find a touchless automatic car wash anywhere. 

Any suggestions?

Bryan

ryden View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/09 at 2:30am
I do not know of any touchless car washes but I have used Genesis Wash & Detail in Bellevue a few times. A basic hand wash and towel dry is about $15. They do a good job, are super friendly and do wonderful detailing as well. Here's their website: http://www.genesisdetail.com/door/
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/09 at 7:27am
To bad your not on our side the high school and the church youth groups do a nice job and the donation goes to help there cause. Just my 2 cents

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply