FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1st Annual XXX Mini Car Show - Event Date: September/27/09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/09 at 11:27am
Cool I like it now maybe I can get this order straight and not miss out like I did for a LeMay badge.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/09 at 7:03am

WooHoo

Edited by Hapa Haole - September/17/09 at 7:42am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
GoMiniGo View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/09 at 8:52am
mods - please move this to proper location....

I don't think I will have the facilities to create any custom colored Glovebox Tidys while at the show.  If you want something that is not black, please let me know beforehand.   I will get it done and bring it to the show.

looking forward to seeing everyone.

Alan
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/09 at 9:01am
Alan,

Finally installed the fog-light-to-brake-light conversion - it's GREAT!  The light is so bright. With that and the Pulsating 3rd brake light, I feel so much safer in my MINI.  I appreciate that you guys are thinking of these kinds of things to keep us safer.

Cheers! Genie
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/09 at 10:29pm
I hope that everyone including any new people go ahead and register for the show and let everyone see your car. They are all unique and we love checking each one out. So if your new to the club or have never had a car in a show before, give it a try. You get to park with the rest of us.
And we hope that everyone uses the pre-registration online. It really helps the club and the people working the check-in booth the day of the show.  Thumbs%20Up

Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio
'80/'95 Green/White Tartan LE

Jasper View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/09 at 1:35am
"I hope that everyone including any new people go ahead and register for the show...."

1.) I've been thinking about attending, either than the 15 dollar registration fee for the show am I required to join PSMINI and pay the membership fee (in addition to the registration fee)?

2.) Do I get a confirmation email if I pre-register, just want to make sure I sent the money to the right place.    

I'm frugal, I suspect I won't be active enough to realize the benefits of membership or I'd join PSMINI...   
07 JCW Dark Grey with black top
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/09 at 1:49am
This may be a great option but when we used this organization for the bulldog club we found both the product and printing lacked quality.  The printing faded quickly and the shirts, etc. were of a poor low end quality.  Hopefully they have improved because it is a great concept and option for clubs such as PSMini.............

Originally posted by WOODSTOCK WOODSTOCK wrote:

Just wanted to update everyone on regalia for the XXX show.  We've been trying out some different approaches to this - i.e. the shirt pre-sales we did for the LeMay show - and here's another.

First - Grille Badges using the logo on the home page will be available at the show for $7. 

Second - Thanks to MiniCharley (Belinda Newman) and a little effort from moi, we have a site up where you can order merchandise using the graphics for the XXX Car Show.  You'll find it here:  www.cafepress.com/PSMINISTUFF.  (Still have a bit of work to do on the text for black items except for the round image, so you might be careful there.)  You can preview what it will look like and choose colors on many of the items.  Have fun!

Linda
MINI-Rolls View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/09 at 10:31am
Originally posted by kulmini kulmini wrote:

This may be a great option but when we used this organization for the bulldog club we found both the product and printing lacked quality.  The printing faded quickly and the shirts, etc. were of a poor low end quality.  Hopefully they have improved because it is a great concept and option for clubs such as PSMini.............

For these very reasons we never had PSMINI associated with CAFEPRESS.  Poor products, bad customer service and no support.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/09 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

Alan,

Finally installed the fog-light-to-brake-light conversion - it's GREAT!  The light is so bright. With that and the Pulsating 3rd brake light, I feel so much safer in my MINI.  I appreciate that you guys are thinking of these kinds of things to keep us safer.

Cheers! Genie
I agree with Genie... Thanks so much for the cool products GoMiniGo designs for our MINIs. Clap 

I have both the foglight-to-brake-light conversion as well as the pulsar light. I believe because of these two items I've avoided or maybe even prevented my MINI from being rear-ended. It was definitely a worthwhile investment. Thumbs%20Up
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
SS Mini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 7:11am

We haven't registered yet as our schedules are still all over the place. So we might not be able to "show" now, but we might just come and see everyone. Nothing like the last minute.

Just curious about the list of "registered" attendees. I know our name is still on the list, but we were added prior to the new registration requirement. Is there a new list?
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 7:19am
I'll update with the current registered people right after I get it.

I wish you would show your car.  Unhappy
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

KOOLBLU2 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 7:59am
Originally posted by MINI-Rolls MINI-Rolls wrote:

For these very reasons we never had PSMINI associated with CAFEPRESS.  Poor products, bad customer service and no support.

Well, I still think it's a great idea, and perhaps the Cafepress has improved and produce  much better products now.  There is one way to find out.  Order something !  Which, I am going to do right now; a couple of organic shirts and a baseball cap.  That way, Koolblu and I will be able to confirm or deny the above statements. Smile

Edited by KOOLBLU2 - September/16/09 at 8:54am
Judy-Jo
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 8:10am
Agee Judy Jo and I am not wishing this process ill will. I too want the XXX to be a success.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 10:12am
Cafe Press has improved their products as far as my experience is concerned. We had a bad experience a while back but as of late product quality has improved and we haven't had any problems and I've heard the same from others. Can't beat their prices or selection.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 11:06am
The pink Tshirt I've worn with the black oriental cat on it was one I got from Cafepress a couple years ago.  The sizes seem to run on the small side but overall the shirt is okay for the price.  It's kind of light weight but okay.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Chili-S View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 11:15am
My .02.  We've had good results from Zazzle.
DBCoupe View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 3:08pm
Previous shirt orders have cost the club a great deal of effort to liquidate the "extras" and have left us with unrecovered funds. 
Thank you Belinda and Linda for finding a solution where people can have options of shirt styles and colors, without inventory. This WILL eleminate any and all complaints to our club members, and orginizers about the event shirt.  There are probably several companies who offer the same opportunities.  No one asked Belinda to set this up, Please feel free to take some inititive to follow the example, if not this time, then next.

