Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

( $9600 ) '73 Austin Mini ForSale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ( $9600 ) '73 Austin Mini ForSale
    Posted: October/25/09 at 1:27pm

*1973 Austin Mini Retro Build (built to resemble an early 1959 Austin Seven mini) we named her "Kawaii" (japanese translation: Cute)
*Color - Cumulus Grey
*48,000 kilometers (30,000miles approx)
*4Speed Manual transmission - clutch is excellent condition and runs and drives better then all the minis i've ever driven!
*998cc engine
*Torquemaster Minispares Inlet Manifold
*HIF38 Carburetor w/ ITG Sock filter and Keith Calver Billet Stub Stack
*Maniflow Exhaust Manifold
*Lukey Exhaust Silencer/Muffler w/ SSteel rolled tip exhaust tip cover
*Head was Ported and Polished
*Engine has plenty of power around town and even on the highway, gets great gas mileage too!!!
*Hand Polished Aluminum Fin Valve Cover
*New Spark plugs and new Plug Wires
*Recent full tuneup
*Front Disc Brakes fitted with drum brakes in rear
*NEW upper and lower Poly Engine Steady Bushes
*New Austin Emblem on hood
*New MK1 Moustache grille
*New SS turn signal trim and rubber
*New Windshield Rubber (front and rear) seals and side window seals! plus new sealer strips
*Clear side repeaters and clear front turn signals.
*NEW chrome License Plate Lights (two on ea side) and new swing away plate
*NEW Rubber E-brake cover handle (wife likes this for comfort)
*NEW chrome flare trim (from front to back along ridge above wheels and between etc)
*Jensen HD radio Deck w/ SD card, USB and MP3, HDRADIO all built it!
*New P700 Headlights w/ HID 4300K bulbs and ultra slim digital ballasts(very reliable) . (super nice for night time driving)
*New Fuse box installed and new fuses (old one was corroded from age)
*NEW Smiths 8000RPM tach with pod
*Smiths water Temp gauge
*NEW Yokohama GT Special 350 tires! (ordered directly from japan at the yokohama factory) to appear like vintage MK1 Dunlop tires.
*has 10" wheels (refinished @ QueenCity Auto Rebuild in Redmond) with new SSteel Hubcaps
*Recently new respray in the last few years, body is in great shape and no rust!
*New Heater pull cable installed
*New Choke Cable installed
*HI/LO adjustable Suspension
*Tranmission Skid/crash gaurd plate
*NEW Lucas Style Fender mounted SSteel mirrors
*Motolita Wood Steering wheel w/ MK1 Austin badge center cap (custom fit from billet insert made and shipped from japan)
*Custom Interior to resemble earlier MK1 like minis
*Custom Exterior hinges to resemble MK1 like minis
*NEW Alloy MK1 Gear Shift Knob
*Alloy Door handles and Levers
*MK1 Conversion Taillights w/LED high wattage conversion
*two power socket plate (cigarette style power plugs)
*Airconditioning is a dash mounted fan powered by cig plug power
*NON SMOKING CAR!
*This is a very RETRO looking mini and a lot of labor and love went in to her!!!
WooHooWooHooWooHooWooHooWooHoo

The story on this car is that i purchased it for my wife to be her daily driver and did tons of projects on it to get it to the condition and mechanical state it is in now. And after long discussions we agreed its not the right car for her as she requires to have an Automatic Transmission and doesn't like to drive this car since its a manual. She's heart broken over letting this one go because its the cutest mini ever. Cry We named her "kawaii" which means "cute" in japanese.Smile Its been an on going project and i'm proud of the state she is in now and REALLY hope to see it go to someone who will appreciate her and take good care of her. Please, only serious inquires. We are asking $9600 and will throw in a set of used great condition Koni Sport Shocks and will install them if desired (planned on doing this as one of the last projects before we decided to sell her). She would be the perfect companion in a garage with another mini owner. We have a new BMW Mini now for my wife, and we also own two classic Minis. Must make room now.

Please call me at 206.227.0068 and ask for Tim. Wink
it is also posted here on craigslist

This photo shows right after the HID installation with 4300K bulbs and digital ultra slim ballasts. Has excellent visibility at night time now!

this photo shows the 3rd brake light with LED lights that make up the word "MINI". :) gets lots of attention. also has a computer chip controlled flasher unit that makes it flash 3-5 times rapidly then goes solid. Increases safety and visibility to drivers behind.

the drivers door under neath in perfect shape and no rust. As it should be.

the passenger door under neath in perfect shape and no rust. As it should be.
Passenger side rocker panel area w/ NO RUST and very solid. (leaves stuck on it) perfect shape as most minis suffer rust in these areas.

