Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > Group Buys
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ALTA Performance 15% Supercharger Pulley Group Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALTA Performance 15% Supercharger Pulley Group Buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heine12oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALTA Performance 15% Supercharger Pulley Group Buy
    Posted: April/11/10 at 10:53am
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vendor-group-buys/184970-alta-performance-15-supercharger-pulley-group-buy.html

Hey Everyone-
ALTA is doing a group buy on their 15% 2.0v pulley.  They are looking to get 100 people at a great price.  They are offering it at $75 with free shipping to the lower 48.  Great price and free shipping.  If you are in need of a pulley or want 20+whp, this is the item you want. 

FYI- you will need to upgraded your plugs and belt with the new pulley.  I also contacted ZahnTech and they will install the belt, pulley and plugs for $144.

good luck

Matt
pepper white. black roof. 20% tint. cobra stripes. rally lights. aero grille. 18" TSW Trackstar 5. Alta CAI. 15%
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/10 at 11:06am
Thumbs UpThumbs Up  Thanks Matt. That is a good deal - ZahnTech is an excellent shop - honest and knowledgable.   Someone want to reccommend the latest prefred colder plugs to go with the pulley?

(WOODSTOCK and CINIMIN both have 15% pulleys)
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

heine12oz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heine12oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/10 at 3:18pm
John said these are the plugs you want

Brisk Plug DOR14LGS
pepper white. black roof. 20% tint. cobra stripes. rally lights. aero grille. 18" TSW Trackstar 5. Alta CAI. 15%
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/10 at 9:54am
I ordered mine today. I missed the free shipping though and it charged me for shipping. Wonder if that'll be refunded.

-James
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Freeman View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/10 at 5:51pm
Count me in, when are we doing this?
Screamin Deamon Coil, MSD Wires, front strut bar, Weight reduction: carbon fiber hood, Honda emblem hanging from rear bumper
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/10 at 6:32pm
Its already happened. Not sure if it's still going or not. 
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/10 at 8:03pm
Just in case ya need a Alta 2.0 pulley,, I have one for sale.... say $50 used
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 2:00am
I take it that that is a 15% BurnerS, And I think Freeman wants to know when your going to do the mod party?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 7:39am
thanks John.... yes it is a 15% pulley (Alta 2.0)

New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Freeman View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 11:51am
Sure, I'll give you $50 for it, I don't mind it being a little "experienced" Do you have an extra belt or will the original still work? I also read something about changing plugs... haven't done that for a while. I saw the plug, wires, and coil package online for like $200 so I'm going to get that unless somebody has it sitting in their garage collecting dust. 

I'm out to sea for a couple more weeks and will hit you up when I return.
Screamin Deamon Coil, MSD Wires, front strut bar, Weight reduction: carbon fiber hood, Honda emblem hanging from rear bumper
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 11:55am
I don't think the plug wires and coilpacks are a necessary change. Just the plugs themselves. I went one step colder and ordered Brisk plugs (BRSK-DR12S)
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 12:02pm
No worries it is still attached to my old Supercharger.. You should replace the plugs, and for sure a new Belt... check out tsome of the other Forums post fror the Belt number.. the one I use is the NAPA #????
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 12:49pm
They plugs for a pulley change are Brisk Plug DOR14LGS, the BRSK-DR12S are if you install a head, cam and header. The belt is a NAPA 060535 if you want one a hair shorter a Dayco 5060535.

John

Oh and BTW besides Alta being wrong about the plugs they are wrong about the belt, just my 2 cents.

Edited by johnf36 - May/03/10 at 12:50pm

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

They plugs for a pulley change are Brisk Plug DOR14LGS, the BRSK-DR12S are if you install a head, cam and header. The belt is a NAPA 060535 if you want one a hair shorter a Dayco 5060535.

John

Oh and BTW besides Alta being wrong about the plugs they are wrong about the belt, just my 2 cents.

HMMM. Why do you say they are wrong?
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 1:04pm
The Belt is a must otherwise I believe the stock belt slips... I am sure Oh Masterful one John will give you the facts... I am just a humble human.. LOL I am not worthy! BowDown
john is the MAN..
Steve
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 1:13pm
Alta recommends the 537 for a 15% that belt is to loose.

The DR12S plugs are 2 steps lower, the stock plug is a (I will use NGK as an example) BKR 6EQUP witch is a Brisk DOR 15 LGS. the JCW plug is one step colder and is a DOR 14 LGS.

Ajta has been told over and over about there incorrect info and refuse to change it.

To add to that Jan is the one that introduced this plugs to the Mini comunity and his redomendation for a 15% pulley, CAI and 380 injectors are the DOR 14 LGS. he does not recommend the 12S untill you go to a head, cam, header and 440 injectors.

Here see if this helps
http://www.briskusa.com/cross_reference01.htm

Edited by johnf36 - May/03/10 at 1:16pm

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 1:15pm
Great. So now I have these plugs being delivered today and have no need for them...
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 1:19pm
We has a thread here some place about running colder plugs I believe John P posted it. The big problem with the Silvers is I can't recommend a gap for that plug.

Freeman View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 6:05pm
Does Napa sell the plugs aswell? The only reason I want to change the wires and coil pack is that I've owned the car over a year, it has 128k miles and the wires have never been changed
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Alta recommends the 537 for a 15% that belt is to loose.

The DR12S plugs are 2 steps lower, the stock plug is a (I will use NGK as an example) BKR 6EQUP witch is a Brisk DOR 15 LGS. the JCW plug is one step colder and is a DOR 14 LGS.

Ajta has been told over and over about there incorrect info and refuse to change it.

To add to that Jan is the one that introduced this plugs to the Mini comunity and his redomendation for a 15% pulley, CAI and 380 injectors are the DOR 14 LGS. he does not recommend the 12S untill you go to a head, cam, header and 440 injectors.

Here see if this helps
http://www.briskusa.com/cross_reference01.htm

so the BKR 6EQUP is the same as the stock plug in heat range? What's the one step colder plug for the NGK?
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 6:33pm
James: it would be a 7 or I think Denso 22

Freemon: I beleive with some searching you can get a Mallory coil for 60 to 70 and a set of 8.5 mm plug wires for 40 to 60. NAPA does not sell Brisk

A neither reason to change a coil it the burning/corrosion of the #3 post.

Edited by johnf36 - May/03/10 at 6:36pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 6:43pm
I got my plugs from OPP Racing, www.oppracing.com

heine12oz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heine12oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/10 at 10:50pm
so these are the ones I should get and send the other ones back to Alta?
 Post Reply Post Reply