Charley's new Bro..."DBCoupe"
Carmen View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ConeKiller ConeKiller wrote:

Thank you Belinda and Linda for finding a solution where people can have options of shirt styles and colors, without inventory. This WILL eleminate any and all complaints to our club members, and orginizers about the event shirt.  There are probably several companies who offer the same opportunities.  No one asked Belinda to set this up, Please feel free to take some inititive to follow the example, if not this time, then next.

Conekiller, intriuging information but could you go back and 'Quote' Belinda's (and/or Linda's) post so the rest of us can understand what you're referring to without having to pick thru the entire thread?

Thanks, Marty

Edited by Carmen - September/16/09 at 9:32pm
2008 MCS : almost 92k miles, full Service Bulletin SIM 11 02 07 performed at 63,964 by a Mini dealer. So far, so good.
DBCoupe View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 11:21pm
Sorry, My response was my 2 cents was referring to the negative feedback on the use of cafepress and the HOW we got here.
Charley's new Bro..."DBCoupe"
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/09 at 11:42pm
I LOVE the idea of not having to keep inventory on hand, and the convenience of having a third party handle it is wonderful.  I too, have had numerous bad experiences with Cafe Press.  I have heard from several sources, though, that in the last few months they have greatly improved their quality and service.  Hopefully that's true.  If it isn't, we'll know to use a different but similar company next time, because the general idea is still a good one.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 12:00am

Sorry, My response was my 2 cents was referring to the negative feedback on the use of cafepress and the HOW we got here.

So are saying the nobody else can provide a fact based comment about CAFEPRESS. 

This is again an example of two people making a major decision for a club of over 200.  Input was never asked about peoples experience with CAFEPRESS or any other shirt vendor.  

And that is my 2cents.
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 12:03am
wow...we could start a whole new thread about the shirts.
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

KOOLBLU2 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 12:39am

Everyone has the option to buy or not to buy.  There was a time and budget factor involved here and that's why it was done this way.  Besides, these products are souvenirs of events and are not meant to be worn every day of our lives. There have been other shirts purchased in the past that colors have faded and lost shape. I still wear them. And besides, it's the XXX ROOT BEER DRIVE IN MINI COOPER CAR SHOW that we all should be concentrating on.  Making the actual show a success  is the most important part.   Everything else is just icing.  A lot has been done in a short amount of time here; it’s going to be a great event, great weather and fun times for all who come. So, come one, come all!!!!! WooHooThumbs%20Up

Edited by KOOLBLU2 - September/17/09 at 12:39am
Judy-Jo
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 1:20am
I am not doubting the event, I think the event will be good. 

Edited by MINI-Rolls - September/17/09 at 3:25am
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 1:28am

So are saying the nobody else can provide a fact based comment about CAFEPRESS. 

This is again an example of two people making a major decision for a club of over 200.  Input was never asked about peoples experience with CAFEPRESS or any other shirt vendor.  

And that is my 2cents.

Actually I believe that this was two people trying to use their skills and time to help the club with some options and solutions in a positive way with no potential negative impact to the club or anybody. Conekiller is also saying that what makes this club so great is the talent and resources available through volunteers like Belinda and others that go out of their way to try and help the club without any regard to enhancing thier own welfare. Thats all sir.

D.B.A.D.D.

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Jasper Jasper wrote:

"I hope that everyone including any new people go ahead and register for the show...."

1.) I've been thinking about attending, either than the 15 dollar registration fee for the show am I required to join PSMINI and pay the membership fee (in addition to the registration fee)?

2.) Do I get a confirmation email if I pre-register, just want to make sure I sent the money to the right place.    

I'm frugal, I suspect I won't be active enough to realize the benefits of membership or I'd join PSMINI...   

Guess we didn't answer this one - sorry. 

No, you don't have to be a member to attend and the cost is the same for this show.  We will confirm that you are registered.  You'll note the list on the first page has been updated.  We'd love to have you join, but you are welcome to come to some of our events and 'try us out before you buy'.

Pre-Registration ends September 23rd - next Wednesday!  It's going to be a fun day and a great drive.....you know you want to be there!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 1:59am

Please note that in my original post regarding CafePress that I said it was a good idea and most importantly I did not slam anyone for their efforts.  I only noted that I had bad experience with CafePress because of product and printing quility - buyer beware.  Others chimed in afterwards with their comments.

I will not post anymore on this subject as it has gotten out of hand.  Further I will not be attending XXX but I hope it is a great success. 

Please note that my absence from XXX has nothing to do with this post, I cannot attend because of a medical situation.  Thanks for those who have offered concern. 

Don

Don

Edited by kulmini - September/18/09 at 2:43am
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 2:37am
Thanks, Don.  You did try and keep it on a positive note.  I'm sorry we won't have kulmini and kulbee in the show!  We will miss you!

Now, let's get back on the topic of the show.  Who can pass up a day filled with awesome cars, music, root beer floats, messy burgers, and fun?  Let's support the club and fill the lot!  Who doesn't love seeing 50 Minis - everyone of them different - all together and being able to talk to other owners and go on a great fall drive to finish it off?
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 4:06am

I ordered 3 shirts from them last month and they have held up well.. as good as any other shirt.. they were not custom made shirts though.. if that makes a difference
I personally think CafePress was great..Quick service and mailed the next day..
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/09 at 4:21am
Originally posted by KOOLBLU KOOLBLU wrote:

wow...we could start a whole new thread about the shirts.

Exactly perhaps all this shirt clutter should be removed from this post and transferred to the GROUP BUYS tread.
So our WEB browsers can concentrate on the Car Show .02
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>