Drivers side rocker panel area w/ NO RUST and very solid. (leaves stuck on it) perfect shape as most minis suffer rust in these areas. (has wiring from a previous catalytic convertor that is tied to the side as it was removed) was required for all vehicles in japan even old ones, but not needed here. So was removed as there were slight clearance issues as well as the whole exhaust being reworked to a larger bore to increase its free flowing Fire breathing 998cc engine! LOL

Edited by TimC - January/05/10 at 12:25pm
2007 - Oxy Blue Mini Cooper

1998 - Brooklands Green Mini Cooper

1997 - Charcoal Rover Mini Cooper

YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/09 at 1:40pm
Drool
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/09 at 1:35pm
Nice car Tim.  Sorry - but I can only buy one a year from you.  LOL   I'm sure someone will scoop this one up quickly!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/09 at 12:35am
bump. ;)  will be getting some new better photos soon. Hope it strikes some interest by doing so.

TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/09 at 2:27pm
Here are some more photos... 35 for download here
www.accutint.com/mini/cumulus/cumulusmini.zip

FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/09 at 10:19pm
WOW! Thats a nice car you have there.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/09 at 11:17am

Must... not....buy....another....car.....  (but you're making it SO TEMPTING!) 

Cry
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/09 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Escape Pod Escape Pod wrote:

Must... not....buy....another....car.....  (but you're making it SO TEMPTING!) 

Cry

Just do it ... it's a beautiful car and you know you want it.
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/09 at 11:22am
I second that...   Wink
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/09 at 2:50pm

Hmmm....     Idea

I don't suppose either of you have an extra parking space you could spare?? 
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/09 at 4:38am
Well they only require about a half of a parking space. Idea  technically we can fit 5 classic minis in our tandem 2 car garage... we have done it!  But now we have a NEW MINI bmw and can only fit 3 classics (my green one, charcoal one and my friends knightfire one) and one MINI (my wifes oxy blue one). Cry  for now my charcoal one sits outside in the rain and the cumulus mini stays in the garage waiting for a nice owner to take her in to a loving new mini family.

This mini is particularly easy to fit as it doesn't have flares and can be parked inches away from walls with ease.  Cool

Or you can build a private garage for her like Martin and Anne did. I think what they got was a tool shed or something and it just happens to double as a perfect place to store a classic mini in as well. Clap

Edited by TimC - November/15/09 at 4:40am

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/09 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Escape Pod Escape Pod wrote:

Hmmm....     Idea

I don't suppose either of you have an extra parking space you could spare?? 
Beth - Follow Tim's advice for "creative" parking or enlist Martin's help on a new shed.  Come on ... all the cool kids are doing it!  Wink
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Sparky View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/09 at 8:34am
If I win the lottery, I'm sooooooo gonna buy this from you!!  (Come on!  Momma needs a new MINI!!)
Juli & David's 2009 Lightening Blue Clubman/Premium/Convenience/Cool Weather/Sports Packages/NavSys/Bluetooth/Chrome lined exterior/NoHolesBracket/Boot Box
TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/09 at 5:17am
This sure would make a nice christmas present for someone! just imagine it in your garage with a big red bow on top of it! ;)     

phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/09 at 5:28am
If Santa wants to put that bow on top, I'll gladly clear a space in my garage for this little beauty.  Sadly, though, I think that's the only way I'd be able to enjoy it at this time.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/09 at 7:31am
Tim, It is a Spectacular little Mini, and someone surely will take it home soon.

The Big Red Bow idea put me in mind of the time when, as a Personal Assistant. I had to find a GIANT Red Bow (with ribbons streaming down), and put it on the Jaguar convertible my boss bought for his wife. The Jag (with the bow on top) was to be waiting in the garage, as a surprise for her, when they got back from a trip.
I tell you, it's not easy to find Giant Ribbon!
There's nothing quite like a car with a Big Red Bow tied on it!
TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/09 at 11:53am

bump bump. It may not be the right time of year to sell our mini, but if anyone knows anyone that is looking, please keep us in mind. It would be awesome for us if we can sell Kawaii before christmas. :) just keeping our hopes up i suppose.

either way, Thanks for looking!!!

TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/10 at 12:27pm
Lowered the price to $9600. new years special :)

need room now.

we are taking a significant loss on this mini now. But wish that she goes to a good home!

Edited by TimC - January/05/10 at 12:25pm

TimC View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/10 at 12:27am
SOLD!

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/10 at 2:39am
Originally posted by TimC TimC wrote:

SOLD!

That is great news Tim!  I know it was hard to let it go, but glad that you were able to make the sale and make room at your place.
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/11 at 4:32pm
Anyone know of any classic MINIs available for sale in the region? 

Post Reply Post Reply