Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

History......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History......
    Posted: February/22/10 at 1:49am
Many of you may not know me.. and I am somewhat BLUNT in my assessments - Though always with the best in mind... The two things I regret is losing a GOOD Friend Mike L... and a second set of friends.. Mike and Roxie.

There were lots of things going on.. questions about end dates of members registration and things, and I was just PLAIN tired of the GAMES that some played here. I am really not a game player, I remember the meeting down at the Fife Denny's. I remember PUBLICLY taking Wendy to task in the North American Forum. I remember the 5 founders deciding that ALL WE WANTED TO DO was drive and have fun...

Of course when you start a club, there are other duties that come to bare on those around. I was the one that originally registered the clubs name in domain services. I was the one that hosted the website.. and when I was gone to Iraq, it was determined (fairly) that I was just not equipped to handle the site.. In fact, my equipment was not really designed to web host - I did it out of cost saving to the club. I was relieved when Mike S. meekly came up and told me they wanted to move it.. like I was going to throw a fit or something.. I was in the middle of things more important...

The fact is, THE CLUB WAS STARTED to have FUN and to DRIVE. It appears that in reading all of the BS here, that some have forgotten that. That instead of working with the DULY elected members, they have slunk into causing trouble and being sticks in the mud. Yes I do remember the letter that took me to task for questioning a members wife about records keeping. (Which by the way - pushed me to the sidelines, as I was dealing with personal issues.)

Now that those issues are past, and I am coming home for an extended period of time, I would like to - as a founding member - get back involved with the club. I have been away far to long traveling the world. I have had some wonderful experiences, but I miss the club. It was fun to go driving with everyone...

I want to challenge everyone to get past themselves and think about the club as a whole. The people that are members - that have a right to see grown people at in a grown manner. I know as a 28 year vet of IT positions.. That the private mail in this service can be read. If it was read, it was done so illegally and without consent. If people here want to run for office, then do so, but if you choose to step down, do so with grace and honor. (even someone like me can do that.)

The fact is, it is time to bury the angst that people have towards one another and start a fresh. There is more important things to discuss and work on than personality traits that we might not like about one another. I for one know that in the past I have offended people - some unintentionally and other intentionally and regret both. Most of the time its unintentionally.. I do not harbor ill will against anyone. I would love to see the club reunited and working towards the common goal.... FUN DRIVES.. and GOOD FRIENDSHIPS....

Mouser aka Kirk Moore   
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 4:37am
Clap
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 1:52pm
Well said Kirk!  Clap  Thank you for helping us get on the right track... Thumbs%20Up  Amen on the fun drives and good friendship.

For those out in the MINI world (north or south, east or west), please forgive me if I've offended you.  I hope we can get past this and move on to some fun times/drives together.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 2:47pm
Kirk - you have just summed up why everyone joins this club - to have fun with our MINIs and meet and be with other people who want to do the same thing.  We have some great events coming up, and I hope as many people as possible can attend and have some fun (and as a Cabrio owner, shake off the winter blues, get the top down, and DRIVE.)
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 5:11pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Kirk.  Good reminders for everyone.  Looking forward to seeing you back home in the NW!

John - I know what you mean!  The last few sunny days have had me riding around top down with Spring Fever!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 6:39pm
Can't wait to meet you Kirk. How soon can you join us?

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

kmoore View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/10 at 11:12pm
I will be back in less than two weeks, and would love to meet every one. I do have a new job that I start right after getting back - Can we say no rest for the wicked? hehe!!! having said that.. let me get back and settled in - get work going and before the end of march - lets have a get together just to say hi....

Its just a thought... and we can talk about the club, the people, the good times, and how to recapture those good times.. we are in a lull, just need the right energy....

Smile and wave at all mini's friend or foe....

Kirk....

Post Reply Post Reply